B4 The Bell, Moonday, August 16

Sorry but I have to say that I saw something on Crapvision this morning....LOL

Anyways, Someone from the Lundberg survey indicated that they were informed that the gas companies will soon (in the next couple of days) be raising gasoline prices at the pump. She did not know how much, however.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So although we live in a city bordering the USA, I am trying to keep out, where possible.

You mean keep out of the USA?

It's the one thing that makes Canada a Real Country after all.

"We're in North America, we speak English, and we not the USA!" :lol: :lol:

Alas, I'm stuck in Kalifornicate, the Not A Real Country That Thinks It Is :(

Rumor has it that the refiners are cutting their margins in an attempt to keep retail prices stable, so that the public doesn't become outraged at price gouging.

Anything's possible, Wndy, but I've never seen it happen before -- not even back in the 70s when the oil companies were the most hated in the world.

I still lean toward the oil execs wanting to keep former oil execs in power... B)

I think the divergence between crude and retail US gasoline shows - besides the fact that this election season - that crude prices have little to do with supply and demand and much to do with global hedgehogs piling in.

Who knows, perhaps even Fannie 'n Freddie are long crude as a hedge?

Guest Icky Twerp
thank you Sherlock.... BTW, i am a believer.

40 was easy, i blew right through it... 49 is a little tough, im closer to the end than the beginning and mortality sucks :lol: . i go into SBUX with my son (very handsome STUD water polo player, looks like his mom) and the hot 23 yo counter girl looks right past me to him. what is up with that! im still totally hot for her and i dont feel old, but they look right past me to my 15 yo son :o . im leaving him home :lol: i did 1 hr on cross country ski machine, 15+ miles on the stationary bike in an hr this morning, and then went back this afternoon and ran for 30 minutes and lifted heavy. if only the girl from SBUX could have seen me :lol: !!!!! just cant shake the funk, im getting older; sometimes God has a shitty sense of humor :lol: , although the alternative is worse.

I remember and enjoy the preview /advert for the tv show "30 Something" which I never actually watched: one guy says to another -- and I recollect them posing in front of mirrors in a trying-on-room, or something, "I've discovered the meaning of middle-age -- you become invisible to teenage girls!" Ouch.

Archived