Dow to a million,Gold to zero

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone had asked about brokers over the weekend on MTM.

SmartMoney Ranks E*TRADE the #1 Online Broker

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SmartMoney-R...81934.html?.v=1

Etrade didn't used to have its act together years ago when I first signed up with them. But lately they are pretty good, for my needs. I don't have enough recent experience with different brokers to have an opinion about whether they are the best currently though.

Sow and Gold both to a million, if deflation can be stimulated away. But it will cost 300K for a Big Mac. :o

I did dump 80% of my remaining gold near the high tick of the day....Luckily.

Nothing making sense,Gold down another 4 bucks after hours :ph34r:

Now 70% cash,20% muni's and 10% gold.

Inflation,deflation,stagflation.....Who cares as long as I make a profit on every trade,I can still buy the Big Mac :lol:

http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2009/05/18/u...ion-fed-report/

Uncle Ben?€™s Exit Door - Professional Edition Fed Report

by Lee Adler, Monday, May 18, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit One thing that I noticed today, thanks to a poster on Capitalstool.com?€™s Stool Pigeons Wire message board, is that the amount of paper the Primary Dealers are offering the Fed has exploded to 5 to 10 times what the Fed actually takes at each operation where the Fed offers to buy Treasuries. In the first week of the program in mid March when the players thought that the plan would push bond yields lower and prices up, the ratio was only around 3.

It seems like there?€™s a fire in a crowded theater and all the exit doors are locked except this one, manned by Uncle Ben. And he?€™s only letting so many out at a time as the fire builds inside. You have to wonder how many more primary dealers are going to die in the conflagration. We know from the Primary Dealer data that they are positioned dead wrong for a market with rising yields. There?€™s potentially an enormous disaster under way here, and few seem to recognize it. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don?€™t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It?€™s that simple. Click here for more information.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, charged with helping lead the nation out of its housing crisis, are facing "critical" financial problems, federal regulators said Monday.

The companies suffer from severe financial, operational and compliance weaknesses, the Federal Housing Finance Agency said a report to Congress detailing its annual examinations of the firms. Taken over by the government in September, Fannie and Freddie are not able to operate without federal assistance.

"With new senior management teams, each enterprise has made strides in remediating problems," the agency said. "But they still face numerous significant challenges including building and retaining staff and correcting operational and credit management weaknesses that led to conservatorship."

Dead Fannie Walking.

Dead corpses being reanimated with unlimited money from the federal government, all fraud having been overlooked for 15 years, in the vain hope that they'll rescue the housing market and the eCONomy from the death gurgle.

Effers. Fannie and Freddie should be allowed to fail outright along with the bad banks. If that isn't done soon we are going to pull a Japan for the next 20 years.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, charged with helping lead the nation out of its housing crisis

:blink:

sure, and GM will lead us out of our auto crisis :lol:

AIG will lead us out of our insurance crisis :lol:

Bear and Lehman will lead us out of our borkerage crisis :lol:

IndyMac will lead us out of our Liar Loan crisis :lol:

Bernie Madoff will lead us out of our hedge fund crisis :lol:

and most importantly of all,

the adminaSStration will lead us out of our economic crisis,

cleverly solving a Depression caused from borrowing, spending and flushing $4 Trillion,

by borrowing, spending and flushing another $12 Trillion! <_<

that's the ticket

brilliant :rolleyes:

Archived