Welcome to earnings Q4 season

There is some guy that goes by the name of Robot Trader over at Zerohedge that has a unique style of explaining the market, often by relating space-needle, to-the-moon rocket stocks to nice looking, thinly-clad, provocative females. Any chance this could be Mark from eons past?

Link: More New Girlfriends Found

I would say it is a high probability. It is a small world. :rolleyes:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Kalifornia and its budget.

We had dinner tonight with friends, who mentioned an acquaintance of theirs who used to live in CA.

He now "lives" in NV, and keeps an apartment in CA. He sneaks in periodically, careful only to spend cash in CA, and lives stealthily in the apartment for about 2 weeks. On paper, he is in NV most of the time.

All to make sure that he is taxed as a Nevadan.

One of a rising number, I would guess.

Buy It Now

no quibblin' on the price

grab 'em both, drink one, hold the other long ta hedge vs. FRN friends-and-family darkroom printin'

Ugh, don't buy that stuff that is left over from last April. Plastic leaches into the drink when you have an acidic fluid stored in plastic for that long.

You can only get nice fresh kosher Coke starting about 2 or 3 weeks ahead of Passover, which is around the end of March this year, so start looking in the middle of March. I don't usually drink cola, but I stock up on the canned stuff when I can get the Real Thing, and use up the plastic bottle stuff first since it can't be stored as long.

Those who live in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico can probably find Mexican Coke if they go to the right stores. It is, like kosher Coke, the REAL original Coke recipe, with cane sugar instead of that lousy, unhealthy corn syrup. Even the Centers for Disease Control has figured it out -- they did a statistical study and saw that the diabetes epidemic in this country started a year or two after high fructose corn syrup became a common food additive instead of sugar.

After watching Apocalypse Now again, I am healed and, once again, mentally sound after a long week. Also, I am still amazed at the pure genius of Colonel Kurtz who once said, "I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."

Now that sounds like something a trader would say..... Classic, man...pure genius.

Here is the answer to who is going to buy the Long Bond. You are! :lol:

The U.S. Treasury and Labor Departments will ask for public comment as soon as next week on ways to promote the conversion of 401(k) savings and Individual Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment streams, according to Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi and Deputy Assistant Treasury Secretary Mark Iwry, who are spearheading the effort.

BW

After watching Apocalypse Now again, I am healed and, once again, mentally sound after a long week. Also, I am still amazed at the pure genius of Colonel Kurtz who once said, "I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."

Now that sounds like something a trader would say..... Classic, man...pure genius.

Thanks for the clip, that is a great movie. :D

I absolutely agree that the bubbles will be shorter in duration and expect a much shorter reflation this time around....can't hardly wait for the Alt A to hit this summer - it's gonna be a Texas style barbecue and hog roast. Shorty will be there wearing a splatter bib.

That is until the government institutes a NO short sale rule. <_<

jickiss is back!

jickiss is back!

and

as a service to all them that like to read Forecasts of da Future,

here is the Twenty Ten, as well as a Ten Year forecast from Black Rock, which, in the great Wharton Tradition, obviously lets the Marketing Dept run the place....these boiz have a ton of coin under management.....8 thousand workers work for Black Rock.....where do they hide them all, you may wonder???

....anyway,

Mr. Doll says plenty: (and kind of Brags about being right about 2009....wonder how much F they own???)

http://www2.blackrock.com/content/groups/g...predictions.pdf

This sounds pretty bullish to me and a lot better than the last decade. That would be DOW 20000 by 2020. He may be right but I wonder what the price of oil and gold will be? :unsure:

In the next decade, Doll believes, stocks could deliver average compound annual returns of 6% to 8%.

Please note, i don't believe in manipulation.

You can push the futures market as high as you want, but when the regular hours open the cash folks can simply take it down.

They don't.

They can't.

IF the Gov't. is taking out all offers on the futures thus propping the price,

THEN risk-free index arbitrage buying will overcome any and all cash selling until fair value is reached on the spread, which can happen only with higher cash prices.

It is within the realm of reason for someone to question the IF part,

but assuming that condition is true, it is clearly incorrect to deny the THEN part.

They can't.

IF the Gov't. is taking out all offers on the futures thus propping the price,

THEN risk-free index arbitrage buying will overcome any and all cash selling until fair value is reached on the spread, which can happen only with higher cash prices.

It is within the realm of reason for someone to question the IF part,

but assuming that condition is true, it is clearly incorrect to deny the THEN part.

I think you can substitute surrogates like GS in place of Government and this would explain why their prop trading profits are so high. Nothing like a little risk free arbitrage for da boyz. <_<

Here is the answer to who is going to buy the Long Bond. You are! :lol:

The U.S. Treasury and Labor Departments will ask for public comment as soon as next week on ways to promote the conversion of 401(k) savings and Individual Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment streams, according to Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi and Deputy Assistant Treasury Secretary Mark Iwry, who are spearheading the effort.

BW

BWA HA HA HARDY HEE HO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The average 401k balance at Fidelity is $60,700 and the Fidelity money markit current yield is 0.04% (not a typo) so the average private sector sucker can retire right now with a big fat income stream of $24 per year.

post-2457-1263019755_thumb.jpg

phat, you worried about the MACD?

Yes and no. The 2 year cycle is due to top anytime now, and may have in Dec. Think the MACD reflects that gradual crapout.

Besides that, the weekly MACD is too LT an indicator for anything but LT positions. I do like the weekly slow stos though.

Anyway am expecting one of two scenarios:

1. PMs make a peak soon, fall/consolidate into Mar/Apr, and then take off; or

2. PMs keep on keepin on into a Mar/Apr top, then correct for a bit; summer outlook TBD...

Either way, if the correction (whenever it comes) can leave the PM bull case with some technical integrity, am expecting higher prices ahead. Maybe much higher.

Hello Stoolies,

I think you will liek this film. More over it has VERY VERY good score, so its a must see

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

Plot summary

A father and his son walk alone through burned America. Nothing moves in the ravaged landscape save the ash on the wind and water. It is cold enough to crack stones, and, when the snow falls it is gray. The sky is dark. Their destination is the warmer south, although they don't know what, if anything, awaits them there. They have nothing: just a pistol to defend themselves against the lawless cannibalistic bands that stalk the road, the clothes they are wearing, a rusting shopping cart of scavenged food--and each other.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/plotsummary

HD 480p trailer 1

http://fdb.pl/film/66408-droga/zwiastuny/odtwarzaj/7630

HD 480p trailer 2

http://fdb.pl/film/66408-droga/zwiastuny/odtwarzaj/9864

Archived