Happy Easter Weakend

Guest yobob1

Ho Chi Minh was a CIA client...Just like Osama when the US gave him access to 3 Billion to set up MAK which later became Al Queda and Just like Saddam and just like the Shaw of Iran, The US supplied Ho Chi with a huge pile of weapons prior to the French defeat...Then they said suck dick then he said I'm not an MBA...just like all the rest of the hired puppets...

They told Saddam he would be ruler of the entire Middle East...he figured out far too late what the game really was...

precisely

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem is WE in the West think we can go into a fuedalistic Country seething with ethnic hatreds and bestow on THEM FREEDOM-well simply we can't because freedom to them is who has the biggest gun or the most hired Guns. When WE learn to mind our own business and defend our own Borders when threatened we will all be better off for it. ;)

bravo!

Strategic Stupidity:

Immediately following the attacks of 9/11, the U.S. found itself in the unusual position of receiving empathy/sympathy and support, even from its historic foes. This represented a unique opportunity to formulate a strategy that might result in US goals and objectives being more easily attained through cooperation than force.

When faced with a strategically "tone deaf" foe, particularly a bully who is known to overplay his power to his own detriment, Bin Laden knew full well what the US response would be to his attacks...in fact, he was counting on Bush puffing up his chest and doing what any wild west cowboy would do.

Whever you choose to respond to your opponent precisely as they expect you to respond, they are already one step ahead of you, awaiting your response. Wisdom dictates responding in a way contrary to your opponent's expectations, and gaining the tactical advantage for future moves by putting your opponent off his stride.

Bin Laden "baited" the US into a war based on his strategy and his vision...to draw the forces of the US away from their shores into an area with no protected borders, to frame the war of good vs. evil - on his terms.

The enemies of the US need only examine this example to determine that our strength is also our weakness. As has been proven again in Iraq, baiting the US into a strategically tone-deaf, ham-handed military response (behaving as predictably as one might expect) is having tragic consequences.

"OK, so here's the plan...kill a few Americans in a high profile and awful way with the cameras rolling, spend the next few days laying the trap for their arrival, force them to kill a bunch of innocents, ensure that Al Jazeera's cameras have access to the carnage, cut them off from their supply lines and slaughter them in our neighborhoods."

How easy is this?

"When the four Americans were murdered, almost all Iraqis were horrified, and understood that the reaction must be strong," said Iraqi journalist Dhrgam Mohammed Ali, referring to the killing March 31 of four private security guards whose bodies were then mutilated, dragged through Fallujah and hung from a bridge. "But now, we see women and children dying, trying to escape and not being allowed to, and many stop remembering the dead Americans. Instead, they wonder why four dead Americans are worth so much, while hundreds of dead Iraqis are worth so little."

http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Apr/04112004/nation_w/156081.asp

word

When I delete something, when an explanation is warranted, I send one via the board's PM system.

However, when I make a polite request, and that is ignored, then I have to take additional measures.

Some of you have been going a little overboard here. There are, and have to be limits. I'd like you to take a deep breath and calm down before posting if you are feeling angry and hostile. A very few of you have been posting things that have been really way off the deep end. I'd appreciate the discussion being kept on a more thoughtful level.

In case you haven't realized it, this board is a business. I make my living from it, and the subscriptions I sell to those who care to subscribe to my services. When I feel the discussion is not consistent with those purposes I will take steps to move things back in the direction I want them to go. I give a lot of leeway, but some people have recently been especially hellbent on posting things that do not serve any purpose other than to inflame and incite.

Therefore, I am compelled to remind everyone that a minimum of decorum is essential. If I find something grossly offensive I will delete it.

I don't think calling the POTUS insane is either thoughtful, or useful, in any way. I don't think wishing harm to anyone is of any use whatsoever. It goes absolutely against the core of what I believe as a humanist. regardless of how you feel about our government and central bankers, actively wishing harm to anyone has no place on a message board whose purpose is to discuss the market and the economy, and especially on this one. As much as I believe in criticism of institutions and those who lead them, actively calling for people to be destroyed is inexcusable. I will not allow it here.

If you want to discuss politics, world affairs, whatever, on this thread, that's fine. That's what this thread is for.

But if you do things that step over the line of common decency, that is just not something I am going to allow.

North Korea says standoff with US at "brink of nuclear war"

SEOUL (AFP) - North Korea said Friday the standoff over its atomic ambitions was on the brink of nuclear war as US Vice President Dick Cheney headed to the region for talks with key Asian allies.

The Stalinist state's official news agency accused Washington of "driving the military situation on the Korean peninsula to the brink of a nuclear war" with plans for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.

Cheney is expected in Tokyo on Saturday on the first leg of an Asian tour that also takes him to China and South Korea.

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/040410/afp/0404...acificnews.html

I thought Elect. Manu. had turned the corner and was improving?

STOCKHOLM, April 11 (Reuters) - Flextronics International (nasdaq: FLEX - news - people), the Singapore-based electronics contract manufacturer, will lay off 350 employees in Sweden or 7 percent of its workforce in the country, Swedish TT news agency reported on Sunday

http://www.forbes.com/technology/newswire/...rtr1328554.html

...Why its content was that offensive, excapes me...

HiHat - don't take it so bad if you get deleted once in a while man. I have been deleted on the stool a few times. Consider it a badge of honor in a way. Last week I got evicted from the sucky democrat underground forum for suggesting that Kerry will lose - they won't let me post there anymore. Talk about thin skin.

Doc has a business to run and if we trash this place too much we put him in a tough spot. Maybe there is another way to word your thoughts to avoid his delete key.

I thought Elect. Manu. had turned the corner and was improving?

STOCKHOLM, April 11 (Reuters) - Flextronics International (nasdaq: FLEX - news - people), the Singapore-based electronics contract manufacturer, will lay off 350 employees in Sweden or 7 percent of its workforce in the country, Swedish TT news agency reported on Sunday

http://www.forbes.com/technology/newswire/...rtr1328554.html

Sled - Flextronics are just board stuffers. Ericsson and the like give them PCB design with components required. No reason why it needs to be done in Sweden which is a FExpensive place anyhow.

Flex business model used to be to buy out the manufacturing arms of OEMs together with emploeyees. They keep the business and some time down the road, close down high cost factories but keeping the business.

OEM don't really worry too much as their ex-employees are no longer on their payroll.

Archived