Monday 5/24/04

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be happy and keep buying.

No need for Americans to have jobs.

8:27am 05/24/04 Alcoa in deal to build $1B smelter in Trinidad By Michael Baron

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Alcoa (AA) reached an agreement with the government of Trinidad and Tobago to build an aluminum smelter with an annual capacity of at least 250,000 metric tons in Trinidad. The Pittsburgh-based Dow component expects the project to cost more than $1 billion. Alcoa will hold at least a 60 percent stake in the smelter with the government holding the remainder. Alcoa plans to take a lead role in the management and operation of the smelter, and it will have a right to 60 percent of the metal produced with the government getting the remainder. The company expects the smelter to directly employ 575 people upon completion. The stock closed Friday at $29.48, up 18 cents.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder...teid=aolpf&mp=1

When was the last time an American Company gave OUR goverment 40% of production.

OUR COMPANIES are giving away OUR wealth to some other goverment.

Give me a break.

But good news. The CEO should get at least $20,000,000 bonus, if not $150,000,000

This is bullshit.

Aluminum is very energy intensive, thats why bauxite has been shipped to cheap energy supply areas of the world.

I was wondering if download times are somehow being affected by the waterlogged states.? However it seems to be certain sites more than others.? I'm finding Yahoo to be virtually inaccessible this morning.

Ditto re Yahoo Madame WH

Mine's working again now.

Seems to be fluctuating..

I am watching as I smelt this coming last night. That jam on the open of the night session was to obvious.

I am getting very close to walking away from this crap.

Never has the market been as manipulated and massaged as the last few months. Starting to think they can hold this pigshite up througn the November elections. If I dont quit trading altogether, I will be toning things down in a substantial way.

UAL RAISES FUEL-COST ESTIMATE

United Airlines' parent expects to spend $750 million more on fuel in 2004 than it projected six months ago, reflecting the swift rise in energy prices that is threatening the nascent recovery of U.S. airline industry.

Dow Jones Newswires

LLD: Either I am extremely naive or I have alzheimers. But, I do remember a time when stocks were stocks. A time when the freaking stock mkt was not a the national pasttime, a time when folks treated the mkt as an asset class. A time when questions of value were raised. All I can conclude is that we are very close to the end, and the matrix is jamming in hopes to keep the gig going?

FedEx Freight Announces General Rate Increase

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2004--FedEx Freight (NYSE:FDX) will implement a 5.9 percent general rate increase effective June 14, 2004. The increase will apply to interstate and intrastate traffic, and selected shipments between the United States and Mexico and Canada. Various additional adjustments will include select minimum and accessorial charges as well as some select lanes and service areas.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...262&newsLang=en

LLD: Either I am extremely naive or I have alzheimers. But, I do remember a time when stocks were stocks. A time when the freaking stock mkt was not a the national pasttime, a time when folks treated the mkt as an asset class. A time when questions of value were raised. All I can conclude is that we are very close to the end, and the matrix is jamming in hopes to keep the gig going?

Soup....Aman,Bro. :(

Archived