Is this top is THIS top

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shorty -- "TD Ameritrade really sucks -- and they're not needed, they cannot compete, shut 'em down."

Those r-soles are in the process of acquiring my borker, and jacking my fees.

Bad times ahead here. :ph34r:

Will probably switch to trade station.

Any thoughts?

I guess it depends on whether or not you're a rapid-fire Trader....if not, Fidelity works just fine for me. I dumped TD a few years back....they had some kool tools, but I just like the look and feel of Fidelity better.

On flation. Anything which is priced in centralized auction markets, stocks, commodities etc, are subject to price spikes. Anything which is not is far far far less likely to rise in price.

There is still a huge pool of hot money desperate to trade. The funnymentals are worse every single day. Aggregate statistics might be falling at slower rates.

For a picture of the green shoots go rent The Exorcist. You'll know what I mean when the scene comes.

Here is the possible new great thing. Wolfram Alpha. It is sort of up but is painfully slow and doesn't seem to work. Monday is the official opening day.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/screencast/int...lframalpha.html

I've always been happy with Interactive Brokers and Scottrade. IB is so cheap it's like not paying commissions at all and their order screens allow endless permutations of order types.

For charting packages eSignal is great for intraday. Metastock for end of day. If I were day trading, I'd go with eSignal even though it's not cheap and use it with IB. Both eSignal and Metastock have cycle add on packages which I don't use. I just use their native indicators and adapt them to my methods.

I've never had any experience with Trade Station but it has its fans here.

Naturally, they layoff the most publicly visible/useful workers. The lawyers, legislative assistants, pencil pushers and governor's mansion groundskeepers are immune at this stage. This is a worldwide, historically proven political class rescue technique when the funds start to run dry.

It is one of the first stages of Class Warfare, which generally precedes large-scale political upheaval. Timing is the thing. It took post WWII Stalinism until the '90s to happen in Russia. I hoping for my kids' sake that we get some acceleration here soon.

There is no way out.

In Philly they took $239 million out of general revenues to pay pensions. They need to cut both salaries, pensions, and the number of workers to get to something that's rationalized with revenues. Many of our cities will become uninhabitable. Large swaths already are. The suburbs will face levels of blight that would have been unimaginable before.

No Worse For Wear- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Saturday, May 16, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The market?€™s pullback on Friday once again did only minimal technical damage. But things may change radically this week. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don?€™t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It?€™s that simple. Click here for more information.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CONSUME MORE THAN YOU PRODUCE

The economy contracts

Borrowers default

Malls become empty

Car dealers close

Public servanst get fired and their pensions get cut

Its called reality

I think the Russki's offset non-production by exploiting slave / prison labor for some time.

If the unproductive 'own' the productive, and so get production for free, then the unreality is prolonged.

Perhaps the middle class is now the indentured labor class, owned by the money changers.

"Unto a foreigner thou mayest lend upon interest; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon interest."

The big fancy mall here in sillycon valley decided to put off expansion plans:

In the fall, Westfield Valley Fair announced a major expansion that included two new anchors, an additional 500,000 to 600,000 square feet or more of retail space and 3,000 additional parking spaces, to be finished in 2011.

But the economic maelstrom that hit in September and October and continues to batter retailing has halted the renovation plans, which had been set to begin earlier this year.

"We are engaged in predevelopment work, which includes securing commitments from potential tenants as well as necessary approvals from existing retailers," according to a Westfield executive who asked not to be identified. Westfield, Valley Fair's parent company, is the world's largest publicly held retail property group. It is based in Australia with a U.S. management office in Los Angeles that oversees its 50-plus American shopping centers.

The 1.5 million-square-foot Valley Fair is among the most lucrative malls in America.

Plans on hold until the second half recovery.

GM, Ford and Chrysler have been whipped by Honda and Toyota.

GAME OVER.

Shut 'em down.

Shut 'em all down.

They're not needed.

Shut it down if it ain't workin.

Too big to fail = Fail.

Too big to fail <> Pass.

Buy AZO : )

big.chart?symb=azo&compidx=aaaaa:0&comp=gm&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=7560&style=320&time=9&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=2241&mocktick=1

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=113250

post-2160-1242498952_thumb.jpg

This may not be THE top but sure look likes a tradeable top. ES and YM looking like they are ready to reverse on the weekly charts (if one of you fine stoolies can post a esignal chart with volume my suspicions will be confirmed). NQ started it's rollover a week earlier. Can't believe I missed that one. Will try to post some charts later.

Shorty -- "TD Ameritrade really sucks -- and they're not needed, they cannot compete, shut 'em down."

Those r-soles are in the process of acquiring my borker, and jacking my fees.

Bad times ahead here. :ph34r:

Will probably switch to trade station.

Any thoughts?

I've had accounts at more than twenty different futures and stock borkers and almost every single one of them has found a way to screw me either with fees, front-running, penny stock fraud, commission and margin rate ripoffs, bad/no fills, holding checks, mis-reporting of tax info, or.......wait for it.......impolite service. :angry:

Even a "money market" that went bust leaving us with only 70 cents on the dollar minus exorbitant legal and "management" fees during the 1 1/2 year lockup.

Sometimes I pull the accounts, sometimes I just stay there even though better deals are available elsewhere. I do like to keep things spread around, and there are certain advantages some places have that help me out like access to floor guys and being lenient enforcing margin requirements.

But the one thing that stands out from all the bucket shops I've loved before, that traveled in and out my door, is that Scottrade has never, ever, ever screwed me. I don't know why. I can't figure it out. I'm still waiting. I know they have to sometime, but until now they have not cheated me out of even a single penny, ever. :mellow:

Archived