The Post Op Transexual

Igor!!!

Yetttthhh, mASS(_)_)TURD?

Igor, your mASS(_)_)ter (you have a VERY BIG PROBLEM with your ENUNCIATION, Igor!) wants you to investigate TwoScrews again.

Yetttthhh, mASS(_)_)TURD.

It seems his AVATAR has gone AWOL/walkabout, Igor!

Yetttthhh, mASS(_)_)TURD!

Igor, check out WHY. Perhaps TwoScrews is having a MIDLIFE IDENTITY CRISIS!!!

Yetttthhh, mASS(_)_)TURD!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
with the increasing comparisons to Weimar Germany, I found this of interest...perhaps a century from now, the lawyers will be arguing over 10-yr T-bills... :lol:

------------

Now the bonds cast their magical spell on speculators and soldiers of fortune, and for a good reason: The loans have to be repaid in "gold coins from the United States, with the standard weight and fineness applicable and valid on Oct. 15, 1924."

According to well-versed lawyers and financial mathematicians, a $1,000 bond from those days would be worth $840,000 today -- largely due to the interest accumulated and the fact that the dollar was directly coupled with the gold price until 1971 (that price has literally skyrocketed since). Today, several thousand of these bonds still exist around the world.

Someday -- at least according to the calculus of their owners -- the claims will experience a renaissance. And one day, they say, payday -- their payday -- will come. In fact, if Germany had to pay back all the gold bonds still in circulation, the country would be broke.

But investors like Fulwood don't want to wait any longer: He's the first to take on Germany's Bundesbank, or central bankk, to force the government to pay up. On September 10, Fulwood filed suit in the 13th Judicial District, Hillsborough County, in Tampa, Florida.  Fulwood is demanding $382.5 million for 750 bonds.

Other bond owners are also preparing to launch legal battles. In the United States, a group of investors has formed, seeking to turn 2,000 of the old bonds into cold, hard cash. In Italy, say insiders, the grandchild of former Ethiopian emperor Haile Selassie holds 20,000 of the bonds. And a U.S-based lawyer claims to represent the heir to Japan's emperor, who allegedly owns "countless boxes filled with these bonds."

A $500 billion legal jackpot?

It is hardly surprising that American lawyers are now sniffing a huge multi-billion dollar windfall. But for Germany, the proceedings could pose a grave danger. Nominally speaking, individual repayment claims of up to $1 billion are still pending, say experts. That includes claims against the German Reich, but primarily against companies and municipalities. But taken together, these bonds could be worth around $500 billion today.

----------

half a trillion in gold.... :o

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/internatio...,330728,00.html

Amazing story! If the countries involved can''t legally avoid payment,then I would suspect that the bonds and their owners may just vanish into thin air.Poof..all gone prob solved.500 billion buys a lot of death and destruction! :ph34r:

Is it any wonder that the water companies were strong this week after we witness a "water disaster" in the making. From one day to the next there are movements going on based solely on news. Take a WSJ article on steel and china and in one day the whole sector gets spanked and then rebounds. Another day its body armor, then Amazon retail and this and that. The whole news thing is used to push and shove. Does anything but gold ever move on the news from Uncle buck?

Wyckoff resolution: Avoid all news and trade the charts.

Noland posted tonight.

After reading his year end summary, is there any question that we are in the midst of the Greatest Financial Boom of All Time??? A Global Boom of Epic Proportions? Unparalled Prosperity worldwide?

Nothing else comes close. Not the roaring 20's. Not the tech bubble.

Nothing.

"Throughout the financial markets, liquidity excess incited The Year of the Blow-off. Junk bond spreads collapsed. Emerging bond spreads collapsed. Credit spreads collapsed. Credit default swap premiums collapsed. Equity option volatilities collapsed. And especially after President Bush secured a second term, the unwind of ?bearish? bets and hedges incited virtual melt-up conditions in some sectors of the equity market and speculation throughout. M&A activity went to frothy extremes."

"And over-liquidity also can also take Credit for inspiriting The Year it Didn?t Matter. Crude prices ran to $55, it didn?t matter to bonds. Commodity markets on fire ? didn?t matter. Sinking dollar ? didn?t matter. Heightened inflationary pressures ? didn?t matter. Fed raising rates ? didn?t matter. Fannie and Freddie with major accounting irregularities ? didn?t matter. And that was the kind of year it was: major fundamental developments developed with respect to the dollar, inflation, and the integrity of our financial system but all were trumped by rampant system liquidity excess."

You guys know where the link is.

Two stocks that might be some clue to fellow stoolies:

IACI and AMZN

both are Bill Miller's top holdings that were down for the year

I bought IACI in Nov in anctipation of Miller's action, he would force

Driller to release some "positive" news to boost his performance.

He did.

I was about to purchase AMZN in antipation of the same thing, sadly,

AMZN posted its "positive" news one day earlier.

My new year resolution would be: anticipate the institutions; ignore the funnymentals, take advantage of institution's markup.

My new year's resolution:

I would like to sit and sink money into very few stocks for 2005, but it will take finding stocks like ANTP or others that can increase at least a few hundred % in a short period of time. Take ANTP for example. Buy's Dec. 7 upthrust at 13 that closes low but stays within trading range. Holds until Dec. 31 close at 49. Profit - $36 per share and 276% profit.

I'll probably screw up like usual....

I would like to sit and sink money into very few stocks for 2005, but it will take finding stocks like ANTP or others that can increase at least a few hundred % in a short period of time.  Take ANTP for example. Buy's Dec. 7 upthrust at 13 that closes low but stays within trading range. Holds until Dec. 31 close at 49. Profit - $36 per share and 276% profit.

that sounds like a sound strategy Charmin. If I could ever figure out how to recognize them -before- they gap-and-go, I'd be a happy camper! :lol:

I would like to sit and sink money into very few stocks for 2005, but it will take finding stocks like ANTP or others that can increase at least a few hundred % in a short period of time.? Take ANTP for example. Buy's Dec. 7 upthrust at 13 that closes low but stays within trading range. Holds until Dec. 31 close at 49. Profit - $36 per share and 276% profit.

that sounds like a sound strategy Charmin. If I could ever figure out how to recognize them -before- they gap-and-go, I'd be a happy camper! :lol:

Flat bases, low volume and buy the breakouts

Look at MANC and MIKR

http://stockcharts.com/candleglance?LSCP,M...RFDF,VSTY|C|B14

You know, what happened with the tsunami is not good, but I'd like to know just how much value the company stock of Uncle Buck must fall for every 100 million of new issue paper money gets created out of the blue.

"President Bush, under pressure over the pace and scale of American aid to Asian tsunami victims, abruptly raised the U.S. contribution to $350 million on Friday, 10 times the amount pledged just two days ago."

Archived