Stretched Out Again

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HRFF is gonna kill off some more tonight FUR shurrrre w anUDDER bottle of his newly discovered FAVORITE BEER OF ALL TIME!!!

FURrrrrrrom JAMAICA: "Red Stripe"

Mr. Bare, sir:

Ever tried Old Frothingslosh? "the Pale Stale Ale--so light the foam is on the bottom."

Red stripe is not a bad beer. St. Paulie is far better though and Nobody can touch Bass Ale or Guiness. IMHO.

TPINX.

This is not a reco. I have no Idea what i'm doing.

The dollar is crashing and stocks are rallying. So what's the big deal.

You are not taking into account the Elventieth Precept of Stock Procotology:

Equity investors are always the last to figure it out. In fact they never do. They just keep buying until the cash runs out.

So, we wait.

Guest BEARDRECH
mmMMM

P  E  T  A

People

Eating

Tasty

Animals

here's an eerie treatmernt of the Chicago stock yards during the 68 convention--by Norman Mailer "Miami and the seige of Chicago

.........the railroad siding of the stockyards were at night as empty as the moon. Long before the democrat convention of 1968 came to the Chicago Amphitheatre, indeed eighteen years ago when this reporter ahd paid his only previous visit, the area was even then deserted at night,empty as the mudholes on a battlefield after a war had passed. West of the Amphitheatre, railroad sidings seemed to continue on for miles,accompanied by those same massive low sheds alrger than armories, with pens of tens of thousands of frantic beasts, cattle, sheep, and pigs, animals in an orgy of gorging and dropping and waiting and smelling blood.....

The animals passed a psychic current back along the overhead trolley--each cut throat released its screams of death into the throat not yet cutand just behind, and that penultimate throat would push the voltage up, drive the current back and further back into the screams of every animal upside down and hanging from that overhead trolley, bare electric bulbs screaming into the animal eye and brain, gurglings and awsome hollows of sound coming back from the open plumbing of the cut jugular as if death indeed were some underground rapids along some underground river, and the fear and absolute anguish of beasts dying upside down further ahead passed back along the line, back all the way to the corrals and pens, back even to the siding with the animals still in boxcars, back,who knew-- so high might be the psychic voltage of the beast--back to the farm where first they were pushed into the truck which would take them to the train.....

Well,the smell of the entrails and all that agonized blood by all the outer neons of ultimate fear got right into the grit of that stockyard stench...

norman mailer

p.s. if you want something even more vivid read Rudyard Kipling's description of his visit there --a more vivid 20th century metaphor cant be found and then theres the classic "the Jungle" by Upton Sinclair which i read while gainfully employed ther years ago--\

"One leg off step aside --

bdrech :ph34r: :ph34r: :(

no no no im not a vegetarian

Guest BEARDRECH
when some of us were young there was a comic strip in the papers "Lil' Abner", a character created near the end of the strips run was the schmoo. On a trip to memory lane...

Schmoo one page site

pic from site

LA14bg.gif

is this a metaphorical reference to the "Shmoople?"--do you remember Al Capps,artificial leg--and his TV appearances where he began to refer to the Political left in very unflattering terms and the delight the left expressed when he wa s accused of statutory rape; and also how fearless fosdick resembled a slice of swiss cheese with all those bullet holes in him--and those Daisy May imitators??? Incredible

Along with Arthur Godfrey I could never understand the universal attraction these two created--

:P :unsure: :unsure:bdrech

Guest AssMaster

...Avoid the pain.

Buy gold stocks, and participate in the new inflation storm coming near you.

Its a bull market in all stocks, thanks to hyperinflation. ?Might as well pick the sector most undervalued, and primed to move the fastest.

Mark- if you believe that Greenspan and company can manipulate the equity markets, they should be able to make the price of gold do cartwheels. And there's no doubt in my mind they can make the miners collapse at will. Seems to me you've just increased your risk with your new strategy. :blink:

That's why my favorite long position is other commodities via AGF Managed Futures (Canuckistan)- the fed can't hoard and dump FCOJ, Wheat, Soybeans, etc. So far I'm up 20% ytd on it... too bad I'm also dong miners via funds- good stuff, but just treading water this ytd.

