INTEL Imminent

Dollar loses reserve status to yen & euro

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/doll...170F8D6530791C5

B.S. Bernanke's dollar crisis went into a wider mode yesterday as the greenback was shockingly upstaged by the euro and yen, both of which can lay claim to the world title as the currency favored by central banks as their reserve currency.

Over the last three months, banks put 63 percent of their new cash into euros and yen -- not the greenbacks -- a nearly complete reversal of the dollar's onetime dominance for reserves, according to Barclays Capital. The dollar's share of new cash in the central banks was down to 37 percent -- compared with two-thirds a decade ago.

Currently, dollars account for about 62 percent of the currency reserve at central banks -- the lowest on record, said the International Monetary Fund.

The empire slowly starts to slip away...

wow....I wonder when or if the trash the dollar jam the market trade is ever going to decouple....The Fed is completely foulked...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mixed feelings about the US war machine. I’m proud that of the fact that we are the most dominant and efficient military on the planet. It helps me sleep better at night. But it pisses me off to no end to see us parade around the globe fighting for this cause and that. Osama hit us, and we’ve yet to get the bastard. It was a sorry excuse to topple Iraq. It shouldn’t have happened, and we shouldn’t be there today. That’s not our fight.

They say our only reason for staying in the Middle East is to keep the region de-stabilized, and I believe that’s the correct interpretation. I don’t agree with it, however. Wars must have a mission: a beginning and an end. What we are doing today is pointless. It has no end. Give me Osama’s head on a platter and call it a day. We need to fall back, use satellites and intelligence to locate Osama, and then strike quickly when we find him. Leave the rest of them to sort out their own affairs. Protecting our borders should be our main focus.

Unfortunately, the war machine is driven by economics. As some have astutely noted, the military budget is far too important to allow it to dry up. People need to be paid. We’re in a recession, soon to be a depression, and to cut military spending at this point in time would have disastrous economic consequences. In other words, we’re fighting because we can’t afford to stop. This is just wrong.

I think Americans love the military because it is our heritage. We owe our freedom to it. My favorite quote comes from a poster that says: “The Second Amendment – Washington didn’t use his right to free speech to defeat the British. He shot them.” I think it embodies the everlasting philosophy that binds us as a country. We owe what we have both to the gun and our ingenuity. Without the gun, our ability to create would never have flourished. That will always be our legacy.

Good night. Here’s to sweet dreams of a JPM runny morning coffee turd.

Give me Osama’s head on a platter and call it a day. We need to fall back, use satellites and intelligence to locate Osama, and then strike quickly when we find him. Leave the rest of them to sort out their own affairs. Protecting our borders should be our main focus.

If it were possible, it would have happened already.

It's not possible.

Some of the reasons are technical. The rest are political.

Oh brother.

:rolleyes:

Looks like we're going to have to invade New Zealand and nationbuild it, too.

:huh:

Is there no corner of this ungrateful planet that we don't have to bomb into stopping with its question-posing and simply on-getting with their subservient duty of thanking us?

LOL

Sorry m'lord

(quietly shrinks away tugging his forelock and bowing deeply)

Picked up a positon in [email protected] gonna be little lottery oil play.

Been really buisy latley, just got back from the LSU Florida football game. Baton Rouge was nice college atompshere, but I cant say the same for New Orleans. Felt uncomfortable most of the time, town is still stagnant. Wanted some cajun food, got it, and left. Probably wont return.

Go Gators

Archived