IDS World Markets Fri 24th October 08

Looks like I went full tits long right before the clash, why am I not surprised? :lol:

703216[/snapback]

Don't feel Bad. :D You and a gazillion other gamblers did the exact same thing. Look, the mega trend is DOWN, any other conclusion is just for entertainment and gaming purposes..

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got in yesterday around 3, so I guess I have some cushion for a weak open. The question is do I sell into a 150 or 200 point gap down if the futures recover significantly from here(likely scenario). If we have a really weak open Ill just unload on da bounce, unless there is no bounce :ph34r:

OPEC Preparing Output Cut to Boost Prices After Slump

Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries is preparing to cut oil production for the first time in almost two years to stem a collapse in prices.

Ministers of the 13 nations gathered at the group's Vienna headquarters at 9:30 a.m. local time, where Iran and Venezuela, two of the countries most dependent on high prices, will push for reductions.

Crude oil has tumbled 55 percent from a July 11 record of $147.27 a barrel as the financial market crisis spreads, job cuts increase and fuel consumption slows. Oil fell as much as 1.8 percent to $66.63 in New York this morning.

Italian Business Confidence, Consumer Optimism Drop in October

Oct. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Italian business confidence fell to the lowest in 15 years in October and consumer optimism dipped as the global financial crisis darkened the economic outlook and offset the positive effects of cheaper oil prices.

The Isae Institute's business confidence index dropped to 77.7 from a revised 81.8 in September, the Rome-based research center said today.

Italy, Europe's fourth-biggest economy, probably entered into a recession after the economy contracted 0.3 percent in the second quarter, European Central Bank board member Mario Draghi indicated on Oct. 21. A preliminary estimate for Italy's third- quarter gross domestic product will be released Nov. 14 by national statistics office Istat.

8 handle on silver. Man. those COMEX boys sure can sell. Was down almost a buck without a green candle.

703224[/snapback]

Liquidating EVERYTHING. At the rate the SPX futures are going right now, we're going to break the 839 low on the open.

Seems to be a mass psychological shift occuring today.

I got in yesterday around 3, so I guess I have some cushion for a weak open.  The question is do I sell into a 150 or 200 point gap down if the futures recover significantly from here(likely scenario).  If we have a really weak open Ill just unload on da bounce, unless there is no bounce  :ph34r:

703220[/snapback]

Marc Faber was on Crapvision early in the week. He compared it to a tennis ball and said it usually bouces back a bit.

Unless there is no air in it.

:o :o

Marc Faber was on Crapvision early in the week.  He compared it to a tennis ball and said it usually bouces back a bit.   

Unless there is no air in it.

:o  :o

703229[/snapback]

If this is a nested 3rd wave, there won't be much in the way of pullbacks. Think in terms of the decline leading into Oct. 10... everyone's waiting for a pullback to get short, but the pullback never comes.

To help the viewers at home comprehend the current affair of the equity markets here's the Bristol Stool chart, unfortunately it's missing the type 8, where we are now, and the type 9 where we are headed.

nhs-stool-chart.gif

Type 8: totally liquid with traces of blood

Type 9: totally liquid with abundant blood, prolapsed organs and bits of internal organs.

Here's a snapshot of type 8 for your viewing pleasure

post-2204-1224841653.png

Converted most gold bullion to euro. Bought it 6 yrs a ago or so and I dont want to give all of those gains back. I am not going to ride it down as I have some junior mining stocks. Will turn and jump back in if gold turns.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg announces CME futures are limit down. Europe melt down. GBP meltdown. Oil still falling hard even though OPEC cut.

I am sick of this. It looked to Dover Sole too short this past week but it wasn't.

Going for a long walk to clear my head & relax.

Anybody have the circuit breaker rules handy?  It could be a boring day in the market, if it's closed.

703235[/snapback]

Prefer to see it closed. I need a break. However, if it is closed and opens Monday, things look black.

Archived