Bumping Its Head

TE, George Zapata is a pisser. Love his last 2-3 mins. Stay short be happy. :P

I remember hearing him in July calling July 23 an intermediate term bottom and the Maria Fartaroma indicator.

Not only did we get a low-risk shorting zone on Dec 2, we're getting another one now, and George sees a possible third one. Add shorts on each one baby! The exact opposite of accumulating on the dips in the early stages of the bull.

Significant (>5%) upside is extremely limited at this point. Large downside potential looms large and highly probable.

Still deep six figures in BEARX, dong some screamers for fun (20%), and laughing at all the bozos on the idiot box. They are all 100% certified jack-asses and as B4 says "will have a religious experience" soon.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Phat, I'll find his post and check out what the Col. is thinking.

The Col was thinking that it had lousy fundamentals and was riding the rama slama jama wave in tech which is about to run out of steam. Getting close to a 52 wk high and still losing money. Of course none of that counts for crap in these manic markets but if reality is ever forced on the sheep, that POS XLNX is going to 12. As it is, I didn't short it today as it only ran up to .40 shy of my limit order. Glad I didn't fill. Its a semi-cult and those crazies could run it to 60 based on nothing.

What the hell happened with simple guy?

It appears he poked at the good Doc. Can't go into all the gory details, as I don't have them. Hopefully, he'll be back when he says (March).

Simple Guy's departure puts him on a growing list of people we seem to be losing. A long while back there was a guy here who seemed to have a reasonably good way of calculating intra day high, low and EOD close - all within about 5% of the day's range. Then, there was blackbelt - yes, he hangs out. But it's not quite the same as when he was posting. Quite a few other technicians also seem to have reduced their posts, for whatever reason.

This should be a good time for all of us to take a step back and consider how easily we seem to be getting riled by posts by (mostly) anonymous people on this site. Seems like whatever takedown the market does of our egos, we regrow them back post haste on this site. No, I'm not saying we should be politically correct. Just that we should take a chill pill every so often.

This is still one of the better sites on the web. Let's try and keep it that way, shite schtick and all...

Guest AssMaster

If he really wanted a bull market, he would have added that since he was being so generous with dividends, that options expenses would no longer be tax deductible. And that all earnings would from now on be required to be repoorted as CORE earnings or taxable earnings, not GAAP or imaginary earnings. THen there would be a chance.

Oh yes, never have I seen such sophomoric gushing, until much later when someone mentioned that there was no guarantee that anyone would actually pay more dividends and might actually pay less because now they were tax deductible.

I did not see the The Spectacle although we were getting regular updates from various posters on IDS today.

What I have a hard time getting my mind around is how people, and I use that term loosely here, like Kudlow and Cramer can go on television and say this stuff?  I mean really!  40%??!!??  After all, like rocks are hard and water is soft, they are going to be proven wrong.  Why?

kudlow guaranteed the indices would "be up another 40% by the end of the year with this tax plan"

cramer said "the markets are going straight up from here"

yes...he actually said 40%

Mr H, well, well, lets add that to our list, shall we. I'll jot it down as #12.

1) Mutual Funds 5% cash.

2) Wall St Strategist recommend 70-80% equity allocations.

3) Business Week survey shows 95% bullish for 03 with very high targets.

4) Investor Intelligence 51% bulls, 25% bears.

5) VIX in the twenties.

6) Equity PCR 0.4 today and 21-day MAs still floating on very low side.

7) S&P500 COT. Small traders very bullish, commercials heavy short.

8) Business newsmags showing pictures of bulls on cover and that recovery is a foregone conclusion. "Hot Stocks for 03", "Get Ready for Recovery in 03".

9) Merrill Lynch survey of Global money Mgrs show 74% bullish for 03.

10) Odd lotters going for the gusto on the dips

11) 56% households still invested in equities, three years in a row.

12) Pudlow and Creamer guarantee market will be straight up 40%

Its so damn extreme you'd think its a conspiracy but its simply herd mentality.

Stocks only go up on greater fool theory, how can they go [much] higher when there is a minority of greater fools?

flecks headline on thestreet.bomb

Bill Fleckenstein

Techs Announce 100% Unadulterated Pro Forma Dividends

The lack of earnings is part of the problem with the dividend-tax-cut-will-save-us thinking.

at least someone has there head screwed on straight,but i'm sure cramer has him there for entertainment purposes so he can laugh at fleck when the market ramps"another 40%".

If they opened a law firm together I think I know what their advertising catch phrase would be. . .

Fokker & Bare . . . Is There Any Other Way?

On second thought, perhaps this idea should be filed under "Lets don't and say we did."

Goldman's Cohen picks cyclical stocks for 2003

Goldman Sachs strategist Abby Joseph Cohen tells Rukeyser she sees the economy avoiding a double-dip recession and says cyclical stocks should benefit.

her picks were...bac,dal and via

I guess those 3 are safe to short now!

Time turn cluster coming at around Noon tommorrow. I think its reversal of fortune. Wall struck has already discounted the moron's candy. Also note that lots of miner stocks are at double bottoms of the 5 day 15 minute and 10 day variety. The last time I used this meter, the screamers were double bottoming on the 5 day. Rotation anyone?

Hey Meta, this from Bernie Schaeffer confirms our observations:

I see Nasdaq and the techs as being the least vulnerable to a first-half slide and the Nasdaq potentially posting a gain of up to 50 percent for 2003. I am most bullish on the small- and mid-cap techs ? the "single-digit midgets."

I'm already seeing a large rash of bullish looking small tech stocks. Alot look very strong and promising.

I'm still a bear though but will be playing these as well. What the heck, money is money. Being long and short at the same time means I can flip the bird to market timing frustrations.

Archived