B4 The Bell Wednesday August 18

We are in the shank of the Summer and here on the wet coast it has been terrific record setting temperatures, the Sea like glass. B-4 will be away with Lady Vivian from Tuesday to Tuesday. We will be attending a wedding, visiting our ankle-biting Grandkids and Island hopping. We have had solid company for 4 months in a never ending stream, when I go to the Liquor store the Kid says "must be a Hell of a party". That is what this summer has been about-now it is our turn-i will check in as best I can. Having said that I expect a push at the open and then a retrace and a down day-we shall see! ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah Beardrech- Winter, the snow falling the family gathered around the fireplace listening to the crackle of the burning furniture, the children reading by the glow of 40 watt light bulbs and knowing that tomorrow dad will use the last quart of Gas to drive the Family to Walmart for Wiener wednesday-it doesn't get any better!

B4 & after

So your the guy who borrowed my family picture album

Beardrech--- :ph34r: :cry: My favorite foto of course shows a Daguerrotype of Mom and Dad in a real old fashioned knife fight--Would you please return it?

Oh Yes the wonderfully charming illustrations of us kids with gloveless hands rubbing them with snow under the delusionary old wives tale that snow aginst skin was warmer than the bitter cold--And the charming 500 pound icicles hanging from the edge of uninulated roofs waiting to fall on the innocents below --all this without a page of Currier & Ives within a mile---I love it

Oh yes my cousin herby writhing epileptically in the coal stained Chicago snow--charming--I believed William Blake referred to these images as Songs of Innocence---or was it Wordworth in Scenes of Pastoral or perhaps Hitlers Mein Kampf-I'm beggining to lose my memory its all so mixed up

[The jam on Monday on bad economic news was my confirmation that the BOJ was making an open statement. They are going to guarantee a hundred point boner blast in the markets every week. The bushman is desperate and has no problem with openly manipulating the markets now. Dow 11,000 for the election is in the script. The media will tell everyone how the markets are anticipating a strong economy in '05 and that the worst is behind us.

enjoy your posts..thanks :rolleyes:

if the PTB were so capable of "making the bears hurt for the next 11 weeks", then why on this green earth did they dig themselves a hole for the past 3 months? why not use their omnipotency all year long?

Who the hell knows but my guess is that persistently high crude prices screwed the original plan. I'm sure various teams of central planner lackeys meet daily to make certain "adjustments" as needed.

"Well Jeb, the Saudis are now pumping at 150% of capacity and crude still arisen. How we going to deliver the Dow for the bushman with that nonsense goin on?"

"Get me that there good ol boy at BOJ on the phone for me will ya Billy Bob. I thinks I got a new plan."

[The jam on Monday on bad economic news was my confirmation that the BOJ was making an open statement. They are going to guarantee a hundred point boner blast in the markets every week. The bushman is desperate and has no problem with openly manipulating the markets now. Dow 11,000 for the election is in the script. The media will tell everyone how the markets are anticipating a strong economy in '05 and that the worst is behind us.

enjoy your posts..thanks :rolleyes:

Thanks -- just thinking like a corrupted criminal pol.

Yobob,

Wonderful that you are a solar dealer. I appreciate you for that.

Some time ago (maybe two years) I saw in "Parade" magazine a blurb about the engineers at the Nevada Test Site (90 miles north of Las Vegas) where our nuclear testing was done, had some time on their hands, and calculated that if the whole test site was covered in photovoltaic cells at 15% conversion effeciency, they would produce six times as much power in a year as the whole U.S. consumed. Many times I've wished I'd kept that little blurb with the date, etc., so I could get more info.

Someone like Sherlock could probably find it. I might even give it a try myself, but I've got this slow computer you see? It's federal, so the information should be available.

If this report is correct, then it seems to me we should get to installing them and save a barrel or two of oil.

It's a no brainer that if you keep taking food out of the refrigerator without putting any back in, at some time you are going to be Old Mother Hubbard. Everybody thought they woud be long dead before the oil ran out, but hey, they even made a movie "Do The Right Thing" to tell us what we should be doing. So why aren't we?

Oil is going to bring our country down, if it hasn't already. We should have continued what we started in the seventies, in converting to renewables, but big oil killed it. Now we pay.

B.S.

So what you are saying is that we can replace oil with electrictiy from solar cells...

Nevada test site plan

3,329,280,000 pannels at $400 would cost $1,331,712,000,000

It would generate 366 gigawatts per hour while the sun is shining.

The US consumes 3,675 terawatts of electricity per year

Roughly 10 terawatts/day

The US consumes 20 million barrels of oil a day...

620,605 barrels a day in the generation of Electricity...

It is mostly Natural Gas, Coal, and Nuclear which is Used to generate electricty by boiling water to produce steam to turn turbines...

I already post huge posts that are a big waste of time...I don't feel like constructing a post going into more detail.

Archived