Bumping Its Head

m-dung: re:XLNX - it depends how you define a short candidate. broke through a spread triple top (June highs) today, it's in a positive trend, relative strength vs. the dow just turned positive, monthly momentum just turned positive last month, and the bullish percent for semis is 48%. dirty harry might have a particular question for you on this one. my view is this market has something for everyone if you know where to find it, precisely because NO ONE KNOWS. If this mkt is going up, stocks like XLNX will lead; if it's going down that bunch could well hold up better than a lot of other things out there.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"anal cysts suggest the Treasury could begin to hold monthly auctions for five-year notes, possibly reintroduce a three-year note and even reissue 30-year bonds in order to finance the proposed stimulus package."

they just keep comin up with new ways to prop this pos.reissue 30year?they just got rid of the 30 year to prop them up last year.

m-dung: re:XLNX - it depends how you define a short candidate. broke through a spread triple top (June highs) today, it's in a positive trend, relative strength vs. the dow just turned positive, monthly momentum just turned positive last month, and the bullish percent for semis is 48%. dirty harry might have a particular question for you on this one. my view is this market has something for everyone if you know where to find it, precisely because NO ONE KNOWS. If this mkt is going up, stocks like XLNX will lead; if it's going down that bunch could well hold up better than a lot of other things out there.

Thanks LD, I just don't want to end up like the second person Harry asked.

Trending123.com has a good point. Today, the AROON had a bullish cross, and usually the next day will be a down day to work off the overboughtness of the index. Then a continuation of the previous trend will occur for a few days up to a few weeks. So, we may get a down day tomorrow and then a continuation up for awhile. AROON is a lagging indicator, so use other indicators like stochastics and EMA's which are more leading along with Doc's cmaps.

http://trending123.com/stocks/chart_of_nasdaq.htm

TE, George Zapata is a pisser.  Love his last 2-3 mins.  Stay short be happy.  :P

I remember hearing him in July calling July 23 an intermediate term bottom and the Maria Fartaroma indicator.

Not only did we get a low-risk shorting zone on Dec 2, we're getting another one now, and George sees a possible third one.  Add shorts on each one baby!  The exact opposite of accumulating on the dips in the early stages of the bull.

Significant (>5%) upside is extremely limited at this point.  Large downside potential looms large and highly probable.

Still deep six figures in BEARX, dong some screamers for fun (20%), and laughing at all the bozos on the idiot box.  They are all 100% certified jack-asses and as B4 says "will have a religious experience" soon.

PD,

The 'Weinsteiner's (long bases and volume moves above the rising 150dMA) are popping up in telcom and networkers, mainly. They are severely hated, so no surprise.

Good thing I have my heavy short positions on SPX, and have lightened considerably on NDX. SMH lately used for hedging, while cashing out some long term NDX shorts....and going net NDX long (which can turn on a dime). RYVYX is behaving well.....short term.....for the IRA.....till the 13 weeker hurls.

The 13 week cycle is definitely biting, unlike last May, when the 1 year baby was already falling; that was byootiful. None of the significant cycles (8 day, 13wk, 6mo, 12mo) are in sync, at present. The 8 day may give some relief, quite soon. I would then wait for the 13 to show its hand....maybe soon, since the 2-year channel upsides are limited.

Your current strategy seems excellent, btw.

chart.asp?symb=jnpr&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=30&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=150116&style=320&time=8&freq=2&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=3620&mocktick=1

No wonder this has been screaming.....a screaming bullette...

chart.asp?symb=beas&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=30&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=40895&style=320&time=8&freq=2&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=2365&mocktick=1

chart.asp?symb=ryvyx&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=30&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=180733&style=320&time=8&freq=2&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=8628&mocktick=1

bioturd short alert on the monthly.

chart.asp?symb=btk&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=13&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=1024&type=4&size=1&state=15&sid=8675&style=320&time=10&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=5508&mocktick=1

Mr. Hanky,

I think they need to reintroduce the 30 year, it only makes sense. Historically low rates and the dollar that pays it off will be less valuable thanks to the inflation that is on the horizon, sounds like the smartest thing they could do. That is also precisely the reason they probably wont, but...

Why not? Everyone else is refinancing. Sure would be easier to pay than the 13%ers they sold in the 80's.

Meta, when you lift up the hood and look inside vs. glossing over the averages its quite amazing what you'll find. There is some fricking major dough to be made dong a select set of small issues. There is also a lot of crap out there too so ya got to be careful. I suspect a laborious drawn out top here as some Nads are acting very well and others not. Very mixed.

Like I said before, when in Rome, do as the Romans. Mixed market, mixed portfolio. :lol:

Slinger, you're right, don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes. Front run (shorting) this aggressively and risk getting run over. Breaks my other rule: don't rush the market or your trading of it.

Rich in moderator mode.

We lose good people because sometimes we get careless in our interactions. There are a lot of giant egos around here. That's to be expected from us. What we all need to do is keep it under control. Pointing out that someone was wrong, talking down to other stoolies or generally acting superior will cause trouble. Care must be taken. Control must be exercised. We are supposed to be adults. In order to maintain what we have here we must work at it. Just like a relationship with a partner. Some of us have thick skins, some thin. And remember on the internet no one can see your facial expressions or body language. Use smiley faces to take the edge off.

Sorry for being preachy.

p.s. This is not directed at anyone in particular. :)

Carry on

Rich :wink2:

Archived