Bully 10k prop jam reversal

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking of going to a one thread per day format. That would simplify things for newbies who think we just disappear for the rest of the day, depending on which forum they are reading.

I am also going to have to do a new design for better ad placement, and a few more bells and whizzers.

What say you? Is it time to go all modren? Hard to answer, I know. We're all so used to the Model T.

Sounds good to me. :D

Drano: An important market question for you!. Now that you are getting ready to be sued by the peanut industry complex, could you pass your opinion on spinach - seriously. There is nothing to keep the pesticides and other junk off the edible part, as you actually eat the leaves.

Here ya go, today's gross-out:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poi...d-another-rinse

Salad mixes that included spinach tended to have higher bacteria levels than those without spinach.

This isn't the same article that I read on YooHoo news, but it seems to discuss the same report. The reason you're not supposed to eat salad in 3rd world countries is that indeed you are eating the leaves, so you are eating the pesticides sprayed on them or the fertilizer (which may be of, ugh, human origin), which are absorbed into the leaves that you are eating. I buy only organic lettuce and mostly organic fruits. But, even your "pre-washed" salad greens need to be washed again because they can easily acquire bacteria either in the picking or in subsequent handling. RAW spinach for some reason seems to be more at risk for transmitting dangerous bacteria. Cooking kills the bacteria, but of course cooking does nothing to reduce dangerous pesticide levels.

You can get "veggie wash" in most supermarkets. Trader Joe's has a really good price on an excellent brand. I now wash ALL fruits and vegetable in veggie wash. You'll discover that fruits whose skin you eat actually taste better (which kinda makes you wonder what you were eating all those years, doesn't it?). And I most definitely put my salad greens into water with veggie wash, swish 'em around, and let them sit in it awhile, and then rinse it several times. Supposedly the veggie wash is edible, but why eat it if you don't have to?

In case anyone is wondering, yes I was a biology major.

I can ask the almond and cashew industry to pay my legal fees. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the Almond industry may be running short of funds soon and a lot smaller as an industry after their worker bees have disappeared.

Expect to pay more - a lot more for almonds this year

From their last report (June 2009) the USDA still has no explanation for the bees disappearing. Read the Executive Summary page. June 2009 USDA CCD Report Link

If you get a chance watch the documentary, The Last Beekeeper, on Beekeeping and almond production.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJx4SYw78As.swf

I can ask the almond and cashew industry to pay my legal fees. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your take on spinach. Since I cook the spinach I am worried about the pesticides. I will give the Veggie wash a try. Good idea.

As for your legal fees, please contact Paramount Farms of California. These guys are mistakenly crediting some advertising campaign for pistachio sales boost, if only they knew the power of The Stool. :P

Saturday, Feb. 06, 2010

Advertising campaign helps boost California pistachio exports to record levels

By ROBERT RODRIGUEZ

The Fresno Bee

Shipments of California pistachios reached record levels in December, boosted by a small crop in Iran, a major marketing campaign by the state's largest grower and a growing awareness of the nut's health benefits.

More than 46 million pounds of pistachios were shipped to domestic and overseas customers in December. The industry's previous best sales month was 38 million pounds.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/centralvalley...ry/1301085.html

Keeping in line with the CapitalStool.com Weekend Food & Health Edition ?...Regarding pistachios....at least as far as the US goes....pretty fascinating, especially when you realize the entire industry (in the US) was started by some dude that smuggled like 20 or 200 plants from Iraq or was it Iran to California, planted them, and that was all she wrote.

In addition, I think I remember reading somewhere that with just pistachios and water a person can live for months on end....

Just sayin'

Lee Adler said: my goal, and my need, was to make a living at this, I went from a free content model to a paid model. Right there I lost 92% of my readers.

