Highest Reputation Content

#930281 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Listless leaching

Posted by zero_value on 06 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Biotechs have been consolidating below their 200DMA already and it looks like we are finally going to leave behind that support band and the 3 year B-wave channel up.  Still leading the Dow today in loss. Watching closely for them to help guide the bear downward!  Been playing BIS today as usual.

Great patience solid 10% gain on this pig since you recommended....Me thinks there are very few of us bears remaining after such insane short term "market" moves...so many lost along the way....no one but pig faced bulls left.....

#929998 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Clinical collapse

Posted by zero_value on 23 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Shorted using BIS, had one big consolidation since open and broke down!

BIS = 2X inverse IBB

Low liquidity but tracks pretty well minus the daily reset

#929997 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Clinical collapse

Posted by Jorma on 23 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

The crash seem, ah, orderly, still, it's Friday. Too bad I think we are all too old to party.

#929992 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Clinical collapse

Posted by zero_value on 23 March 2018 - 11:32 AM

I missed the train yesterday, helping my brother with some projects. Here is a chart of WTIC to ponder while we wait to see which way this breaks today.  The 14-16 collapse, a nice 5 wave down has retraced to .50 with an A-B-C up. So far it is holding here.  The XLE has diverged recently from following crude closely and has plummeted the past few weeks, it was one of the bigger losers yesterday.   

Morpheus your chart yesterday morning was very helpful creating some excellent short/re-short trades in the SP

No trades today *if* there is one more run on SP to 2650.00 will short or *if* support does not hold might jump in.

Sitting with long by default technology offset with a decent amount of SQQQ@17.50 longer term and playing with UVXY@17.50........

#929818 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by DrStool on 17 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

We could see the start of a substantial sell off Monday, probably.  (one slightly more degree of positive than maybe) :lol:

I can't help but notice the Dow is a textbook Elliott contracting triangle  The common move out is equal to the base (wave a ) and that would take us right to the upper channel trendline of the entire bull market from 2009 on monthly semi-log chart.  A non-limiting feature in this triangle indicates it has a good likelihood of going further. Each wave is in precise Fibonacci ratio to the base wave a:  b=.68a, c=.50a d=.38a.  You don't see them with such perfect fractal symmetry very often. The bad news is with a triangle in this position the complete move down can only be seen as much larger degree A, not as bearish if it were a Wave 3 with massive impulsive structure.  But first things first.  I will be using that bottom trendline of the triangle to trigger a short position trade.  I am comfortably retired and not privy to daytrading especially when the weather is nice out but sometimes I like to play the biotechs intraday when the market has got a solid intermediate trend going.  Good luck trading everyone.  I am becoming much more concerned about the escalating chaos within our White House than the markets.  I have never witnessed anything like this in my lifetime and I have lived through an awful lot of shit!

Great post! 

#929817 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by Jorma on 16 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

We could see the start of a substantial sell off Monday, probably.  (one slightly more degree of positive than maybe) :lol:

The stock market determines Trump's fate. If it falls, really falls, he is done.  If it doesn't he's in. 

The market determines all now in our age. It is our God. A false one mind  you.

#929815 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by Jorma on 16 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

There is no possible good news at this juncture. Better minds than mine may differ.

#929814 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by I_Am_Madness on 16 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Pin the week at 2750-2755.

Runaway gap down on Mondaey.

Closed at 2752.01!

Now let's get the GAP DOWN and go on Mondaey.

#929812 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by DrStool on 16 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

In French, they call this "Distribution."

#929802 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Vestigal verdigris

Posted by I_Am_Madness on 16 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

Now if that ain't one big beautiful coil !!  Bets on which way it breaks??

Great chart.  I'm watching the same thing.

Flat right now...But based on the move in early Feb, i think this triangle breaks down.

#928787 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Inevitable inertia

Posted by I_Am_Madness on 31 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Expecting sideways. 

Attached Thumbnails

• spx.jpg

#928786 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Inevitable inertia

Posted by I_Am_Madness on 31 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Not ready to fill these gaps yet?

Not yet.  It just doesn't fall off from the sky without some back testing of the highs.

This is one of the strongest move in history. 

#928586 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Burning bridges

Posted by DrStool on 22 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

The Street Dot Con had a headline that essentially called bears the dumbest bastards on earth. We're gettin close. 

#930770 World Stock Markets Trading Discussion - Leisurely lope

Posted by itiswhatitis on 09 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

In 2005 I was a bartender at a high-end restaurant.  One night I noticed that every single person at the bar was in real estate - investors, flippers, mortgage brokers, title people, agents, landscapers, etc.  At the time, I took it as a sign the top was near and a bubble was about to burst.

Fast forward... Last week, my wife and I were having a quick drink and appetizer at a higher end restaurant.  We were the only ones at the bar not connected to real estate.  

(yes, we go to many bars and are very social.  By the time we leave, my wife will have met almost everyone at the bar :unsure: )

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart