Bond Splosion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one, but it doesn't matter IMHO. The US imports it's stuff, so when the dollar goes down, prices must go up - demand is irrelevant. Mostly empty shelves with the few products that remain priced out of reach of almost everyone - that's the extreme outcome - but I've oversimplified I'm sure.

Sounds about right to me. <_<

The Game is Breaking Down- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, May 27, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition |

|Comments (0) Edit

The

Treasury market got bombed today in what could be turning into a crash.

Yields soared in spite of near record levels of demand at today’s

auctions. The problem clearly isn’t demand. It’s supply, and that

problem will not be going away any time soon. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try

the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that

time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full

refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

You are soooo prescient:

Since the moment on March 18 when the Fed announced that it would buy $300 billion in Treasuries

over the next 6 months, the yield on the 10 year note has risen by 118 basis points, and I strongly

suggest that if and when the Fed announces that it will buy more Treasuries, even more supply will be

forthcoming from all corners of the market. This looks like a no win situation for the Fed. If you have

been short Treasuries during this time, congratulations! I’m glad that you were paying attention. ☺

I was paying attention. That's when I bought TBT.

Thankyou so much for your insight.

The subcriptcatory is well worth it!!!!

Q

:D

It looks like the Banksters still have a few rabbits up their sleeve. <_<

JPMorgan likely to reap $29 Bln windfall on WaMu bad loans purchase

5/26/2009 8:29 AM ET

(RTTNews) - JPMorgan Chase & Co. stands to reap a $29 billion windfall due to an accounting rule that lets JPMorgan transform bad loans it purchased from Washington Mutual Inc. into income, the Bloomberg reported Tuesday.

Jesse

We are so screwed. :angry:

I have already covered how you can get it in both holes a fourth time - that is, all the bank has to do is fund the "so-called private party" that is going to buy these "toxic" assets with an intentionally-written-off loan, thereby guaranteeing no more than a 5% loss. It is impossible to prevent this from occurring, by the way; money is fungible so who's to say which dollar came from where?

And since the banks will apparently get paid (by you the taxpayer) any difference between internal marks and the sale price, not only get to prevent more than a 5% loss off the market price, they do even better as they get to guarantee no more than a 5% loss off their internal mark!

We just keep adding scams on top of scams; if $170 billion stolen from taxpayers to "bail out" banks via AIG isn't bad enough, this program will be some $500 billion (or more), and that's not even the total value since some banks have been buying up "distressed" ALT-A liar loans with TARP money in front of this program's announcement!

I didn't think they'd be so brazen as to do it in their own name, which is nothing short of a direct instance of theft of public funds.

RANT

Yup, you can kiss the low rates good bye!

Awesome Businessweek cover! I LOVE when these people get their predictions, which is always what has ALREADY happened, get thrown in their face when it all blows up! What date is that from?

What was the date of that cover. I seem to remember it from a year or so ago. The link suggests last July.

Sorry to "burst your bubble", it's from Feb-07.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...08/b4022001.htm

LeeWhee commented on it.

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/blogs/wheeler/?p=78

Still valid in my book as a contrarian indicator. I remember commenting on a follow up in business week magazine (where the author was basically boasting some months after the dare) that it could take from days up to a couple of years to confirm the contrarian signal and usually the longer it took, the stronger the signal. :ph34r:

Archived