Kopin Tan Blackout

oh, don't FRET, Stoolies!!!

why, back in the GOOD OL' DAZE over on AOL's FEARLESS FURcASSters and even over on Crystal Ball why, when everyone? wuz GRUMPY, it often heralded a CIT! Even got to be a bit of a joke. :P

why even Mr TwoScrews let HRFF have it earlier today. :o :blink: :unsure:

Or maybe it's just that MARS is closer to Earth than it's been in 60,000 years this month.

There's a FULL MOON too, ya know.

Keep CLAM!

The BARE is lysdexic.

Which goes a 'long' way to explain his modus vivendi/outlook on life and the markets!

lolol

Oh.

HRFF has THE explanation FUR the blackout:

SUNSPOTS :D :D :D

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the....did we just lose another one? Come on people, is it the money or just the pride? I don't get it.

Before I was lurking here, some 6 months ago, I spent a long time lurking on the Longwaves board....some really advanced discussions by some very intelligent, forward thinking people discussing long term economic cycles and trends. But it eventually degenerated into childish bickering and posturing, albeit with an advanced degree vocabulary. It seems to be happening here. Too many fragile egos, too many taking their opinions too seriously.

There's so much to be learned here but the bickering is such a turn off. Kind of reminds me of my earlier relationships. Unlike those relationships, I'd hate to grow out of this board. I'd like to grow with you all.

So please stop with all the drama!

(rant off)

Whether it makes sense or not, the markets have been rising since Oct. The predicted imminent decline being continually postponed. Being "bearish" from a short-term perspective has probably been an expensive experience to quite a few "bears". I can see how tempers would fray.

Btw, how would you differentiate between an real difference of opinion and bickering and posturing. Ad hominem attacks would be one way, don't you agree.

Pee Brain,

Notice the breakout BEFORE the grid fell? hmmm?

thats very interesting indeed. good call. Take a look at SATC. look at the volume. Lots of insider buying. Im in the process of checking it out and have asked a friend to help with an entry point. Im also thinking that the CPST big gap up after hours seems to have a similiar pattern as LNUX did when the volume gap up hit it. I see the difference is that CPST might not be doneyet before it backs off to fill the gap. It seems to me that it should then send a month or so colsolidating upon topping out.

For us long term bears and Get's out alive. :)

Five to one

Yeah, c'mon, Love my girl

She lookin' good, C'mon, One more

Five to one, baby

One in five

No one here gets out alive, now

You get yours, baby

I'll get mine

Gonna make it, baby

If we try

The old get old

And the young get stronger

May take a week

And it may take longer

They got the guns

But we got the numbers

Gonna win, yeah

We're takin' over

Come on!

Yeah!

Your ballroom days are over, baby

Night is drawing near

Shadows of the evening crawl across the years

Ya walk across the floor with a flower in your hand

Trying to tell me no one understands

Trade in your hours for a handful dimes

Gonna' make it, baby, in our prime

Come together one more time

Get together one more time

Get together, aha

Get together one more time!

Get together one more time!

Get together, gotta, get together

Ohhhhhhhh!

Hey, c'mon, honey

You won't have along wait for me, baby

I'll be there in just a little while

You see, I gotta go out in this car with these people and...

Get together, got to

Get together, got to

Get together, got to

Take you up in my room and...

Hah-hah-hah-hah-hah

Love my girl

She lookin' good, lookin' real good

Love ya, c'mon

Updated glossary. Still looking for help with the definitions, especially the TA stuff.

10 Sigma event - very rare event that moves markets, like September 11th or the announcement of cold fusion

3.5 Sigma event - rare event that moves markets

AH: After hours

Al Green ; Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank, Alan Greenspan (see Uncle Al, Greenscum)

AMAT: Synonym for the economy according to wndysrf

Anals, the - Dr. Stool's famous journal of the state of the stock market

Arms Adjustable Rate Mortgages

Bagholders - investors who are left holding a fictional paper bag with shares, bonds, derivatives, etc., that are worthless. Battapaglia, Joseph

Bartiromo, Maria - proto sex goddess of the '90s stock market, shill, mouth of the financial comedy channel

Bartiromo, Maria

Bearx - conservative precious metals and short stock mutual fund run by David Tice

Bearx

Boner Run

Boner Run - an up move by one or more stocks that is almost vertical with respect to time. Need a graph to explain the analogy...

Boyz, da - aka PTB, PPT, gang of 22; basically anybody that we (unwashed masses) feel has the power to move the stock market

Boyz, da

Bradley Model

Bre X - a precious metals company where the chief engineer mysteriously jumped from a helicopter high over the ocean. A large ore finding had been announced by the company not long before. Remaining shareholders instantly became bagholders.

BSR

Cabrera, Michelle Caruso

Call

Channel Stuffing

Chartists

cmap: the numerical target for the top or bottom of any particular cycle, in advance yet.

Consolidation

Cycles

da Boyz

Dent, Harry

Divergence

Doc

doji

Dong - to buy shares in a company or mutual fund

Double Top

Dover Sole: Over Sold

down: our favorite, self-explanatory.

