IDS World Markets Wed 3rd October 07

Well, now the Qs have had a false breakout to the downside and a false breakout to the upside.

Dem pigmens ain't taking no prisoners.

612379[/snapback]

The double-inverse Q-ball (QID) painted an exact 50% selloff from the Jul06 peak yesterday. Golf clap for Hank the Herpetologist.

Interesting to note that the Feb/Mar QID rally back to 56ish marked the exact midpoint of the decline from Jul06 to yesterday.

Curious.

post-2169-1191431513_thumb.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, now the Qs have had a false breakout to the downside and a false breakout to the upside.

612379[/snapback]

The double-inverse Q-ball (QID) painted an exact 50% selloff from the Jul06 peak yesterday. Golf clap for Hank the Herpetologist.

Interesting to note that the Feb/Mar QID rally back to 56ish marked the exact midpoint of the decline from Jul06 to yesterday.

Curious.

612384[/snapback]

I wonder what will happen to this ETF if the QQQQ ever rallies to 200 bucks.

612379[/snapback]

Curious.

612384[/snapback]

612386[/snapback]

It would go lower.

Biodrech etf IBB looks set to pop a wheelie, at least that's my bet.

612388[/snapback]

I've had an $88 target on IBB for three years. That's another 3% higher. Taken a very long time to get here.

Still long some of my biodrecks awaiting the momentous day when the IBB can say, "All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

612379[/snapback]

Curious.

612384[/snapback]

612386[/snapback]

It would go lower.

612389[/snapback]

I assume this fund is using some sort of margin or options to be 2x short the underlying instrument. At some point it will go below 0.

The breakdown in WAG signals the beginning of the unraveling of the commercial real estate bubble. This company single handedly drove that bubble at least insofar as retail corner locations. I'm actually shocked that they survived as long as they have basing triple net leases on astronomical values. But they got top dollar when they sold the leaseholds enabling them to continue the game at ever higher and higher levels thanks to ever lower cap rates.

There are going to be a hell of a lot of bagholders when this reverses.

612388[/snapback]

Yea, STEM just broke out.

612390[/snapback]

I got disgusted trying to trade the stems. Maybe everyone else has too, so it's finally time. :P TM looks like it's in a wave 4 of 5 down to me. But I don't think I'd bet that guess.

612388[/snapback]

I've had an $88 target on IBB for three years. That's another 3% higher. Taken a very long time to get here.

Still long some of my biodrecks awaiting the momentous day when the IBB can say, "All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

612392[/snapback]

Your analysis months ago got me interested in IBB being a hideyhole during a general market decline. I bought dec. 95 calls over a month back. :P I was enthralled with cheapies then, more than now. It would be a sweet gift if they are ready for their close-up.

sjff_01_img0480.jpg

Archived