B4 the Bell Mooday June 21, 2004

Guest yobob1

Window now closing we'll take it-the Pig flies on alone for a bit. As Greg remarked earlier it is indeed interesting that 990N has made the mainstream media...one has to think Future Traders are getting killed and have decided to put this stuff..out there-wouldn't it be nice if someone like Drudge picked up the ball and ran with it-wishful thinking??

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More matrix adjusting

Silver slam in progress

They have their way with any market anytime

Take delivery

I don't think that the PTB can controls markets in the long run, but in the short run daily basis they may be able to.

Silver buyers should not be buying on margin, subject to margin calls and short term manipulations.

The Fed added $4.75 billion, coming very close to the top end of the range Doc has been talking about. Since they also added strongly Friday, they are getting a wee bit worried about something (like a military confrontation?).

Further additions from here, although not immeadiately likely, will signal a change in policy or some world political event.

And like I have been saying, the Fed will raise 1/4% about the same time it accelerates the monetary base growth.

The best theory I've heard is that China is The big seller, likely hedging or simply unloading part of its reputedly massive reserves.

Window now closing we'll take it-the Pig flies on alone for a bit. As Greg remarked earlier it is indeed interesting that 990N has made the mainstream media...one has to think Future Traders are getting killed and have decided to put this stuff..out there-wouldn't it be nice if someone like Drudge picked up the ball and ran with it-wishful thinking??

Brian:

In order for the mainstream media to pick up on the story, somebody would have had to forward the original posting to the editorial desks of the mainstream market related press on the day it came out.

Now who do we know around here who would have done something like that?

;-)

As Greg remarked earlier it is indeed interesting that 990N has made the mainstream media...

GF, can you repost the link ? I must have missed it.

Thanks

I didn't. I remarked that I've been seeing a number of newsletters- financial newsletters- covering jrm's small piece on Gelber. Mostly just reproducing it verbatim.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran said Monday it had confiscated three British naval vessels and arrested eight armed crew members. The Royal Navy acknowledged it had lost contact with three small patrol boats on a routine mission in the waterway between Iraq and Iran.

Ooopsie!

Apparently some in the governmnet didn't get the "Yes, We Have No Inflation" memo!

Broadcast Indecency to Get Higher Fines

By REUTERS

Published: June 21, 2004

he Federal Communications Commission said last Friday that it would raise the maximum fine for indecent material on broadcast television and radio 18 percent to $32,500 an incident, to adjust for inflation.

Fines for indecency have been criticized as inadequate because many broadcasters take in large profits, and Congress is trying to increase the penalties.

Previously, fines for violations of federal decency standards were $27,500 an incident. Federal law calls for F.C.C. fines to be increased to account for inflation every four years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/21/business...&partner=GOOGLE

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran said Monday it had confiscated three British naval vessels and arrested eight armed crew members. The Royal Navy acknowledged it had lost contact with three small patrol boats on a routine mission in the waterway between Iraq and Iran.

Entering Iran's territorial waters is routine?

Alrighty then!

By the way, for those who may have missed it, a recent guest on Crapvision explained that we have actually been in the midst of a "SUMMER RALLY" for the past two weeks.

Was it good for you?

Ooopsie!

Apparently some in the governmnet didn't get the "Yes, We Have No Inflation" memo!

Broadcast Indecency to Get Higher Fines

By REUTERS

Published: June 21, 2004

he Federal Communications Commission said last Friday that it would raise the maximum fine for indecent material on broadcast television and radio 18 percent to $32,500 an incident, to adjust for inflation.

Fines for indecency have been criticized as inadequate because many broadcasters take in large profits, and Congress is trying to increase the penalties.

Previously, fines for violations of federal decency standards were $27,500 an incident. Federal law calls for F.C.C. fines to be increased to account for inflation every four years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/21/business...&partner=GOOGLE

what's the fine for torture?

Archived