Dr. Stool

E-wave

Elaine Chao

Eliott Wave Theory

EWI

Expirations Week

Feed Meter

Feed

Feed O Meter

Feed Index

Fib

Fleckenstein

FNG fornicateing New Guy - from American war in SE Asia, derisitory term for new soldiers mean to be dehumanizing so that when they were inevitably killed during their first patrol the death would be less traumatic to the veteran soldiers, used ironically

FOMC Federal Open Market Committee

Gap Filling

Godl Bug

Goldminer Public Company with the main business line of extracting gold from the earth

Greenscum: Alan Greenspan

GTN

H-T Scenario see Hyper Tiger Scenario

Half short

Half long

Head and Shoulders Formation

Heat Map

Hedge Hog

Hit the Tape

HUI

Hyper Tiger Scenario

IBD Investors Business Daily

IDS Intra Day Stool, where people from Mark to Market hang out while the market is open

J6P Joe Six Pack, ordinary person believed not to have much financial acumen

Jamming

JPM JP Morgan, a large investment bank

Kopin Tan columnist for Barrons who writes their options column

Large Breasted Wonders

Liquidity

Liquidity bubble

M1

M2

M3

Mark to Market

Matrix, the

Matrix Mobsters

McClellan Oscillator

MER

Mufu - mutual funds

Naked Call

Naked Put

Naz the NASDAQ market

NDX

Neckline

Neely

NEM Newmont Mines - see goldminer

Niles, Dan aka, the Greaseman, stock anal cyst for Lehman Brothers

Noland

OEX

OEX Expiration

PM - Precious Metal, also, personal message

POG

Ponzi, Charles Early economic theorist; developer of the Ponzi "Scheme" in which out-sized investment gains are promised, and delivered for some period, by passing off fresh capital from new investors as gains on old capital. Not yet shown to be a sustainable investment vehicle.

Proctology Field of medicine involved with the study and treatment of diseases of the anus

Proctovision

Program Robots

Puplava

Put

Put Call Ratio

QQQ

Queerlogic Q Logic, a company

Refi refinance a mortgage

Reflate

Repo Blast

Riverboater

Rydex

Short to borrow shares of a company and sell them with the expectation of buying them back later for less money

shport: a support level destined to fail, thus sport for nimble short-sellers

Sinclair

SOX

SPX

Stepin Stool see Doc

Stick Save

Stool trading

Super Model

swdp: sideways down phase. Not good....means longer cycles are still pushing up while shorter duration cycles are trying to go down, thus sideways to down action. More commonly refered to as basebuilding or consolidation, and signifying more up.

swup: a cycle that is supposed to be "up" but is only displaying "sideways up" signifying lack of strength, possibly indicating longer cycles going down, limiting the up-phase of shorter cycles, and usually portending more down to come.

TA

Tape Painting

TIA: Thanks in Advance

Tice, David: see BEARX

TRIN

Triple Top

Uncle Al see Al Green

up: a cycle heading up.

VIN

VIX/VIn

VIX

Wall Struck Journal Wall Street Journal

Wave

wyndysrf

XAU

What the....did we just lose another one? Come on people, is it the money or just the pride? I don't get it.

Before I was lurking here, some 6 months ago, I spent a long time lurking on the Longwaves board....some really advanced discussions by some very intelligent, forward thinking people discussing long term economic cycles and trends. But it eventually degenerated into childish bickering and posturing, albeit with an advanced degree vocabulary. It seems to be happening here. Too many fragile egos, too many taking their opinions too seriously.

There's so much to be learned here but the bickering is such a turn off. Kind of reminds me of my earlier relationships. Unlike those relationships, I'd hate to grow out of this board. I'd like to grow with you all.

So please stop with all the drama!

(rant off)

Whether it makes sense or not, the markets have been rising since Oct. The predicted imminent decline being continually postponed. Being "bearish" from a short-term perspective has probably been an expensive experience to quite a few "bears". I can see how tempers would fray.

Btw, how would you differentiate between an real difference of opinion and bickering and posturing. Ad hominem attacks would be one way, don't you agree.

Once burned, twice shy. I blew half my trading account in June thinking the top was in. I have learned to wait for a more obvious CIT.

I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but that painful lesson does not make me bitter or hostile towards people who have their individual lessons and wisdom to share. Drama is not a necessary part of an intellectual exchange of differing opinions, IMHO.

Xau= gold index

EWI= Elliott wave international. Published by Robert Prechter

Harry Dent= a moron who thinks we will be at dow 36,000 by 2008 (as of this weekend) I call him Dent in the head.

Bradley model+ it is a timing device based on astrology or to be more precise the moon.

Doji= a candlestick chart pattern indicating a potnetial reversal

Double top= when a stock or index hits the same or very close to the same number it hit previously and then reverses direction

Dr stool.= If you don't know that you should not be here.

Are you some sort of writer for the times or the journal. It would explain alot. :grin:

Glossary,

Here are some my collection, the most "valuable" items are the first two,

"Circuit Breaker", (not for this blackout, but may be applied this coming Oct, hehehe)

Exchanges - Circuit Breakers, Curbs, and Other Trading Restrictions

http://invest-faq.com/articles/exch-circuit-brkr.html

Stock Exchanges - Circuit Breakers, Curbs, and Other Trading Restrictions

http://www.getfolio.com/learn_investing_st...akers_curbs.asp

Moneycentral market glossary

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/gloss....asp?Letter=All

Bloomberg Financial Glossary

http://www.bloomberg.com/analysis/glossary/bfglosa.htm

Yahoo Financial Glossary

http://biz.yahoo.com/f/g/g.html

Technical Analysis from A to Z

By Steven B. Achelis