To everything, churn churn churn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did a visual backtest of the 133tk intraday across my "TA stuff" for a bundle of the futes.

Result: Chop chop chop.

The only reasonable results from US session just closed were on 6E / Euro.

Basically everything else gave back much of the trend gains in the trend reversals. :blink:

I thinnk this is an interesting result, considering we apparently have falling SPX volatility.

Call it Northeast Pride. :lol:

Call it, parochial "Northeast Delusion."

When's the last time you were even out West? Ever?

Your "anchor" list was amusing, though. In a 1950s sort of way.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow is a big day for california's politicians and state workers, they are going to find out what big job cuts feels like as their budget scheme/dream is defeated at the ballot box.

Meanwhile HP, a major silicon valley business and worldwide employer, is going to cut 4,000 more jobs.

They already did a layoff this year and an across the board pay cut for all employees.

Ah the irony.

Article about the two geniuses at the SEC being investigated for insider trading.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

"The financial markets are “my main hobby” and “my passion,” she testified, adding that “I feel very proud of my knowledge,” watching financial news shows before and after work."

"No. 2 testified that she makes sure that she doesn’t invest in a stock for which she has nonpublic information by “just remembering,” whatever that means."

Speaking for myself, watching the VIX and Ted Spread come off crisis status while the equity markets have put on a rally for the ages has been extremely discouraging. Watching my target housing markets show remarkable resilience this season has been extremely discouraging.

Reading the following closing paragraphs from the NYT article about the journalist there getting into financial trouble was also extremely discouraging:

[/b]

Free Rent... Where's Mine?

All this effort by the Fed & Treasury to ignite inflation to reward the reckless and punish responsible savers - and its threatened traction in the form of chronic "green shoot" chatter - has me further discouraged.

Jimi, seriously, I am thinking it is time to start planning on leaving the state for greener pastures.

Tonight I took the daughter for a walk and saw a $700,000k fixer that was an absolute POS. You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy it.. It might take years for prices to reset to sanity (if they ever do).

Jimi, seriously, I am thinking it is time to start planning on leaving the state for greener pastures.

Tonight I took the daughter for a walk and saw a $700,000k fixer that was an absolute POS. You'd have to have rocks in your head to buy it.. It might take years for prices to reset to sanity (if they ever do).

Ever thought of moving to the Northeast?

I hear there's a whole lotta anchors there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got some friends cutting out for Oregon. They've had it.

I'm stuck here, for better or worse. Too many roots. Not sure where I'd go anyway. Maybe New Mexico. Seattle. Denver. I dunno.

Where you thinking?

Boswash, the megalopolis about 100 miles wide from southern New Hampshire to Northern Virginia, less than half of the size of California, has 55 million people, 50% more than Kali. In spite of what "Middle America" would like to think, the Northeast is still the financial, commercial, industrial, cultural, educational, and medical anchor of America. I predict that while southern and western 'Fringe America" sinks into the abyss, the Northeast will do far better.

And I have absolutely no idea why I posted that.

Call it Northeast Pride. :lol:

Of course the Northeast will do better--I would love to see stats on how much the bailout money favors this area--it has to be substantial vs the West coast.

Ever thought of moving to the Northeast?

I hear there's a whole lotta anchors there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got some friends cutting out for Oregon. They've had it.

I'm stuck here, for better or worse. Too many roots. Not sure where I'd go anyway. Maybe New Mexico. Seattle. Denver. I dunno.

Where you thinking?

My wife has family in the denver area so perhaps somewhere around there. I also like chicago, but I don't think my wife could take the brutal winters there. (brutal by bay area standards). Chicago has alot of character and tradition, denver doesn't seem to.

My wife has family in the denver area so perhaps somewhere around there. I also like chicago, but I don't think my wife could take the brutal winters there. (brutal by bay area standards). Chicago has alot of character and tradition, denver doesn't seem to.

Seattle and the surrounding area is nice if you can stand not seeing the sun for months. It seems to make most folks depressed though. Even folks from snowy places usually have some light along with their snow in the winter. The constant cloudiness is why KW moved to Texas from here. It snows very little in the Pacific Northwest, but there is also very little light. And Seattle people, though polite (which is referred to as "friendly" here), are socially withdrawn and non-expressive, compared to those in other cities of its size-- perhaps because of the lack of sun. If you are introverted and don't like the sun, it's the best place on earth.

"Free Rent... Where's Mine?"

easy, just don't pay, nobody else is

pay nothing, not for rent, mortgage, taxes, HOA fees, car insurance (half in CA don't have it why should you?), license, registration, nothing

sign up for all the free gov't handouts, don't worry about means testing, just lie, everybody else is

free food, free cash, free health care, free housing

plead poverty, take all you can git

everybody else is

break the system

shut it down

prices will collapse when they start chop chop chop chopping the state employees

Seattle and the surrounding area is nice if you can stand not seeing the sun for months. It seems to make most folks depressed though. Even folks from snowy places usually have some light along with their snow in the winter. The constant cloudiness is why KW moved to Texas from here. It snows very little in the Pacific Northwest, but there is also very little light. And Seattle people, though polite (which is referred to as "friendly" here), are socially withdrawn and non-expressive, compared to those in other cities of its size-- perhaps because of the lack of sun. If you are introverted and don't like the sun, it's the best place on earth.

I could not take the rain in seattle. I'm from LA... I need sunshine 95% of the year.

Archived