Another Flagpole

Iraq agrees to destroy missiles.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitl...l6MdhYqSXJhcSBB

Does anybody know this came out during or after market? If after it could set up some crazy gap up tomorrow. Quote SG: "i could be wrong, hehe" :D

During market hours. Bush replied that the move will not save saddam.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stock Market Mania Continues:

Driving back to the office, listening to KNX Business News Radio:

One "money manager" interviewed had a "client meeting" with 10 high net worth individuals which are invested primarily in bonds. He quoted:

"Out of the 10 clients, ALL are desperate to get back into equities, as soon as the bombs start dropping, or as soon as the bond market rolls over, which ever occurs first. Four of the 10 wanted to learn how to trade OPTIONS in order to get maximum leverage into the War Rally."

Another client of mine just sold 3 large apartment buildings, and says he cannot wait to put it in the stock market. I tried to talk him into commodities instead, but he looked at me with a blank stare.

"Why invest in an area that is still in a decline?"

"I'm going to be diversified. I want some stock market exposure"

"Why not get into a new bull market in commodities?"

"Commodities will crash as soon as the war starts. Stocks is the place to be."

So we have conflicting signals:

The Bear Case says the mania is still alive and well.

The Bull Case says there is sideline cash anxious for an excuse to pile into equities.

Glad that I reduce my exposure to the Arena. Hope gold gets smoked tomorrow to 325 so I can buy more yellow stuff.

Iraq agrees to destroy missiles.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/fgcgi.cgi?ptitl...l6MdhYqSXJhcSBB

Does anybody know this came out during or after market? If after it could set up some crazy gap up tomorrow. Quote SG: "i could be wrong, hehe" :D

"The Iraqis faxed a letter to Chief UN arms inspector Hans Blix saying the country ``in principle, accepts the request for the destruction of the missiles and other items'' banned by UN inspectors, according to a UN statement."

How does "in principle" equate to destruction of the missiles? Why not "We agree, in principle, to destroy our "nukular and udder weapons of mass distruckshun."

No fun to trade against your own Gov. May be run by asses but they got no bottom.

The Federal government has nothing to do with it... You are trading against the ability of the comercial banks to pyramid or ponzi the real estate market higher forever to provide the needed consumer credit to run the economy and "feed" the stockmarket...

We are just at the beginning stage of the realization that inorder to prevent the bottom from showing up interest rates have to be lowered forever... 124 basis points left...

It is going to come to a "crashing" end very soon...

Wild cornered animal stage is fast approaching.

Trade "super" safe...

Bollinger is a crock.

He lives in my neighborhood, and I run into him occasionally at the coffee shop.

He looks like a used car or home appliance salesman.

Next time I see him, I'll corner him, and I'll whip out one of my Gold Eagles which I now carry constantly in my pocket.

I'll tell him that the Bollinger Bands on the Paper Pyramid are tightening, and that doubling the amount of credit and 12 rate cuts has only eeked out a 1% increase in GDP.

I'll tell him that I'll sell him all the stock he wants to buy, and I'll buy all of his wife's jewerly today at the spot price.

I'll tell him that one day his wife will reach the Wild Cornered Animal Stage when the Paper Pyramid collapses and she can no longer buy any more Gucci Bags because Crapvision has been replaced with re-runs of the California Gold Rush from the History Channel.

What an idiot.

Just another Bullhorner, a perennial cheerleader for Crapvision.

Truly a disgrace.

I glad I missed the fun,finally back to work this week.

I see we had a +1361 tick today...ugghh!

I don't think I'm touching this market until we have a +500 point blowout top or a -1000 point heavy volume flush.

really tough to call this market with all the crap going on.

Archived