Your Inner Spock

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like da boyz just want to get the doors closed with as little damage to the week-end cheerleaders and pom pom sessions as possible. Delay Delay Delay. Wait to they have to deal with weaker retail sales and higher energy costs. No more Delay. B)

I just went outside the Quarry for a moment and there are six armed (with whatever those rifles are that look like AK's but are not) soldiers outside the Quarry with a german shepard (at least he had a german accent). We have a HSBC bank in the lobby of the Quarry and they are there to guard it. I guess it had to do with the attack on the terrorist HSBC last week.

We have had these militarily equipped dudes in Philly as well, around the Mint, Constitution Center, Federal Courthouse, Federal Office Bldg since 9/11. Sometimes I run into them at gas stations and convenience stores, of all places. They have a completely different aura than "cops".

We have had these militarily equipped dudes in Philly as well, around the Mint, Constitution Center, Federal Courthouse, Federal Office Bldg since 9/11.? Sometimes I run into them at gas stations and convenience stores, of all places.? They have a completely different aura than "cops".

Oh yeah Roid. I toil three blocks from the NYSE and four from WTC site. I'm used to passing the usual crowd on my way from the subway to the Quarry but, they have never been at the Quarry! (at least not since the WTC went down.) Your definitely right. It has a whole other feel to it than when cops are around.

I originally thought they were sent over to keep us from going home early as it has been snowing hard here all day. :lol:

Just scanned some U.S. news sites -- not a peep of concern about the dollar's collapse. The Europeans are sure aware of it. And the Globe and Mail notes that the loonie's on the rise again.

Even if the dollar slide stopped here, it would feed through into consumer prices for months to come.

The total complacency about the dollar suggests it's going to take a white-knuckle crisis to wake up America. Since the U.S. doesn't (and never has) cared about the external value of its currency, the stock and bond markets are the only channels for foreign investors to send their message.

As a side note, last week there was an article in the business section of our local paper concerning currencies. The headline did not read Dollar Collapsing. It read EURO SOARS. :lol: No worry. Nothing to see here.

Archived