Bond Splosion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just come here for sec. BTW Ive just finished my second MA thesis (will finish "burocracy" tomorrow at my univesity..) so I will catch up with market soon. using my mobile ont the move to catch up with this board...

some links about bonds

http://thehousingtimebomb.blogspot.com/200...bond-panic.html

http://seekingalpha.com/article/139681-bon...mething-s-afoot

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

One more thing. If UST (10 year bonds) will hit 6% , then % at other bonds (polish, german etc) will also go up. this tell me that shit will hit the fan all over the wordl

by by recovery. btw, maybe there will be half year recovery but I dont see a long term new business model for worlds (the last one - us buy stuff, china give usa money for more stuff which makes % on loans keep droping) is over. no new model = stagnation (best possible scenario) maybe longer recession (realistic scenario)

How about some closing levels for the record:

The yield on the 2 year note increased 2 basis points to 0.97 percent. The yield on the 3 year note climbed 3 basis points to 1,49 percent. The yield on the 5 year note soared 11 basis points to 2.41 percent. The yield on the 10 year note catapulted 17 basis points higher to 3.72 percent. The yield on the bond rocketed 14 basis points to 4.63.

The 2year/10 year spread is a record 275 basis points.

The 2year/30 year spread is 366 basis points. The record on that is 369 on October 05 1992 at about 1130 AM. i am a very sick man!!!

BTW, one of the best blog about bonds....

http://acrossthecurve.com/

Can anyone confirm these rates?

28% increase in 1 day. I can imagine all refinancing just came to a complete stop. :blink:

Doubt it....Ain't gonna happen unless TYX REALLY gets blown out.

Gotta be a mistake...Or maybe it's the jumbo rate and it got mixed up.

"disturbation" © 2008 All rights reserved. This word is a the property of Dr. Stepan N. Stool and Capitalstool.com. Redisturbation, refuse, or reboardcast, or podcast, of this word without the express written consent of the Chief of Stock Proctology and the American Society of Shortsellers (ASS) is striply prohibitated.

"disturbation" © 2008 All rights reserved. This word is a the property of Dr. Stepan N. Stool and Capitalstool.com. Redisturbation, refuse, or reboardcast, or podcast, of this word without the express written consent of the Chief of Stock Proctology and the American Society of Shortsellers (ASS) is striply prohibitated.

:lol:

So much for that last "safe haven", eh? I love how people who should have known better were too scared to call this what it so obviously is- the biggest bubble on earth! I was particularly disappointed to see Bill Fleckenstein link to this article, complete with why the bear market is over (read: "stock have gone up for 2.5 months, so I'm scared), how treasuries are not quite in bubble terrority ("they hadn't started going down yet, therefore, it can't be a bubble"), and a meaningless, not-very-professionally-worded probability chart at the end. As it is now bursting, we will now hear the "experts" say how obvious it was all along that this was going to happen- just as it was obvious all along that the Cavaliers weren't a very good team past LeBron James, and they were CLEARLY going to lose to the superior Orlando Magic.

In the meantime, watch TBT blast off to new highs in the months/years to come...

Archived