IDS World Markets Fri 19th September 08

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
remember where the SPY's Max Pain was some days ago? 127

Where are the futures now?

S&P 500 1,268.20

Questions?

They stole billions from put holders, probably the finaglers who wrote those puts were naked and would be taken out if we closed below 1200.

690633[/snapback]

I thought when underlying security is far away from max pain then delta hedging causes it to go even more away from max pain.

Perhaps that happens only when it's ABOVE max pain.

OK. These are firsts.

The Fed has never before directly purchased Agencies. Until now it has been Treasuries only. 

Second, the Fed will now finance worthless ABCP purchases. This is certain debasement of the currency. Non-recourse.

Wow.

They plan on accelerating the bankrupting of the US government.

690611[/snapback]

I have been a broker and investment advisor and fund manager for 16 years...This news makes me feel there is no where safe to put your money except gold and silver......For the last 2 years I have had many clients in a Treasury only mmkt fund. With this news they are not going to keep up with inflation. Makes me want to hang my hat up. I do not feel the risk reward is favoring this business. The financial services industry is dead....

I have been a broker and investment advisor and fund  manager for 16 years...This news makes me feel there is no where safe to put your money except gold and silver......For the  last 2 years I have had many clients in a Treasury only  mmkt fund. With this news they are not going to keep up with inflation. Makes me want to hang my hat up. I do not feel the risk reward is favoring this business. The financial services industry is dead....

690639[/snapback]

Sheila Baird getting interviewed by the idiots on the floor of the NYSE just said FDIC insurance "is as good as gold."

Oh.

The effing irony.

Archived