A Red Number Day

The Feds know that if they do this for CA, then every other state will soon have their hands out.

Stoolies better call their reps and say NO BAILOUT for reckless california.

A more profitable approach-

Step 1- Call your reps and demand that all states, cities, counties, municipalities and territories be backstopped by the full faith and credit of the USSA.

Step 2-If that is successful, then short the piss out of the American Peso and US Trashuries and go double long gold and silver on margin.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear cwd, of course, since the US of A was "Founded" in Philadelphia, you should definitely take one and all to see Philadephia, with one Idea in Mind; to wit, "What Happened to the great Founding Ideals, what happened to the Quaker Virtues, what happened to the idea of Helping Visitors, (rather than tripping them, pretending, of course (duh, Officer, duh I guess I did not see that guy we just Accidently Tripped, duhh (wink, wink, wink))?

A Visit to Philadelphia is Mandatory, but, given the rather young ages of your group, mayhaps they may miss some of the key points, although, with proper tutelage and encouragement, the trip can be a very great success.

The prince of total darkness has not yet taken over Philadelphia, but his early shock troops are out and about, therefore, avoid crowds and avoid confrontations, stay in the nice areas, and enjoy yourself. Don't miss the Temple across from City Hall on North Broad Street. That is a building. If you can, go out to the "Pitcairn Cathedral" on Route 232 North of Philadelphia, called the Bryn Athyn Cathedral. Truly one of the finest buildings in America, bar none. By the way, it is still under construction, for them that founded their structure still believe that the work is not yet over, so hope, if you can. Ride to West Philadelphia, and Stand on the Steps at the entrance to the Wharton School, for jpgs, as a joke, if you will, after all, your jickiss and the Donald went there, HooHa, indeed! your jickiss always liked the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadlephia. Excellent for lunch or dinner. If you get into any trouble, da General will get you out. just post here for help. Go and stand by Independence Hall, and see and know that America is an Idea, for all the buildings in this land are only as good as the people. Ride out to Chestnut Hill, and then drive to Bryn Mawr, and imagnie Katharine Hepburn walking past, as you walk down Lancaster Avenue. Then, please go to Bryn Mawr College, and know that the late, great J. Howard Pew gave millions to them he favoured, and know why he was right. There is no finer campus than Bryn Mawr College's campus. It is perfect, especially in the Spring Time. Go past the clubhouse of the First City Troop, or go to the Tun Tavern, and ask yourself how a nation of savers and fighters has been reduced to a nation of crybabies and money printers controlled by the mindset of a dumbed down Soccer Mom. yup, Go to Philadelphia, while it still exists.

It would be very good of you to, upon return, to publish your reflections on the trip in fine detail. After all, England Expects!

best regards to you, cwd, and take lots of jpgs, if you can.

jickiss!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info. I am sure they will get a lot out of the trip and I hope we avoid any confrontations. The main reason for the trip is attend the 90th birthday party of my wife's uncle who lives in Abingdon.

Jick, I am taking my grandchildren to tour the sites in Philly the second week of July. Do you think that is OK for children 5-10 years of age? Thanks.

If you take them to the historic sites and the museums on the Parkway during the day, absolutely, although 5 is a little too young to enjoy it, I think. Just don't use the subway. There are surface bus lines that can take you to all the places in town where you would want to go.

The kids should love the Franklin Institute for science and airplanes and old trains and stuff like that at 20th and the Parkway, and the Academy of Natural Sciences for dinosaurs and the like at 19th and the Parkway. Both are across the street from the Logan Square fountains which the kids can get wet in on a hot day.

Take them to the Philadelphia Zoo and go on the balloon ride. The City Hall Tower tour is great for kids. The elevator ride is kinda spooky, and the view from the tower observation deck, magnificent. I always loved the 30th Street Train Station as a kid. A really grand place with people rushing for trains, the train announcer unintelligible on the big loud speakers reverberating through the great hall. Very cool. Not as cool as flying on a jet with grandpa maybe, but a throwback to the old times when trains were big business.

