Binary Environment

. . . We have folks running the Fed (and the Treasury, for that matter) who are the most incompetent and irresponsible of all time. That's old news, but what's new, in my opinion, is their full-blown display of arrogance. They talk about keeping interest rates low indefinitely, while paying lip service to deflation or disinflation, when the opposite is happening in nearly every commodity market. (Editor?s note: The Commodity Research Bureau index is up about a third since last March.) . . .

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crapvision at its finest this morning.

Finally a guest that is challenging the cast.

David Simon and Joe Kernan having it out on valuations. He mentioned the semis have gotten away ahead of themselves with multiples approaching bubble 1 levels. Kernan counters with the piece that came out yesterday about the semi cycle historically being able to run 500-600% and things could just be getting started. NT was discussed as cap as appreciated 4 billion on a 100 million contract in the last 2 weeks. Mark Haynes intervenes saying "Well NT is only at 6 and what was it before 60 or 70 dollars?"

VIX.X was also discussed or should I say explained to the cast that seemed to fall on deaf ears as I really dont think any of them could connect the dots.

There was more but Im sure I neednt say anymore.

The disgust I feel towards the media grows exponentially.

Richard Peach Federal Reserve of NY is on and the bullhorning is reaching epic proportions. Consumers are OK if rates rise and home prices decrease. Nothing to worry about as others will profit from a rise in rates. I suppose he was referring to people on fixed income. Also said How high is too high for consumer debt levels?

Im not worried.

Wild cornered desperate animal stage has never been more obvious.

How do these guys sleep at night?

And my last rant

I find it very interesting that the following piece was published in one of the worlds

papers. One that is left on Wall streets doorstep. a financial political contributor. So when we have an op-ed column that rubs the standing administration it forces many to think of the other side to the story.

"One is that Mr. O'Neill and Alan Greenspan knew that it was a mistake to lock in huge tax cuts based on questionable projections of future surpluses. In May 2001 Mr. Greenspan gloomily told Mr. O'Neill that because the first Bush tax cut didn't include triggers ? it went forward regardless of how the budget turned out ? it was "irresponsible fiscal policy." This was a time when critics of the tax cut were ridiculed for saying exactly the same thing."......more

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/13/opinion/...43ea8cdd7fcac69

This post last night from Ags Nightmare gives voice to one very big reason why Capitalstool is what it is.

Anyone find the past two days a surreal. Oneill story breaks, Investigation into Oneill with 24 hours, Blodget now an expert on crime has the gaul to reco nut stocks, Perle, Kudlow and Cramer calling for a lynching of Oneil, manias hits a new gear, 98 Fed minutes due out ...

I'm sitting here tonight wondering what have we become ? I'm not an old guy or one of those "in my days" type of person either.

Covers ups, leaks , lies, criminals becoming experts, reality tv where chicks get paid a million to marry a fat pig, and those who tell the truth muzzled faster than a rabid german shepherd on Animal Planet Preceinct plastered all over the news. I'll get off my soapbox but I've reached a point of not caring about too much of anything anymore. It's like we just entered some sort of end of the world free for all.

Sorry for the rant. After reading some of the Blodgett reviews from his interview I think that tipped the scales for me where we are headed.

Ag

We must continue to raise our voices in protest. As wyndy would say, "Now more than ever."

May our burning desire for cleansing and reform continue to drive us.

And to those who think this site should just be about trading, I challenge you to recognize that we need to have a higher purpose. Otherwise, we are simply part of the problem. This site is here to give voice to those who still have the energy to raise their voice in outrage. Where we see wrong, where we see malfeasance, where we see incompetence, where we see venality, where we see criminality, where we see manipulation, we have to shout it to the mountaintops. We have to be the ones who say, I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this any more. If not us, who? If not now, when?

So, onward Stoolian soldiers! Continue to raise a stink. Yea, may the Stool movement flow throughout the land! Never give in. Never, never, never!

This post last night from Ags Nightmare gives voice to one very big reason why Capitalstool is what it is.

We must continue to raise our voices in protest. As wyndy would say, "Now more than ever."

May our burning desire for cleansing and reform continue to drive us.

And to those who think this site should just be about trading, I challenge you to recognize that we need to have a higher purpose. Otherwise, we are simply part of the problem. This site is here to give voice to those who still have the energy to raise their voice in outrage. Where we see wrong, where we see malfeasance, where we see incompetence, where we see venality, where we see criminality, where we see manipulation, we have to shout it to the mountaintops. We have to be the ones who say, I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this any more. If not us, who? If not now, when?

So, onward Stoolian soldiers! Continue to raise a stink. Yea, may the Stool movement flow throughout the land! Never give in. Never, never, never!

Word Doc

The anals is a godsend.

As I have said and spread you have managed to assemble a site

like no other. Nothing can compare to the intelligence, wit, humor

and diversity demonstrated here day after day. Stoolies are in a class of

their own and see a world that the majority do not.

It is an honor to be associated with such a dedicated group.

Parmalat:

Heard a story a couple of days ago on local radio(NL) about a receptionist(male) at the company who was interviewed by the police about the 25 off-shore companies he apparently owned.

He knew nothing.He could only say that the big boss (Tanzi or Ponzi or something like that!) would call him into his office and ask for his signature on documents now and again--what a crook!

Recent market action has most technicians completely dumbfounded.

Nobody knows where the money is coming from to drive these stocks higher.

The only thing I can think of is that there is really no "new money" coming into the stock market, particularly so soon after a mania.

I think what we are witnessing is the beginning stages of HYPERINFLATION under the surface, which is now manifesting itself in constant Stock Boners, Commodity Explosions, and before long, we will start seeing uncontrolled price increases in just about everything.

Today's Hysterical Breakaway Gaps listed below:

post-3-1074001417.gif

Archived