Stool hacked but back in biz

Latest Story

An Unusual Turn of Events- Professional Edition

January 12, 2010 By Lee Adler Cycle based stock screening data weakened across the board. That’s the first time we have seen that in many weeks. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing about the GOOG news is it tarnishes the "perception" of the all is good "chiner" trade for "our" gadget companies...may not hit immediately but I phone sales supposedly suck in Chiner.....hey already stole the technology and if we say stick it....they say...so solly....we got our own................stolen from you..... since we make all your sheet for you....bye bye doo...

cap and pray....

It's not only technology. My wife works for an oil services company and mentioned a while back that China had stolen one of their drill bit designs and temporarily locked them out of their offices. Yet the company continues to do business with them - they're just a little more careful what they offer. It just sucks that sh*t like this usually comes down to a cost-benefit analysis and companies continue to do business with these a-holes. I applaud GOOG for their actions if they stick with it.

Also, I was watching the show Managing China on CNBC World (must read subtitles fast!) this morning and these guys we're all talking about how they are about to take Japan's place as the second largest world economy as they acquire their way to the worlds largest. I did not get the sense they are playing any games and are plotting and planning.

More pump ammunition fro Crapvision...why bother reporting anything anymore...

White House changes stimulus job accounting

New method will make it impossible to track ones saved or created

WASHINGTON - The White House has abandoned its controversial method of counting jobs under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus, making it impossible to track the number of jobs saved or created with the $787 billion in recovery money.

Despite mounting a vigorous defense of its earlier count of more than 640,000 jobs credited to the stimulus, even after numerous errors were identified, the Obama administration now is making it easier to give the stimulus credit for hiring. It's no longer about counting a job as saved or created; now it's a matter of counting jobs funded by the stimulus.

That means that any stimulus money used to cover payroll will be included in the jobs credited to the program, including pay raises for existing employees and pay for people who never were in jeopardy of losing their positions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34830451/ns/bu...ks_and_economy/

Any number the government publishes has to be taken with a grain of salt. We are doomed. Was thinking of moving to Brazil - good-looking, tan women and warm weather. However, after listening to the Radio Free Wallstreet podcast, Russ Winter said that the majority of the citizens there are dumb. Don't tell Suds I said that. :lol:

More pump ammunition fro Crapvision...why bother reporting anything anymore...

White House changes stimulus job accounting

New method will make it impossible to track ones saved or created

WASHINGTON - The White House has abandoned its controversial method of counting jobs under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus, making it impossible to track the number of jobs saved or created with the $787 billion in recovery money.

Deliberately done in order to hide the real truth: jobs are not being created as advertised. They won't show this chart either:

post-2460-1263355334_thumb.jpg

yep...the bullsheet keeps piling up...I'd hoped for some things to change but it's biz as usual...in some ways worse...

Even worse, the BS is becoming cumulative.

The country must purge itself with a really big, bad, stinky, foul, powerful bowel movement.

It's not only technology. My wife works for an oil services company and mentioned a while back that China had stolen one of their drill bit designs and temporarily locked them out of their offices. Yet the company continues to do business with them - they're just a little more careful what they offer. It just sucks that sh*t like this usually comes down to a cost-benefit analysis and companies continue to do business with these a-holes. I applaud GOOG for their actions if they stick with it.

Also, I was watching the show Managing China on CNBC World (must read subtitles fast!) this morning and these guys we're all talking about how they are about to take Japan's place as the second largest world economy as they acquire their way to the worlds largest. I did not get the sense they are playing any games and are plotting and planning.

Yes, I like it. It is an interesting confrontation. China is on some levels, a false front, and liable for a market knockdown. Google is also trying to repair the loyalty they lost when they entered Chiner agreeing to a level of censorship of their search engine.

Google said it will be talking with Beijing in coming weeks about how it might operate in China without censorship, long a thorn in the side of Western Web companies operating there. "We have decided we are no longer willing to continue censoring our results" on Google's China Web site, Google.cn, the company's chief legal officer, David Drummond, said in the post.

"We recognize that this may well mean having to shut down Google.cn, and potentially our offices in China," he wrote.

popcorn.gif_thumb.jpg

So Doc, who've you pissed off recently who has IT skills? hmmm? :lol: Sorry for you hassle! But enough about you. We miss the stool when we gotta take a short crap into cyberspace, so keep this fukker up and running, and hunt down and kill the perpetrator. :angry:

Here's the deal, from my perspective.

If you were around ca. 1989, Japan was on the verge of supereconomyeverything. Just in time.... keiretsu... Japan, Inc... high technology policy... Pebble Beach & Rockefeller Center...blah-blah-blah.

Then, the bottom fell out.

The CNBC view of China has that feeling to me. It's like, if you're not schooling your kids in Mandarin, you're an effing Geico caveman.

We'll see... we shall see.

Consider: there are hundreds of millions of people living there in poverty.

Ride a tiger.

Was thinking of moving to Brazil - good-looking, tan women and warm weather. However, after listening to the Radio Free Wallstreet podcast, Russ Winter said that the majority of the citizens there are dumb. Don't tell Suds I said that. :lol:

Sudsy won't care what you say about Brazil. He's Peruvian.

In fact, since he's a big fan of the Peruvian futbol team, maybe he'll join you in badmouthing them.

Archived