Doc lets take off the kit gloves and get down to brass tacks. I don't feel this is a mistake you can recover from. In the late 90's early 00's I started reading mish, russ winter, and calculated risk from the siliconinvestor board. I also read krugman's pkarchive blog. Look where they are at today. Mish and Calc seem to have prospered in their personal blogs. With Russ I don't know what happened, he was at least as well read initially as the others and my personal favorite of those 3 at siliconinvestor. Russ is the reason I came over here. When he wanted to charge for his market opinions, I could not afford to pay. Over the years I grew to really loathe Mish personally, even though he covered a lot of information, useful to my investing or not. He was always giving advice about how to wrap and freeze meat and then I found out he was a grocery store manager and worked in the meat section for a long time. I just had no interest in this advice, like the peanut butter discussions now. At least the PB stuff here is funny though, more than I can say for shedlock.

I will still occassionally read the mish blog because he has a different take on a variety of topics and sometimes does a good job of ridiculing his opponent, wether I like him personally or not. I almost never read calc's blog, I just don't find the information unique enough, even though he has a record of a lot of useful information. Calc is just such a boring bland guy on his blog, no personality. I have read him post in other threads at siliconinvestor where he lets his political passions out and I know he can do that, but he chooses not to do so on his blog. If he would I might read his blog more.

There was another poster there, Jay Chen, he did a blog but because he was not american or in the USA, I feel it just didn't take off, he was really funny though. Lee, you and russ have a good podcast. I really like Russ and when you and Russ get in your occassional disagreement on how you perceive certain market situations it is interesting. People like controversy and drama sometimes (oprah proved that)

I think you should have focused on growing your base and then sell advertising instead of going to the paid model that cost you 92% of your eyeballs. Now I feel it is too late because the market is too saturated.

However I will offer you a glimmer of hope. I never would have believed that Henry Blodgett could bounce back from the disgrace and shame of ruining so many investors in the 2000 tech bubble and do well over at clusterstock. Learn from that phoenix rise from the ashes. He is funnier than Calc, covers many topics, has interesting cynical discussions, and I don't have to pay.

I think the cynical commentary here and the whole STOOL theme should be thrust to the forefront, that is your niche and all you have left. If you try to mainstream and do more acquisitions like bear chat, you just are not going to be able to compete with the masses of other mainstream places. As you said yourself, your notieriety as Dr. Stepan N Stool got you your sole DJ recognition, you should have worked hard to build on that.

Take the Gem you have in Russ, promote some of the cynical posters you have here into more formal commentary types, cover more topics. Give the podcasts with Russ and everything else away, FREE, grow your user base, push the stool theme. Let advertising be your money maker.

Russ once posted a picture of this hawgass american woman, and then another picture of this svelt european talking about the bloat in US markets. Another time he talked about the women in seattle wanting a dinner for nothing and freeloading off his dime, while his brazilian ladies would happily have sex after a 30 dollar meal. These were key economic observations that made me a fortune shorting the USA and investing in Brazil. I remember these things more than the decade of financial commentary by mish, russ, or calc.

Lee Adler said: my goal, and my need, was to make a living at this, I went from a free content model to a paid model. Right there I lost 92% of my readers.

Doc lets take off the kit gloves and get down to brass tacks. I don't feel this is a mistake you can recover from. In the late 90's early 00's I started reading mish, russ winter, and calculated risk from the siliconinvestor board. I also read krugman's pkarchive blog. Look where they are at today. Mish and Calc seem to have prospered in their personal blogs. With Russ I don't know what happened, he was at least as well read initially as the others and my personal favorite of those 3 at siliconinvestor. Russ is the reason I came over here. When he wanted to charge for his market opinions, I could not afford to pay. Over the years I grew to really loathe Mish personally, even though he covered a lot of information, useful to my investing or not. He was always giving advice about how to wrap and freeze meat and then I found out he was a grocery store manager and worked in the meat section for a long time. I just had no interest in this advice, like the peanut butter discussions now. At least the PB stuff here is funny though, more than I can say for shedlock.

I will still occassionally read the mish blog because he has a different take on a variety of topics and sometimes does a good job of ridiculing his opponent, wether I like him personally or not. I almost never read calc's blog, I just don't find the information unique enough, even though he has a record of a lot of useful information. Calc is just such a boring bland guy on his blog, no personality. I have read him post in other threads at siliconinvestor where he lets his political passions out and I know he can do that, but he chooses not to do so on his blog. If he would I might read his blog more.

