B4 the Bell, Turdsday Sept. 23, 2004

Guest yobob1

For amusement only (not a scientific survey).

Results of some recent MSNBC online polls:

Today's question:

Yesterday, 80% of you said Iraq is "out of control". Which candidate do you think can handle the situation more effectively? * 41073 responses

45% Pres. Bush

55% Sen. Kerry

Past voting results:

September 22, 2004

Do you think Iraq is growing out of control? * 345494 responses

Yes

80%

No

20%

September 21, 2004

Do you think Dan Rather should be fired for the fake documents scandal at CBS? * 111022 responses

Yes

55%

No

45%

September 20, 2004

Do you believe there is a policy that could work in Iraq or is it hopeless? * 180683 responses

Not hopeless

38%

Is hopeless

62%

September 19, 2004

Which presidential candidate has a better plan for a peace in Iraq? * 10812 responses

President George Bush

44%

Senator John Kerry

56%

September 18, 2004

Do you believe Presidential polls accurately reflect public opinion? * 9749 responses

Yes

18%

No

82%

September 17, 2004

Which presidential candidate is telling you the truth about what's going on in Iraq? * 48772 responses

Pres. Bush

51%

Sen. Kerry

49%

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Mike Sunnocks, Phoenix Business Journal:

In regard to the hunt for terror leader Osama Bin Laden,

[Teresa] Heinz Kerry said she could see the al-Qaida chief being

caught before the November election.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month,"

said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States

and allied forces before election day.

She's probably right that Osama is a creation of Bushco.

But wrong that Bushco NEEDS to defrost Osama to win.

Plan A - win a majority of votes (without cheating! :shocked )

Plan B - fiddle Florida voting machines for a Bushco win

Plan C - blow something up and call for national unity

Defrosting Osama is a distant and desperate Plan D.

He is needed as a bogeyman in the "Four More Wars" campaign.

Plan A is a ?.

Did you know that in the next two weeks there are a group of individuals going in front of members of congress claiming that they can prove that the voting machines can be manipulated as to change the vote.

Die-bold has answered the question of why not a printable receipt of your vote.

They said that a printable receipt model will be available in 2005 (after the election). :lol: :cry:

Pretty interesting that with the entire media infrastructure on his side and a total blackout of negative (real) visuals out of Iraq, Bush only enjoys a 2 point lead over Kerry for accurately portraying the truth about Iraq.

I watched a little of FOX news tonight, and I have never seen a more partisan and biased display. They make Dan Rather appear to be a disinterested third party. Zealots!

I need a shower...good night.

From Mike Sunnocks, Phoenix Business Journal:

In regard to the hunt for terror leader Osama Bin Laden,

[Teresa] Heinz Kerry said she could see the al-Qaida chief being

caught before the November election.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he appeared in the next month,"

said Heinz Kerry, alluding to a possible capture by United States

and allied forces before election day.

She's probably right that Osama is a creation of Bushco.

But wrong that Bushco NEEDS to defrost Osama to win.

Plan A - win a majority of votes (without cheating! :shocked )

Plan B - fiddle Florida voting machines for a Bushco win

Plan C - blow something up and call for national unity

Defrosting Osama is a distant and desperate Plan D.

He is needed as a bogeyman in the "Four More Wars" campaign.

Plan A is a ?.

Did you know that in the next two weeks there are a group of individuals going in fron of memebers of congress claiming that they can prove that the voting mations can be manipulated as to change the vote.

Die-bold has answered the question of why not a printable receipt of your vote.

They said that a printable receipt model will be available in 2005 (after the election). :lol: :cry:

Bush wins either way...as he would love it if the machines are found to be faulty and the election were canceled.

Keep in mind there is no netting out those derivatives.  If one party defaults the other counterparty is still liable.  Greasepan, to my memory never got his legislation to net out both sides of the transaction in the event of one party defaulting.

I think you are right, but in the case of Enron derivatives were netted out where Enron was in the middle of a valid transaction between two other parties.

It is doubtful that FNM would last long as a independent agency if things started falling apart. Letting FNM declare bankruptcy would guarantee a depression.

The fed only midly reacted to the growing GSE problem and directly, but temporarily acquired agency paper through $0.25 B in repos. Yield speards widened, but are not near panic levels - yet.

Standard & Poor's Ratings Service said it was reviewing some Fannie Mae's ratings in light of a finding of serious accounting deficiencies at the company by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, Fannie Mae's regulator.

S&P said it was reviewing Fannie's double-A-minus risk-to-government rating, subordinated-debt ratings and preferred-stock credit ratings. But it affirmed Fannie's key senior, unsecured triple-A rating. The risk-to-government rating reflects S&P assessment of Fannie without an implied federal-government backing.

In trading, yield spreads over Treasurys for Fannie's triple-A-rated benchmark debt securities were 0.03 to 0.05 percentage point wider, reflecting a perception of greater risk in holding the issues.

http://online.wsj.com/page/0,,2_0031,00.html?mod=2_0031

I have a problem with the concept that FNM has an implied government guarantee. I think even FNM supporters in Congress stated that in no case would stockholders and bondholders would be made whole in the event of a FNM failure.

I watched a little of FOX news tonight, and I have never seen a more partisan and biased display. They make Dan Rather appear to be a disinterested third party. Zealots!

On that we agree. FOX is completely useless if you are looking for unbiased truth. By far, the worst excuse for journalism of all the major networks.

copied from yapoo forum. if true is scary...and sad.

ISLE OF 26000 DISAPPEARED WITH JEANNE?

by: goldenlonggg 09/23/04 11:39 pm

Msg: 752781 of 752782

DID ISLE OF TORTUGA DISAPPEAR WITH JEANNE?

Translated from Russian language)

The storm could wash off Island of Tortuga

[21.09.2004 | 17:29]

The State Authority of Haiti, most hurt by a tropical storm "Jeanne", are afraid, that huge waves in literal sense have washed off the Tortuga island, located to the north from the basic island. United Nations helicopters made flight over that area but have seen only storming sea. The area of Tortuga is 180 square kilometers; population is made 26 000 human beings. Today helicopters of the United Nations will make repeated flight of region.

:shocked :ph34r: :cry:

I downloaded some updated MSFT software. My system is running as slow as a 286. WTFIGO? Any ideas on how to correct this?

TE.. If you dowloaded SP2 for XP, there is an automatic firewall included in the pack. THere has been lots of problems reported as a result of that firewall. Try shutting it off and see if you puter improves.. Mine did. Good luck.

Archived