If the kids like mummies and archaeology, take them to the University Museum, at 33rd and South Street right across from Franklin Field.

I haven't seen it, but I hear that the Comcast Center is quite an experience.

Knowing kids, I would not take them in to the Art Museum. BORING for them. But I would definitely take them to the museum steps, especially if they saw Rocky. The steps and the building are truly awe inspiring and the view down the Parkway, quite awesome.

On the other side of town I would recommend the Liberty Bell Pavilion, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, and a Duck tour- an amphibious vehicle that goes through the historic area and then takes a short trip on the Delaware for a great view of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.

Be sure to hop a cab to go to Pat's Steaks at 9th and Wharton for a real cheesesteak experience. Second best is Jim's at 4th and South. South Street is funky fun from Second Street to Fifth, but not after dark. Too many thugs.

Also for eating fun, the Reading Terminal Market is an old farmers market at 12th and Arch Street in the heart of the Convention Center district.

In the summertime, the city is deserted on the weekend when many people go down the shore. It's much livelier during the week when the downtown streets are filled with pedestrians.

I have an aunt and a cousin that still live in Center City. One is 94 and the other 81 and both still get around town on foot and by public transportation without fear. Just common sense is all you need.

Center City is very easy to understand. It's a grid. The north south streets are numbered and the east west streets named. Get a little street map. Know where you want to go in advance, and you will have no problem. The kids will should really like the museums and the zoo.

I just think that it's a bit much for and with a 5 year old. The older kids should have fun though.

Step 1- Call your reps and demand that all states, cities, counties, municipalities and territories be backstopped by the full faith and credit of the USSA.

Step 2-If that is successful, then short the piss out of the American Peso and US Trashuries and go double long gold and silver on margin.

I don't think BHO and Turbo Timmy need much encouragement to proceed directly to step two. <_<

Thanks for the info. I am sure they will get a lot out of the trip and I hope we avoid any confrontations. The main reason for the trip is attend the 90th birthday party of my wife's uncle who lives in Abingdon.

Of course! THE US MINT! A must!

How could I forget.

My cousin lives in Abington, and I grew up one township over in Springfield. One of the Toll boys live over in Rydal, next door to another one of my cousin's homes. (I gots lots of cuzzins.)

If you area in Abington, definitely take an afternoon trip up to New Hope in Bucks County. Great place to stroll. Take the kids on the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad.

If you take them to the historic sites and the museums on the Parkway during the day, absolutely, although 5 is a little too young to enjoy it, I think. Just don't use the subway. There are surface bus lines that can take you to all the places in town where you would want to go.

The kids should love the Franklin Institute for science and airplanes and old trains and stuff like that at 20th and the Parkway, and the Academy of Natural Sciences for dinosaurs and the like at 19th and the Parkway. Both are across the street from the Logan Square fountains which the kids can get wet in on a hot day.

Take them to the Philadelphia Zoo and go on the balloon ride. The City Hall Tower tour is great for kids. The elevator ride is kinda spooky, and the view from the tower observation deck, magnificent. I always loved the 30th Street Train Station as a kid. A really grand place with people rushing for trains, the train announcer unintelligible on the big loud speakers reverberating through the great hall. Very cool. Not as cool as flying on a jet with grandpa maybe, but a throwback to the old times when trains were big business.

If the kids like mummies and archaeology, take them to the University Museum, at 33rd and South Street right across from Franklin Field.

I haven't seen it, but I hear that the Comcast Center is quite an experience.

Knowing kids, I would not take them in to the Art Museum. BORING for them. But I would definitely take them to the museum steps, especially if they saw Rocky. The steps and the building are truly awe inspiring and the view down the Parkway, quite awesome.

On the other side of town I would recommend the Liberty Bell Pavilion, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, and a Duck tour- an amphibious vehicle that goes through the historic area and then takes a short trip on the Delaware for a great view of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.

Be sure to hop a cab to go to Pat's Steaks at 9th and Wharton for a real cheesesteak experience. Second best is Jim's at 4th and South. South Street is funky fun from Second Street to Fifth, but not after dark. Too many thugs.

Also for eating fun, the Reading Terminal Market is an old farmers market at 12th and Arch Street in the heart of the Convention Center district.

In the summertime, the city is deserted on the weekend when many people go down the shore. It's much livelier during the week when the downtown streets are filled with pedestrians.

I have an aunt and a cousin that still live in Center City. One is 94 and the other 81 and both still get around town on foot and by public transportation without fear. Just common sense is all you need.

Center City is very easy to understand. It's a grid. The north south streets are numbered and the east west streets named. Get a little street map. Know where you want to go in advance, and you will have no problem. The kids will should really like the museums and the zoo.

I just think that it's a bit much for and with a 5 year old. The older kids should have fun though.

[/quote

]thanks, Doc I will try to hit these places :D

kash'n'karry split from government service the beginning of the month. according to dis, and dat. someone named herb allison (didn't he play for the packers?) has been nominated to succeed neel. allison was the chief at fannie mae for a few months.

although, five minutes spent on the treasury department website, and on the orwellian named page http://www.financialstability.gov/ and i could find few names, no organizational chart, no list of undersecretaries, very little senior personnel. neel's title was 'assistant secretary for financial stability', heading the office of that same name. i could find no successor listed. boy, we could use some glasnost round there.

edit: add some words

If These Guys are the Smart Money- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, May 21, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition |

|Comments (0) Edit

The

more the Fed buys, the more the market offers to sell it because

everyone is on the same side of the boat, long and wrong. The Fed is

the only buyer in size out there. Unfortunately for the market, the Fed

only trades with the Primary Dealers, and they are in desperate shape,

overburdened with massive inventories. So it’s not as if they are

turning around to buy more longer dated paper on the market to replace

what the Fed buys from them. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try

the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that

time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full

refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

To discuss this, or any issues pertaining to the economy and the financial markets, visit our forums.

Yes, these guys really are the smart money. Unfortunately, Shorty is very right about some things that have been happening in this country. Our belief system is such that people have "learned" that the smartest most profitable thing to do, at least in the short run, is to take huge risks with OPM and make huge bonuses for yourself. And if that doesn't keep working, then you just have the government bail you out-- while you continue to make more big money digging your bank deeper into a hole.

But wait, what does that mean, that "the government" bails you out? The taxpayers. And the dollar holders. So your plan as a smart person is to keep getting multi-million dollar bonuses every year, which are paid for by the taxpayers who are bailing you out, most of whom do not make in a lifetime what you make in a year. How is this going to work in the long run, having minimum wage workers supply the funding for multi-million dollar bonuses? Oh never mind. We believe that "smart people" focus only on the short term, so that doesn't matter. We are making about as much sense as that Macke guy did on TV.

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

to wind up, here at the cusp of Something Finally Happening, for sure, pls take a look at the Under lying Item that FAZ is inverse to, times three of course.....to your jickiss, it be ready to swoon:

you decide!

post-1911-1242960299_thumb.png

With Trepidation, He Takes A Plunge - Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, May 21, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets |

|Comments (0) Edit

Was that just a warning shot across the bow or did the market just take a direct hit? Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try

time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full

refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

With Trepidation, He Takes A Plunge - Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Thursday, May 21, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets |

|Comments (0) Edit

Was that just a warning shot across the bow or did the market just take a direct hit? Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try

time, you don?€™t find the information useful, I will give you a full

refund. It?€™s that simple. Click here for more information.

Doubled my December 300 S&P put position today when the 20-day MA was penetrated. It is going to be a long summer and fall. I also think that the following is an oxymoran: "U.S. Creditworthiness".dry.gif

Archived