Another low volatility market day

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SnPee

M:Down 4%, T:Up 1.5%, Down 1%, Th:Up 1%, F:?

Are they coming for the last friday bears?

Kinda right in the middle of the range of Friday High and Tuesday Low (24 hr chart)

Back of the envelope math:

M:Down 4%, T:Up 1.5%, Down 1%, Th:Up 1%, F:Up 1.5%

Let's see Down, -4%, carry the two, then net UP days gets us to +4%,

take the square root of Tuesday and we have......

yes! Down less than 1%

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

the jickiss STOCK OF THE YEAR, CDE, SHOWS AN E A R L Y I N D I C A T I O N

of the Power locked inside of an Item that today is worth $10, but no body believes for they have been

slapped by da Boyz and the can not Thimk for themselves.

Thimk!

jickiss!!!!!!!

drum roll for CDE....

post-1911-1240604595_thumb.png

Now that the banks have passed the stress test, check this. ;)

April 24th, 2009

Notice of Financial Default: California Develops a Mortgage Tsunami Patter Reminiscent of the 2007 Subprime Collapse. Alt-A and Option ARMs Unite.

To put it bluntly, there is major economic distress in the form of further collapsing housing heading down the California highway. You wouldn’t know this by looking at short term evidence. Future indicators are flashing red while many people simply choose to ignore bad news and pretend the bottom is in. They will get a rude awakening in a few months. The California economy is still in tatters with unemployment reaching 11.2% which is the highest in the post-War era. Yet some people think this is reason enough to call a bottom. What many fail to realize is the notice of default surge is starting to look very similar to what occurred in early 2007 when we were still reaching peak home prices. The only difference this time is median prices are down by 50% and there is no buffer anymore. First, let us discuss notice of defaults and foreclosures:

Dr Housing Bubble

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

Dear mdporter,

the Band, The Rolling Stones,

wrote, many years ago

"Every Cop is a Criminal, and All the Sinners Saints"

your jickiss told one and all that the following,

written and sung on this link, by the Great Genius, Mr. Cole Porter,

was a Work of Prophecy, indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5wcLl13a8s

Stealing today is merely the result,

The Cause is the total lack of respect by Americans for America.

America, to all them that do this, is merely a Giant Imaginary Construct to be looted.

of course, it is all done to "Protect the Public" no??????

and why not?

NOBODY opposes these guys, do they????????

to all that post here:

Save Yourselves!

jickiss!!!!!!!

Back of the envelope math:

M:Down 4%, T:Up 1.5%, Down 1%, Th:Up 1%, F:Up 1.5%

Let's see Down, -4%, carry the two, then net UP days gets us to +4%,

take the square root of Tuesday and we have......

yes! Down less than 1%

Beats losing. :rolleyes:

But doesn't the square root of Tuesday = Watermelon? So, carry the Watermelon and you get...

a hernia?

Wait, my math is probably off. That seems like too big of a watermelon.

pretlogic can you post your snp chart again :rolleyes:

You mean this one?

To be honest, the bounce has exceeded the expectations I had for it back when I first posted this at the beginning of April. Of course, that was before we actually finished the rally, so I think I can forgive myself.

I'm considering an A-B-C-D-E count that might have us make one more marginal new high. I'll have to look at things more closely this weekend and see how it all adds up.

post-160-1240605793_thumb.png

If you want to get an eyeful on what public sector employees are making these days, check on this list of San Jose, California top earners for 2008..

The first page is almost all fire and police.

How'd you like to be a police sargeant and make $242,000 a year?

record 5055 is the first one less than $100,000. Am I reading this right 5055 X 100,000 = $505,500,000.

I can't believe it. Unsustainable. omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg gaa gaa gaa gaa gaaaaaaaaaaa

Protect and serve yourself. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Found some information on those MONTHLY leveraged funds being offered:

Direxion Readies Monthly Leveraged ETFs

04-06-2009

DirexionFunds has filed for a batch of 40 exchange-traded funds that will rebalance on a monthly, rather than daily basis. The move is an attempt to offer investors leveraged ETFs that have less volatility than their daily counterparts. Rebalancing funds on a daily basis can cause skewered returns if there are sharp market shifts and high volatility.

The ETFs will correspond to their daily Direxionshares counterparts and seek 200% or 300% market exposure. Some of the funds Direxion plans to launch include the Monthly China Bull 2x Shares, Monthly Total Market Bear 3x Shares, Monthly Energy Bull 3x Shares and Monthly 2-Year Treasury Bear 3x Shares.

Paul Justice, ETF strategist at Morningstar, said the funds were a better option for longer term investors. “It allows investors to invest in a sector over a 30-day time frame and get a more accurate return if they buy at the beginning of the month. If you’re a long-term investor, you still shouldn’t expect to earn the two or three times leverage,” he said.

http://tinyurl.com/c49wvr

Archived