There was another poster there, Jay Chen, he did a blog but because he was not american or in the USA, I feel it just didn't take off, he was really funny though. Lee, you and russ have a good podcast. I really like Russ and when you and Russ get in your occassional disagreement on how you perceive certain market situations it is interesting. People like controversy and drama sometimes (oprah proved that)

I think you should have focused on growing your base and then sell advertising instead of going to the paid model that cost you 92% of your eyeballs. Now I feel it is too late because the market is too saturated.

However I will offer you a glimmer of hope. I never would have believed that Henry Blodgett could bounce back from the disgrace and shame of ruining so many investors in the 2000 tech bubble and do well over at clusterstock. Learn from that phoenix rise from the ashes. He is funnier than Calc, covers many topics, has interesting cynical discussions, and I don't have to pay.

I think the cynical commentary here and the whole STOOL theme should be thrust to the forefront, that is your niche and all you have left. If you try to mainstream and do more acquisitions like bear chat, you just are not going to be able to compete with the masses of other mainstream places. As you said yourself, your notieriety as Dr. Stepan N Stool got you your sole DJ recognition, you should have worked hard to build on that.

Take the Gem you have in Russ, promote some of the cynical posters you have here into more formal commentary types, cover more topics. Give the podcasts with Russ and everything else away, FREE, grow your user base, push the stool theme. Let advertising be your money maker.

Russ once posted a picture of this hawgass american woman, and then another picture of this svelt european talking about the bloat in US markets. Another time he talked about the women in seattle wanting a dinner for nothing and freeloading off his dime, while his brazilian ladies would happily have sex after a 30 dollar meal. These were key economic observations that made me a fortune shorting the USA and investing in Brazil. I remember these things more than the decade of financial commentary by mish, russ, or calc.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh, by the way, I met both the goal and the need. The subscription model has worked just fine. The advertising model did not. It didn't then and it wouldn't now. Ad rates have dropped 90% in the 10 years that I have been in business. I'm just always thinking about ways of making this place better. This community is the best. I'm proud of it and I'd like it go grow and get more exposure. The 8% model works just fine as long as the community stays strong. If the community grows, so does the 8%.

8% paying subscribers beats 92% free every day of the week. Of course, those in the 92% may not agree. For them, it doesn't work as well. But the 8% works for me, and I'm pretty darn sure that it works for them too.

Free is free. You get what you pay for. Russ initially offered his work for $35 for 3 months. That's dirt cheap considering the quality of his analysis. It's a joke. There are services that charge 10 times, 100 times what he charges for work of that quality. So gimme a break, ok. The idea that you couldn't afford it doesn't wash. If he made you so much money, you could afford it.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh, by the way, I met both the goal and the need. The subscription model has worked just fine. The advertising model did not. It didn't then and it wouldn't now. Ad rates have dropped 90% in the 10 years that I have been in business. I'm just always thinking about ways of making this place better. This community is the best. I'm proud of it and I'd like it to grow and get more exposure. The 8% model works just fine as long as the community stays strong. If the community grows, so does the 8%.

8% paying subscribers beats 92% free every day of the week. Of course, those in the 92% may not agree. For them, it doesn't work as well. But the 8% works for me, and I'm pretty darn sure that it works for the 8% too.

Free is free. You get what you pay for. Russ initially offered his work for $35 for 3 months. That's dirt cheap considering the quality of his analysis. It's a joke. There are services that charge 10 times, 100 times what he charges for work of that quality. So gimme a break, ok. The idea that you couldn't afford it doesn't wash. If he made you so much money, you could afford it.

It is Saturday night and it is time to beam yourselve up into the 4th dimension!

post-510-1265491204_thumb.jpg

have fun! :lol:

:lol:

thanks fxfox

I showed my wife your post. She said she forgot about it and went to go get some.

She mumbled something about great dreams and green faries.

I got her a bottle for Christmas. I'm pretty please with it. I got her the real good stuff. can't believe what i paid for it. Hope it pays off with lots of fairy visits.

Archived