Sudden Recoil

From the ramblings of a mad man today. (Jim Cramer)

"Or Amazon, which, no one doubts is finally becoming the online Wal-Mart."

http://www.thestreet.com/p/rmoney/jamesjcr...r/10071539.html

Is that Sam Walton I hear turning over in his grave?

Cramer is way beyond just being a Wall St. shill and tout.

His mission in life seems to be to bring financial ruin to

as many naively trusting people as possible.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we are in a secular bear. I subscribe to the general philosophy of the board regarding the wildly overvalued equity markets, the games the house plays that have nothing to do with fair value or investing and the overall corruptness of the federal system governing it. That being said, I will and have gone long when the risk/reward seems better for me tp do it. Since becoming a member I have done it three times of relatively short duration. I do what I do which is intermediate trend trading. What anyone else does is their perogative. My only concern is when they seem to be suffering in their style regularly.

I say all this because I would be very intimidated regarding posting anything about my trading if I were worried about someone telling me what I was doing was "wrong." Or, if I went long, I am bad. Yada, Yada Yada. I would probably leave the board if people did that.

To be intolerant of anyone ever going long would make this board no different than crapvision. It would just be the yang to their ying.

The bottom line is are you making money and staying sane.

On a lighter note:

Just got home and watched Oyster on tape. Emma is so hot, the way she puckers her lips when she talks or smiles...the possibilities. Oyster -well done! So how's Emma in person? Not that it's any of my business, but stoolish minds wonder.

On a serious note:

Mark, do what makes you happy and f*ck the rest. I've really enjoyed your column and can ccompletely relate to how you feel. This market has sucked the long and short blood right out of all us, whether you make coin or not. (Well maybe not Pile or brian4 :D ) I've been short from 18 months ago and have short positions with big gains that I have occasionally traded against when the bounces came. About 3 months ago I sold a business interest and for the first time could watch the tape daily while trading some st positions. Even a relative newcomer to watching the action can see the bullsh*t manipulation. Unless the hedge hogs credit dries up or they get popped for inside stuff and; therefore, discredited I don't know how you overcome their influence. Looks like your take may be- can't beat them, join them. Thanks for everything you've contributed to this site. Good luck.

The next 2-3 weeks should tell the tale..I'm holding my st shorts for now, all lt shorts stay on until they die or the next bull market starts. I might box them on the next intraday moonshot and then sell the hedge on the next down day and repeat as necessary until the dam breaks, or Doc crapitulates.

Have a great weekend Stoolies!

BW

You are right LOU-quite a week. MARK-I don't of anyone on this board who would give a whit wether you go long the odd time or not. Hell most of us are long GOLD and from time to time if I see an opportunity long I take it. Sure we are all Bears but human too (most of us!). So don't get in a funk or Lurk do what you do BEST-keep entertaining and provoking. I lost a good friend off this board awhile back who apparently got his knuckles rapped for some bullish thoughts and decided he didn't need the aggravation-so he left. We have a special place here and we do need some regulation re fights, cat calling, crossing the line etc. but freedom of expression re the markets we do not need. I am still 100% short stop now 857-we are awfully close to a huge move which I believe will be down-even IF I and others are stopped out it won't be for long this great and historical bubble will end only with a huge bang followed by a long drawn out whimper. Trade Safe!

You are right LOU-quite a week.  MARK-I don't of anyone on this board who would give a whit wether you go long the odd time or not.  Hell most of us are long GOLD and from time to time if I see an opportunity long I take it.  Sure we are all Bears but human too (most of us!).  So don't get in a funk or Lurk do what you do BEST-keep entertaining and provoking.  I lost a good friend off this board awhile back who apparently got his knuckles rapped for some bullish thoughts and decided he didn't need the aggravation-so he left.  We have a special place here and we do need some regulation re fights, cat calling, crossing the line etc. but freedom of expression re the markets we do not need.  I am still 100% short stop now 857-we are awfully close to a huge move which I believe will be down-even IF I and others are stopped out it won't be for long this great and historical bubble will end only with a huge bang followed by a long drawn out whimper.  Trade Safe!

