• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- U.S. Reps. Ron Paul, R-Texas, and Alan Grayson, D-Fla., plan to send Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd a letter calling for a delay of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's confirmation hearing, The Wall Street Journal reported late Wednesday on its Web site. Paul and Grayson reportedly argue that the central bank needs to release more information on its many bailouts before a confirmation decision is made. Confirmation is up to the Senate and not the House, so the letter may not carry much weight, according to the Journal.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ron-paul-...-wsj-2009-10-07

That's great! But wouldn't it be funnier using my current slogan? "Be prepared. Stay ahead of the herd." :lol:

It would leave the mainstream people who don't have a clue about the WSE scratching their heads, that's for sure.

I need to amp up the sarcasm. :lol:

Anybody think this has an impact tomorrow?

"Lawyers working on a $1 billion copyright lawsuit filed by Viacom against Google's YouTube may have uncovered evidence that employees of the video site were among those who uploaded unauthorized content to YouTube. "

"The facts you described could very well be the smoking gun that puts a hole through Google's case," Roger Goff, an entertainment attorney not involved in the case, told CNET News. "(If the facts are accurate), Google will have a very difficult time claiming that (its staff members) don't undermine its protection."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/06/...in5366253.shtml

"Lawyers working on a $1 billion copyright lawsuit filed by Viacom against Google's YouTube may have uncovered evidence that employees of the video site were among those who uploaded unauthorized content to YouTube. "

"The facts you described could very well be the smoking gun that puts a hole through Google's case," Roger Goff, an entertainment attorney not involved in the case, told CNET News. "(If the facts are accurate), Google will have a very difficult time claiming that (its staff members) don't undermine its protection."

Not so far. Up 2.5 bones in the AH.

Right Place, Right Time

I have held onto the top 7 of the WSE Gold Fartfolio stocks.

End result is average 30%, top winner VGZ, almost 60%!

Way to go Doc!

I'm impressed with your TA, you're just a bit conservative at times...

:D

The Undead- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, October 7, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The horror story of the never ending uptrend goes on, sowing fear and confusion among bears. Can a top not be far? Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Right Place, Right Time

I have held onto the top 7 of the WSE Gold Fartfolio stocks.

End result is average 30%, top winner VGZ, almost 60%!

Way to go Doc!

I'm impressed with your TA, you're just a bit conservative at times...

:D

Cuz' I'm a chickenshit. :lol:

Dang, this uptrend is confounding!

Gold? Don't trust it here as discussed in the report.

FWIW, I don't.

I quantify IP-related financial damages for attorneys on occasion. What matters to me in this article are the final two paragraphs:

The YouTube-Viacom suit is unlikely to go to trial before next year. Certainly, with YouTube wooing entertainment companies as it attempts to battle Hulu, Netflix, Crackle, iTunes, and other digital-video outlets, there exists the possibility that YouTube and Viacom will come to some kind of settlement.

A settlement might be anticlimatic, but could be the best for all concerned.

Like most everyone else, these two parties will likely settle.

And even if not, a final verdict and payment on this case will be years from now, so markets wouldn't sensibly discount them tomorrow in any meaningful fashion.

And as it stands, GOOG generated ~$8 billion in operating cash flows in 2008...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/cf?s=GOOG&annual

...and as of 30 June 2009, had nearly $20 billion in cash and short-term securities on its balance sheet:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=GOOG

So even a $1 billion verdict tomorrow, while miserable, would still constitute only 5% of liquid assets on hand.

Your mileage may vary....

Couple of dollar questions:

1. Is there some scenario where the falling USD is bearish for the market? It appears that if we continue to weaken in small increments, then it is bullish - wondering if we were to wake up one morning, Friday for instance, and have the USD down 3 bones whether that would be bearish or bullish?

2. This past spring, it was theorized that part of the reason the dollar rallied was due to the demand for dollars to pay counter parties or the other side to unwind many a contract. Now that many of those "toxic assets" are now held by central banks or buried deep in vaults, is it possible the demand for counter party dollars does not exist as great as it was in the spring? And as a result, the possibility of any bounce due to this factor almost non-existent?

Archived