I looked at the chart of AGF Managed Futures and, if I rcall correctly, it looked like it was up during seasonally positive time of year and negative the rest of the year.

Since gold started the year at a high point, it may end the year on a low point - all within a secular uptrend. So for this year, gold and the miners may end where they started. Bull market over? It all depends on your timeframe.

Guest AssMaster

Perhaps, with the dollar down, US stocks seem like particularly good bargains. For those who believe the dollar will rebound versus their own currency, the currency gain might mitigate the risk of loss on the stocks?

Guest BEARDRECH
I just got this email, and since the guy sounded like he had a real problem, I thought you might like to help out.

Subject: FAVOUR REQUESTED.

I am Mr.Tutuma Welemoh the son of Mr.Welemoh Nguta who was assassinated on

the 15th of September 2002 by sponsored assasins by the Governemnt of my

country Zimbabwe because of his vehement oppossition and criticism of the

land reform in my country aimed at completely depriving the white farmers of

their lands of decades. He was a strong critic of Mugabe's land reform

policies. Shortly before his assassination, he mobilised black farmers to

rise up against hunger by persuading the Government to return ceased land

to the white and few black farmers a group that my father belong.

My father had plans to extablish in the outskirt of Harare my country's

capital, a mini fertilizer company but the dream was twarted by his

assasination. My mother and I made our way out of the country when it became

obvious that Mugabe was hell bent on extinguishing my family. We are however

seeking asylum here in the Netherlands where my father deposited our life

saving of Six million,Five Hundred United States Dollars($6.5million) the

funds he wanted to use for the Fertilizer company with a private security

company when he discovered that Zimbabwe was becoming increasingly unsafe

for any business.

He deposited this funds as "Family Valuable" for fears not to be tampered

with. Being the only son of my family, I am under pressure by my mother to

seek for a partner who will assist us to get this funds released from the

security company and subsequently, assist us in investing our remaing share

of the funds in a viable business most especially, in real estates

and properties. We cannot do this on our own because of restriction on

asylum seekers regarding financial transactions and more so that we are not

acquainted with business opportunities in Europe here and else where. My

mother is however not in support of disclosing the amount until it is

comfirmed that you are willing to assist us but I have no choice but to tell

you to keep you abreast of the whole assistance required of you.

It should be noted therefore, that we are willing to give out 20% of this

funds for assisting us in this and 5% will be for expenses which will

include Telephone calls Air fare ticket and other expenses which could be

accounted for in assisting us. The stated amount you will see phisically if

all the documents are taken care of and you come down to the Netherlands

here so that we can meet and get to know each other. I will be grateful if

you will come down to the Netherlands here on the appointment of the

security company and we will open a non residence account(s) through which

the funds will be transfered to your other accounts else where so as not to

arouse any suspicion.

You should also be informed that this deposit is not linked to any

illegality of any sort as I have in my possession, all the documents of

tittle to the deposit and that the funds was realised from our farm works

over the years before my father's demise.

I will like to mention at this juncture that we will be glad if this

correspondence is treated confidentially, this is because of the fact that

we do not have any thing left in our entire lives and so we are careful and

jealously gaurding against someone that might course us pains or cost us to

loss the funds. Endeavour to give me your confidential Telephone and Fax

numbers for further clarifications and communications through this e-mail

address as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you soonest and praying that God should

continue to bless you for considering our plight and making efforts to

assisting us.

Sincerely yours,

Tutuma Welemoh

Here are the headers

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Received: from netscape748.com (node-c-106d.a2000.nl [62.194.16.109])

by florida-business-data.com (8.12.9/8.11.2) with SMTP id h4BJ7fkm023612

for <[email protected]>; Sun, 11 May 2003 15:07:42 -0400 (EDT)

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

To: [email protected]

Reply-To: [email protected]

I know you would all like to help out this poor gentleman. Sounds a like a great business opportunity.

