Market Sneaks Out Side Door

The biggest criminals are these stupid pension fund managers who risked the retirements of America's Blue Collar work force.  Their job is to preserve capital and be conservative.  When you hear the top guys at Calpers complaining about the NYSE / Grasso fiasco...where were they in March of 2000 ???

At the country club living high on the hog.

Dicks.

plunger

I think the capo de capo de capo de crrappo hippo hoppo ring out de moppo is that financial floppo Bill -vie gehts strait is de gate--Gates--who Bill Parrish--stock and bond analst-out of seattle--denounced years ago as the originator of all the options hanky panky---

Gates gave all the other corporate execs in america gargantuan cases of profit penis envy, and thus started the dungball with attached beetles of corporate governance rolling downhill to perdition ---

Parrrish saw the insanity inducing nature of what Gates' hired legal and financial hands had created, and that the epidemiological aaaspects of the Gates plan would spread throughout the kingdom--

An examplle of the fallacy of composition,or more idiomatically,the tragedy of the commons:what is good and profitable for the one isn't necessarily so for the dozenz---

He like rockfeller disguises himself in good works like sending a few hundred million to South Africa Aids patients---while giving americam shareholders the options--either getting the pleasure ofhaving a broomstick shoved up your ass or

inserting a vacum cleaner up the same orifice so as to enable said bagholders the thrill of having their assholes pucker up and sucking buttermilk--

beardrech-- :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: what is that microshaft bagholder doing with that empty two hundred and fifty dollar louie Vuiton Wallet?????

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if it wasnt so sad, the tin-can-scanner's strike would be comical - allright, i honestly find it quite amusing.  i mean if they were so valuable, other employers would have been raiding the picket lines for good employees!  :lol:  and the stores would have closed w/o the indispensible $20/hr fruit stackers.  :lol: 

At Home Depot last night, I saw some self checkout stations, where YOU do the scanning instead of the clerk at the cash register. There was a slot to feed in bills, and another one to give back change. Presumably the machines take credit and debit cards too.

"Shrinkage" may still occur if some items in the bag don't get scanned. But once smarter tags are available, that issue may go away.

Cashiering (swiping piles of goods past a scanner) is clearly a function that wastes human brainpower and will be replaced by automation. Moreover, by pushing the labor burden of scanning onto the consumer (with the incentive of saving time), stores can cut prices even lower.

At Home Depot last night, I saw some self checkout stations, where YOU do the scanning instead of the clerk at the cash register. There was a slot to feed in bills, and another one to give back change. Presumably the machines take credit and debit cards too.

They have these in the Krogers in Houston..Very easy to use and I don't think shrinkage will be a big problem as, in addition to built in processes that confirm you bagged a scanned item, they have 1 employee to watch 8 scanners and dole out cc receipts. Only problem I saw was the human element :lol: You can't believe how challenged some people are by simple processes.

Chiefy- I just went back and reread it and he does say 12 Billion so maybe it is the sum of the regional shortfalls-just an observation I wouldn't want the teamsters running any plan i contributed to-Wowza! :P

As a worker, I much would rather have it deposited in my 401k than in a Jimmie Jr slush fund, but alas that will never be the case. In any event, from what I understand, is that any shortfall in defined pension benefits as voted by the trustees do not result in mandatory increased contibutions by the participating employers. This does not preclude demands for higher contributions at contract time. Something doesn't jive with that analysis you are reading considering the new AB contract and the general regional pension increases that are occuring. Why would this be the case if there is such a massive shortfall? I've been told that in our region, our fund purchases an annuity with cash for the retiree, eliminating that liability from the fund at the time of retirement. Thanks for the info. I'll send it up to the trustees asking for a response.

They have these in the Krogers in Houston..Very easy to use and I don't think shrinkage will be a big problem as, in addition to built in processes that confirm you bagged a scanned item, they have 1 employee to watch 8 scanners and dole out cc receipts. Only problem I saw was the human element :lol: You can't believe how challenged some people are by simple processes.

Common sense should tell some idiots that if they have a full cart... especially with a lot of produce that needs extra attention... they should go the traditional human checkout route and let us single-guy, handbasket carriers play through! There's gonna be a revolution I tell ya!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:fury :fury :fury

:voodoocurse :voodoocurse :voodoocurse

You know I just watched the 60 minutes interview with that fruit loop Jackson that big wave referred to earlier. After retching a couple of times all i can say is we are in the mess we are in by tolerating the accumulation of wealth by creatures like that. A lot of us have put and are putting lives on the line to protect our countries. After watching that "WHY" comes to mind-Trade Safe! :cry:

"Shrinkage" may still occur if some items in the bag don't get scanned. But once smarter tags are available, that issue may go away.

Cashiering (swiping piles of goods past a scanner) is clearly a function that wastes human brainpower and will be replaced by automation. Moreover, by pushing the labor burden of scanning onto the consumer (with the incentive of saving time), stores can cut prices even lower.

MH, I take it you haven't been doing the groceries in your household lately. :D :D :D

I don't know how they figured out the shrinkage risk. Whenever I have self-scanned, I have wondered how many people take advantage of the opportunity.

I find the experience satisfactory, though slower than when a cashier is involved. Presumably one gets faster as one gets more used to it. Though I would think most people do more groceries than visit Home Depot, so I would expect customers to learn faster in the grocery store. The great advantage, for now at least, is shorter (or nonexistent) line-ups. All in all though, I think it works better for relatively small purchases and I wouldn't like to think how the process works when there is a query or missing price. They take long enough to resolve with human cashiers. I know there is somebody there to help, but it's a bit of a pain having to step away from all your semi-scanned stuff, small children and other paraphernalia to call that person in to help.

I have a feeling the human brainpower you referred to will be wasted for quite a while to come, though I do welcome new innovations in technology. For example, it amazes me how many people I still see going to the teller to do their banking. What for, I can't imagine. We have been running all of WH's office's banking tellerlessly for close on 7 years now and I can't think how other people have setups that are more complex than ours. Seems to me some customers might be the ones wasting their brainpower. ;)

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Archived