Doc posted on IDS regreting his blast about site content. Brian, you are absolutely correct about freedom of expression, without it ,this site will become too inbred. Capitalstool is a great place, but you can't stifle the intellectual content without diminishing it. I know that is exactly what Doc has NOT intended here.

Besides, everybody can have a bad day, even Doc..

Stoolies rule!

BW

I don't know about y'all, but recent upmoves in this market just "feel" mighty contrived and artificial. Maybe I interpret everything through bear colored lenses, but I wouldn't be very comfortable trying to profit long from any of these up moves lately. Be flat, or hold short for the intermediate move, those are the only two sane choices in my view for any time period longer than 10 minutes.

Mark, I really don't think Doc meant to influence the content of M2M in any way. He was just frustrated and vented. If you find a way to consistently make money gaming this POS long, by all means write about it.

With that said, I enjoy reading M2M every day. I think it's informative AND funny. But if Mark thinks the quality of M2M would somehow improve if he wrote less frequently, then by all means I'd rather read 2 "excellent" M2M's a week than 5 "half assed" ones. But on the record, M2M is a blast just the way it is.

Mark, I do miss your "special" series type deals, like when you did book reviews over several M2M's. Also, your translations of the big WSJ pieces are always priceless. Just some grist for the mill.

BW

Just got home and watched Oyster on tape. Emma is so hot, the way she puckers her lips when she talks or smiles...the possibilities. Oyster -well done! So how's Emma in person? Not that it's any of my business, but stoolish minds wonder

That was LOL funny! :D The possibilities...indeed. The possibilities.

FWIW I am Looooong on gold and don't care about the rest. Well, actually I will throw the occaisional finger at the screen whent he manipstoolators are out doing their NY thing to my favorite metal but I have complete faith in the LT trend.

Now if I had the same faith in my LT goobermint....

Contrived and Artificial. I totally agree 27. That is the most frustrating and demoralizing part of it for me. The big boyz are serious about shaking out the weaker shorts before they let it go.

RED ALERT

Quick, turn on Public Television and see Nightly Business Report.

Their "Guest Market Monitor" is going to explain why the market is in for a big selloff.

If you miss it, they always post the entire transcript and a streaming video of the monitor interview on their web site the following day.

Contrived and Artificial. I totally agree 27. That is the most frustrating and demoralizing part of it for me. The big boyz are serious about shaking out the weaker shorts before they let it go.

Just what makes you think that they will "let it go"? It would seem that they would want to keep the paper asset scam going as long as possible just letting a little air out of the bubble at a time. A dive off the high board is just not going to be permitted.

Ha ha, you'll want to see that Nightly Business Report interview with Derwood Chase of Charlottesville, Virginia.

He sounded like a Stoolie. Says the S'n'Pee is still valued more highly than the pre-crash markets of '29 and '74. Needs to have a big plunge to set up a real recovery.

His mutual fund was the #1 (pardon the expression) growth fund last year. He was 15-20% in cash.

Thinks Sallie Mae is "fully valued" here when Paul Kangas asked him if he would still recommend it, as he did the last time he was on the show. His hesitation before he answered spoke volumes. Obviously they're dumping it like mad.

Current recommendations: Anadarko Petroleum (APC), a Canadian energy company called Suncor (?????) which can increase its output by 12%. Also touted International Gaming Technology, maker of slot machines.

RED ALERT

Quick, turn on Public Television and see Nightly Business Report.

Their "Guest Market Monitor" is going to explain why the market is in for a big selloff.

Well, I must say, that man just gave the most powerful argument I have ever, ever heard. I am all tingly....

Say, Drano....Are you related to Tom Ridge? :D

Colonel you might be right. It just seems, amongst other things, that a lot of energy (i.e., feed) has been expended to pretty much keep the overall market in the same tight range for months. The SPEE is still running an overall p/e of 35 and the Naz is higher. There is an old saying, "Ebays don't grow to in the sky."

Archived