I wrote back to him and gave him this phone number. Please call 202-324-3000.

It's the FBI. I told him to ask for Special Agent Orange.

tutuma sahib

Thank you for ther kind offer -- but inas much as im unable to go to the netherlands perhaps you can borrow a few bucks from the old lady and wing your way west to the gay and festive metropolis,Chicago--

After deplaning take a cab to 16th and millard on the west side --you'll know your in the right place because the 40 watt lightbulbs illuminate nothing but theselves --ask for me Sinbad;I'm about 6 foot ten and weigh close to 4oo pounds in my stockinged hooves--my fingers resemble oscar meyer hot dogs and my wrists are probably as big as your thighs--please disregard the shiny switchblade in my hand ; you see im so busy opening letters like yours i havent time to holster the darn thing--

Meet me at the Crown Propeller Lounge where i bounce people half time--and am on a retainer by the local osteopathic fraterinity to whom i throw a patient or two after straightening out therir spinal columns--

Then lets you and i go out and enjoy the romantic starless midnight sky

Yours truly and sincerely yearning to partner with you Sinbad

Oh one thing further when i put my hands around your throat please dont offend the innocent citizenry by crying out loud--dont be a boor by blaspheming certain almost saacre rituals-- simply remain calm and enjoy--till we meet my brother

:P :P :P :P :P bdrech

QUOTE (FeedFool @ May 11 2003, 01:46 PM

[url="http://www.safehaven.com/MidWeek/050803.htm")

The other major driving force behind the current market rally is a good old fashion short squeeze.? While some market participants scoff at bears that blame short squeezes for market rallies, the truth is in the pudding.? Part of monitoring market activity, we closely watch how popular short stocks are trading.? To facilitate this, I monitor a basket of about 75 stocks that have high short interest.? It combines 25 large cap, medium cap and small capitalization stocks that have a large portion of their shares sold short.? This ?index? has rallied more than 35% since the lows set in March, and more than 17% since mid-April.?? This is more than twice the gain in the S&P 500 Index and well ahead of the gain in NASDAQ. The table below details some of the most egregious examples.[/url]

FeedFool--

I don't doubt that short squeezes have contributed to the runups we've seen, but the prudentbear article doesn't say whether the short interest ratio listed is current, or what it was on Mar 11. In other words, were the short interest ratios the cause of the runups in those stocks or the market's reaction to those runups?

Now,if I didn't know better,that sounds like official goomint

interference in the commodity futures market which is rather,

ahem,unethical.

Indeed. We have to decide whether the possibility that the US gov will more or less nationalize the North Ameriacan and Middle Eastern energy production is priced into the commodities, explorers and producers.

The dollar is crashing and stocks are rallying. ?So what's the big deal.

You are not taking into account the Elventieth Precept of Stock Procotology:

Equity investors are always the last to figure it out. In fact they never do. They just keep buying until the cash runs out.

So, we wait.

From Leavitt Bros, I am reading the following tonight:

..... The VIX is borderline useless in our opinion. Too many idiot traders use it, and it has therefore lost its effectiveness....

..... With regard to the dollar: ... The markets have been rallying for two months and the US Dollar has been falling?hmmm. To be honest we really don?t care. Let the economists figure it out.

To which I say in return: .... hmmmm. I'm more inclined to go with Doc's skepticism than such complacency. Puhleeze! If I don't understand what's going on, I should just ignore it? ROFL. <_< <_<

FWIW, I think I have finally managed to post my chart of the spx & its relative vix from 1995 to the present. This inverse relationship has worked for a long time. It is working now and it will work in the future, in spite of what internet newsletter writers may claim.

Rather than concluding that the indicators are no longer working, I will stand by my opinion that a number of indicators are screaming danger.

As Ryan Henry wrote this weekend, "But by no measure is this rally long for the world... and remember that extreme readings never have and never will go away until price action corrects them."

MWH

Archived