Paint Buy Numbers

Financial Sense talking about Logan's Run future based on US health care play - Hour 3 part 2

http://www.financialsense.com/fsn/main.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run

You know, I was listening to them this weekend when they started getting into that, and I thought, "What a couple of total jackasses those two chuckleheads have become."

When I started following him around 2002, Poop-blah-blah was a source of contrarian insight.

Now, he's just a predictable hack, who worships at the Cult of Peak Oil the way he insists others worship at the Cult of Global Warming.

I do like his occasional guest interviews still.....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some funnymentals that seem to contradict the better than expected GDP figure

Construction Spending - Y/Y -11.6 %

Exports Y/Y -21.3 %

Imports Y/Y -31.3 %

New orders for durable goods Y/Y -26.8 %

Retail sales Y/Y -9.6%

Industrial production Y/Y - 13.6%

ATA Truck Tonnage Index Y/Y -13.2%

PORT OF LOS ANGELES Container Statistics, calender year, Y/Y -15.59%

State tax collections Y/Y -11.7% maybe -20% soon

Railroad operator CSX's shipping volume -21%

Dow Chemical Sales plunged 31%

UPS' U.S. domestic package segment, average daily volume declined 4.6 percent in the second quarter.

Also

How is such a misleading GDP report created?

The answer lies in a disturbing mixture of seasonal and hedonic adjustments, imputations and other statistical wizardry not subject to review or insight.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article12444.html

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and, a few items:

ITEM # 1:

Current Weather update. philly zone, delaware county, etc., and points east, toward AC: Sunday, Aug 02, 2009.

Very powerful storm zoomed thru, western burbs beginning around 11:00.

Blue Route under water in a few spots,

"Sure Kill Spress Way" closed near Con-sho-hock-em curve, due to 3 ft or more of water covering the roadway...

ITEM # 2:

Financial Weather update: Philly Mayor Mr. Michael Nut-ter staged a loud Public demonstration two or 3 days ago, screaming for money for "The Pee-pol," Da Children and all Poor Things. Ever notice how nobody shouts and jumps for JOBS so money can be earned, for, after all, that is so Retro, so, (dare they say it), so "ugly foundation thimking" as to be vulgar these days.

Can you still imagine an Old Tune or ditty in your hearts: the tune "Skip to my lou"

Cash for my clunk, or skip to my loo

Cash for my clunk, while I skip to my loo

Cash for my trunk while I skip to my loo

You better start paying me Now.....

you know the "or else" part, as posted Above, as a prominent "for instance: the Kail crim unions will STRIKE, not the root, but to take all the fruits of all the trees. These boys don't seem to care that the seeds of the future trees are hidden within the fruits, but with so many fruits in Kali, learning is slow, nevertheless....you know those old time Orange County Groves. Fruit trees all over the Orange.

ITEM #3:

The Safe Zone is SHRINKING. yesss, did not Mr. Duck Choney not live in the Safe Zone? Anyway,

soon, it seems, these days in America, even the Bitch-a-taw Linemen will become Cry Babies, much like the former avatar of the now disappeared TJ.

the shame of it all......Incredible Shrinking Safe Zone for you to read....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Slice-of-cen...ml?x=0&.v=6

ITEM #4:

Why can't this board become a Free Speech Zone, like "Zero Hedge" so that the truth can be presented from different standpoints or mind sets, and then revenues would go up???

the number of posts looks like the price chart of CDE, back when it was on the way to below 50 (fif-tay) cents....

merely thimking out loud.....

regards to all,

jickiss!!!!!!!

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

then, more Heart (less) Land news:

(Was this not, at one time), the land of the "freedom loving" Lincoln, the great Republican of his generation, the thinker who never met a habeus corpus he did not like to avoid, anyway, why digress?

for the record, Everyone who is genuinely trying to learn should be supported, all them stealing should be impeached or fired, but good is bad today.....

http://www.suntimes.com/news/1692503,CST-NWS-NOAID30.article

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5wcLl13a8s.swf

remember: if you don't get caught, don't worry......HooHa! indeed.

Your foreboding matches that of Robert McHugh (link). Quoth Robert:

I don't really have a view on McHuge's targets or work other than that he always seemed to be going on about Hindenburg Omens and imminent crashes in 2004-2006, and was wrong a lot.

But, I also have us in a larger corrective IV (A from 1576 to 666, B rally, C to final bear market lows).....although he has us in a higher degree IV (Grand Soopacycle), which I think is a slight contortion. Grand Soopacycles are meant to last decades to centuries.

BWTFDIK etc.

post-928-1249237843_thumb.png

I don't really have a view on McHuge's targets or work other than that he always seemed to be going on about Hindenburg Omens and imminent crashes in 2004-2006, and was wrong a lot.

But, I also have us in a larger corrective IV (A from 1576 to 666, B rally, C to final bear market lows).....although he has us in a higher degree IV (Grand Soopacycle), which I think is a slight contortion. Grand Soopacycles are meant to last decades to centuries.

BWTFDIK etc.

it appears you and i are in sync, at 1100 the media headlines should be screaming new bull market and get in before train leaves the station to new highs...bernanke and geithner will be feted as demigods for saving western civilization...pffft...

Market Update – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Sunday, August 2, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data was mixed on Friday. The biggest change was weakening in the 6-7 week cycle status numbers. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Why can't this board become a Free Speech Zone, like "Zero Hedge" so that the truth can be presented from different standpoints or mind sets, and then revenues would go up???

Because your editor prefers quality to quantity.

Some website proprietors don't care about regurgitating whatever crap and lies fit their point of view.

I do.

And that's the way it is.

I posted a list of about a half dozen bird dog ETFs which are at critical price points in today's Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition market update. How these stocks behave over the next few days could point the way for the market as a whole. I will keep you (subscribers) posted until Thursday, when I am leaving on an 11 day vacation.

I will keep you (subscribers) posted until Thursday, when I am leaving on an 11 day vacation.

...take my weather...please. Phenomenal heat wave day after day,record amount of forests burning. I have fresh air blowing in from the ocean, so it's a little bearable, but damn it's been hot, hot, hot! My local lakes have been a saviour...

Archived