B4 The Bell Weak-end Thread.

Definition of the Ted spread.

The difference between the rate for Treasury Bills and the rate for Eurodollar Bills. The resulting price discrepancy is an indicator of credit risk. An increasing TED spread is thought to indicate increasing risk, while a decreasing TED spread is thought to indicate decreasing risk.

No , I can't help you. Sorry

yes and from what I understand it was a lead indicator preceding the meltdown in 87.

NAZ FUTURES ON FIRE UP 8 POINTS FROM THE LOW

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference between the rate for Treasury Bills and the rate for Eurodollar Bills. The resulting price discrepancy is an indicator of credit risk. An increasing TED spread is thought to indicate increasing risk, while a decreasing TED spread is thought to indicate decreasing risk.

yes and from what I understand it was a lead indicator preceding the meltdown in 87.

Glad I am long, for now anyway. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Tomlinson/ Curry said something tonight that should be repeated. Bear markets rally at the begining of the week, bull markets fall. Ergo, the book "Don't sell on Monday."

Looking for a rally to get me out of these g-d awful calls. (April)

I have this song playing at ELEVEN. Backstreets. by B.S.

One soft infested summer, me and Terry became friends

Trying in vain to breathe the fire we was born in

Catching rides to the outskirts, tying faith between our teeth

Sleeping in that old abandoned beach house, getting wasted in the heat

And hiding on the backstreets

Hiding on the backstreets

With a love so hard and filled with defeat

Running for our lives at night on them backstreets

Slow dancing in the dark on the beach at Stockton's Wing

Where desperate lovers park, we sat with the last of the Duke Street Kings

Huddled in our cars, waiting for the bells that ring

In the deep heart of the night they set us loose of everything

To go running on the backstreets

Running on the backstreets

Terry, you swore we'd live forever

Taking it on them backstreets together

Endless juke joints and Valentino drag

Where famous dancers scraped the tears up off the street, dressed down in rags

Running into the darkness, some hurt bad, some really dying

At night sometimes it seemed you could hear the whole damn city crying

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down

You can blame it all on me, Terry, it don't matter to me now

When the breakdown hit at midnight, there was nothing to say

But I hated him, and I hated you when you went away

Laying here in the dark, you're like an angel on my chest

Just another tramp of hearts crying tears of faithlessness

Remember all the movies, Terry, we'd go see

Trying to learn to walk like the heroes we thought we had to be

And after all this time, to find we're just like all the rest

Stranded in the park and forced to confess

To hiding on the backstreets

Where we swore forever friends

On the backstreets until the end

Glad I am long, for now anyway. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Tomlinson/ Curry said something tonight that should be repeated. Bear markets rally at the begining of the week, bull markets fall. Ergo, the book "Don't sell on Monday."

Looking for a rally to get me out of these g-d awful calls. (April)

I hope it works out for you.

It appears so far they want the market higher on the terrorist victory in Spain.

A big victory for the darkside bringing down the government.

If the public gets too upset then regime change is an option...

It did not matter who won in Spain...both outcomes can be spun for maximum effect...

To fool the public into thinking something is happening...

Anzar down, Bush and Blair next

Nothing will change...just a period of false victory to sedate the masses...

Yes, if Shrub goes down, then in comes another piece of neoconservative filth, Kerry. I find it noteworthy that the moment the neocons obtained some official political power was with Raygun in 1981. This is also when borrow and spend went on steroids -- out with Volker, in with Greasepan. It's much like the point when a pilot circling an airport that cannot take landings safely, decides he must land, consequences be damned, and starts his descent. If I remember correctly, you call this point, about 23 years ago, the start of the final death march toward debt deflationary implosion. What we call neoconservative is the outward political expression of this death march.

In your postings, I'd like to read more of your thoughts on usury, which in my opinion is the motivation behind running the world on a monetary system that is literally designed, and hence at least once intended by the few at the top, to implode. I agree that it's certain arithmatic logic, simply flowing from the interest attached.

When a subgroup of a society leaches off the rest, and greedily sucks as much blood as it can, it eventually produces economic implosion. This was true, and happened in history, even in the less-sophisticated days before centralized fractional reserve banking. Thus, today's organization and self-justification of the top - plutocracy - is essentially the same thing as the more primitive priestly theocracy of Mesopotamia circa 6,000 B.C. Both still use metaphysical and/or philosophical sophistry, supplemented by armed thugs, to lord it over and suck off of everybody else, while creating the illusion they are good, positive people who are doing no such thing.

It seems to me that for us humans to get out of this now 8,000 year old cycle, we need to learn how to organize ourselves in a civil manner that discourages and disincentivizes usury, in any and all of its possible forms, to the greatest extent possible. Stating the solution is simple. Create an order that makes it difficult to gain claims on societies resources in any way other than by performing value-creating activity and/or value-added product. Doing this as a practical manner, and in a way that does not involve a powerful state, and the parasitic class that always comes attached, is quite problematic and never been solved.

Those of you who enjoy thinking about stuff like this, any comments?

I don't believe we, as humans, will ever get out of this cycle.

Power corupts. Period. That will never change IMO.

Most unfortunately, you may well be right, as discouraging and depressing as I find it. I fully understand why you and many others believe that.

I enjoy trying to think of solutions, or at least improvements, anyway, even if doing so is completely impractical, just for the sake of my own spiritual wellbeing.

I don't believe we, as humans, will ever get out of this cycle.

Power corupts. Period. That will never change IMO.

Most unfortunately, you may well be right, as discouraging and depressing as I find it. I fully understand why you and many others believe that.

I enjoy trying to think of solutions, or at least improvements, anyway, even if doing so is completely impractical, just for the sake of my own spiritual wellbeing.

I watch Star Trek for that feeling. :)

Spoo and NazQuack going nowhere they had there run topped under fair value and now comfortably under. The $ is kicking ass bad sign for stocks!

Follow the Doo-lar. Yep. I will turn on a dime if the $ spurts threw and holds 91+.

The next album in my computer ain't too bad either. V.H. Fools

Well, I ain't about to go to school.

And I'm sick and tired of golden rules.

They say I'm crazy, from the wrong side of the tracks.

I never see them, but they're always on my back.

Well, I'm sick and tired of cleaning room.

And it's the final bell for pushing broom.

Damned if I do, and then I'm damned if I don't.

Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?

It makes me blue!

Ooh, I live with fools!

Ooh, it makes me blue!

Ooh, I live with fools!

I just can't take it!

My teachers all gave up on me.

No matter what they say, I disagree.

And when I need something to soothe my soul,

I listen to too much rock 'n' roll.

Don't want no class reunion.

This circus just left town.

Why behave in public if you're