B4 The Bell Thursday July 14

Hear the Rumor on Cheney? Capital Buzzes, Denials Aside

BY ELISABETH BUMILLER

Published: July 15, 2004

WASHINGTON, July 14 - In the annals of Washington conspiracy theories, the latest one, about Vice President Dick Cheney's future on the Republican ticket, is as ingenious as it is far-fetched. But that has not stopped it from racing through Republican and Democratic circles like the latest low-carb diet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/15/politics...ign/15vice.html

Cheney Insists He Will Run with Bush

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Dick Cheney on Wednesday sought to dispel any suggestion that he might not run for re-election with President Bush in November, saying, "He's made his decision. I've made mine."

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long Knives Out For Cheney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commentary by Egbert F. Bhatty

July 14, 2004

Last week, the presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Senator John Kerry picked Senator John Edwards to be his Vice President. That evening the former New York Senator Alfonse D?Amato called for Vice President Dick Cheney to be removed from President Bush?s 2004 ticket.

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_9545.shtml

Yobob1 said:

I read all of the posts of stoolies ready to abandon ship and I am disheartened.  I still believe this country can be salvaged but as you say it will take some pretty tough times to reach the point where meaningful change can occur and then just what that change might be will be subject to the opportunities of the moment and who chooses to exploit them.

Personally I'd like to see the USA downsized and new alignments made with areas of compatible goals and issues brought together with geographic common sense.  I am tired of some group of assholes living 3,000 miles away deciding what's best for the people living here.  I still like the idea of BC and Alberta joined to some of the western states(definitely excluding California) and forming a new country.  Maybe we can convince Mexico to take California off our hands since half their citizens already live there.

Running has two directions: Running away from and running toward.

That's a very important consideration when one considers making a change.

After I posted that I had thoughts of "leaving my beloved country," I thought

long and hard last night about my own ideas and those of other posters.

Even when times got tough, I have never in my life been a quitter.

If we have to save our nation from imperialist assholes, then I will fight.

But it would be unwise if I did not do an "alternatives analysis."

I didn't mean to dishearten anybody.

Sherlock

Senate Scuttles Gay Marriage Amendment

"Four million religious conservative voters sat out the last election, so the president's visible stance on protecting marriage is essential to turning out all of those conservative voters who pulled the lever for him in 2000 and getting those other 4 million to come out for him this year," said Keith Appell, a conservative strategist in Washington.

"We now know which senators are for traditional marriage and which ones are not, and by November, so will voters in every state," promised Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, which supports the amendment. He said nine states are poised to have state constitutional amendments on their ballots this fall on marriage, adding, "This fight has just begun."

Well, as long as this nonsense, bull schitt, still exists, how in hell can there be any hope for resolution of any magnitude.

Freedom & equality for one, freedom & equality for all. No picking, no choosing.

This country needs to get the hell over it and get the hell off of it & quit this damn right or wrong racket.

America & Canada merge,... and what would we call that? Not that I don't like the idea & believe it could work, but I seriously doubt it in my lifetime.

America & Canada merge,... and what would we call that? Not that I don't like the idea & believe it could work, but I seriously doubt it in my lifetime.

Your right Rock, it would work.....for one of the two. And no name change required.....I think one of the two names would probably stick. Gargantuan shadow corporate takeover without the usual m/o of blood and bullets.

I would be in Australia the next morning.....I'm seriously considering a premptive manouver.

:mellow:

whatdahell isamadda wit me ? :blink: :huh:

Doc is currently right about debt inflationary slowdown...

Fact...

The monetary system is a fractionally reserved debt backing debt system...

Fact...

In such a system the medium of exchange also called MONEY is composed almost entirely of debt.

Debt is money, liquidity is debt...

The blue line (Debt growth rate) in the chart below must recover and eventually move straight up forever or "the Hypertiger scenario" will happen (Hyperdeflationary implosion of a debt backed by debt system)

This top we are in is being caused by a slight slow down...

"Forever" folks or civilization as you currently comprehend it will cease to function...

Note how much debt is growing in relation to GDP...

post-20-1089866373.gif

The above chart is from 1972...

Here is the one from 1952 to 1972

post-18-1088970895.gif

The whole thing combined...Toppy...

post-18-1088971309.gif

Folks...It is going to rocket to the basement at some point...I don't know exactally when but soon...It will make all other economic problems you have ever experianced in your lives look like the mickey mouse club...It will be greater then the debt deflationary collapse which lead to the Great Depression...

Archived