From The Mergers & Acquisitions Dept.

Jobs for the boys:

DJ US May Transfer Costly Halliburton Iraq Fuel Program

. . The letter quoted Jeffrey Jones, the former director of the Defense Energy Support Center, who said [Haliburton subsidiary] KBR's price of $2.65 a gallon to import gasoline from Kuwait "seams extraordinarily high."

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoolies, I want to let you know that the new direct gateway is now fully installed for getting into Stooltrading. You no longer need to go through Paypal.

The authorization gateway is powered by PlugnPay Technologies, one of the web's leading payment services, using state of the art security and privacy procedures. The signup process is fast, easy, and secure, and you choose your own user name and password. I have added a couple of short term non-recurring trial plans to encourage you to try Stooltrading.

Many of your fellow stoolies are doing terrific work and sharing it with us there. Of course. I am also posting cmaps and timing for the SPX and QQQ throughout the day, and am happy to give cmaps for individual issues by request. I invite you to give Stooltrading a try!

You can get instant access to Stooltrading right now, using the form below, or for more info Click Here!

Many tanks!

Doc

An alternative application of Doc's "GM indicator" -- Pontiac GTO re-introduced:

Muscle car returns

Sales of the [GTO] grew to a peak of 96,946 in 1966, helping to fuel an automotive fad that adored blaring exhaust, squealing tires and drag racing in high school parking lots.

This is like a double-top indicator -- echoing both the 1966 secular peak in the stock market, and the pre-Oil Shock I heyday of total complacency about energy supply and prices.

We're doomed. :lol:

The unacceptable face of Russian capitalism:

DJ Yukos In Unsystematic Rabbit Breeding Scandal - Interfax  

MOSCOW (Dow Jones)--The Agriculture Ministry of the autonomous Russian republic of Yakutia has uncovered irregularities in the operation of farms belonging to AO Sakhaneftegaz, an oil and gas company affiliated with OAO Yukos (YUKO.RS), the news agency Interfax reported Thursday.

After being arrested by armed police, seeing his shares seized and resigning his chief executive job at Yukos, billionaire Mikhail Khodorkovsky now stands indirectly accused of abusing animals. Cute little furry ones at that.

A summary of an inspection of OOO Yakutsk Drilling Work Department company, which is incorporated into Sakhaneftegaz, says that the company's farms don't comply with technological regulations, Interfax reported.

Among other things, it said suckling sows are kept in common stalls, and doe-rabbits are kept together with bucks in groups of three to four, "which is absolutely unacceptable," the agency reported, quoting the summary. "Couplings take place unsystematically, and no zoological-technological monitoring records are kept."

The ministry's commission recommended that the discovered violations be rectified immediately.

"The unsystematic coupling of buck-rabbits at a farm of a company affiliate is indeed an outrage," Yukos spokesman Alexander Shadrin told Interfax. "Those responsible will definitely be punished and the irregularities will be rectified."

Archived