Monthly Digger - October 2010

@ dharma

What you call a price cycle must have a time cycle

unless you are an ewoofer euh I mean eliotarian

What time frame are you thinking off ? I have my finger on the sell buttom and reckon the high for this time cycle on a monthly scale is close

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ dharma

What you call a price cycle must have a time cycle

unless you are an ewoofer euh I mean eliotarian

What time frame are you thinking off ? I have my finger on the sell buttom and reckon the high for this time cycle on a monthly scale is close

ageka-price cycles are based on price solely. 1358 starts the next price cycle which we did not break into yet. but, breaking into it indicates that the market wants to go higher. just looked @kitco and we did get to 1365, but i would like to see a close above 1358 , to indicate the markets intentions!

i studied wd gann. and in 1980 i took a course w/the leading gann experts and in the course i learned a technique called cycles of the low, the theory is that significant highs and lows are eg like the full moon or new moon pulling on the tides of the ocean.

personally i took 10-15%off the table.

also, venus goes retrograde tomorrow which has a very high correlation to market turns, so we shall see. i am not doing anything else. but, i am watching intently for clues.

i am wearing my buy hat as i think the miners are still way undervalued relative to the price of gold

under the right circumstances i will buy.

dharma

ps. elliott died broke

prechter has been wrong on everything for decades

that is enough said!

If $1325 area holds then it is still in the short term channel and this is profit taking. A break of the channel low here and it's correction. Yearly silver and gold are steep but doesn't seem to mean much. Gold and silver have been overbought for weeks now but doesn't seem to matter.

Only sold CGC for profits yesterday. A 5% off sale on NG would have been nice but I need to wait for more 1yr anniversary dates around the beginning of Dec. to sell and benefit in taxing.

A check-mark formed in the leg on the way up would be typical of blow off before it ends.

Subject to confirmation the yearly cycle high may be in

Seven of Eleven gave me enough Gann to be busy till I die

I still see time more important then price

When time is up markets turn

Subject to confirmation the yearly cycle high may be in

Seven of Eleven gave me enough Gann to be busy till I die

I still see time more important then price

When time is up markets turn

yes, that is straight up gann,and yes i believe it takes a lifetime to go through all his stuff. i have been through the commodity course countless times. and his books, some, not all

i have been buying this am.

of course i could be wrong, but i have tight stops , below yesterdays lows. on what i just bought.

we are in a run here and corrections are short in time.

i sense, of course i could be wrong, public entering the market @these high #s and more waiting in the wings to enter. and then a good correction. dharma

I did some more selling of trading shares which

to my surprise left me with 61% gains in euro

I raised 9% cash this week

I work now under the presumption the temp high is in or very close in time :ninja:

I can live with both .

( I never ever use stop loss since they tend to hit what they see )

I'm 10% cash now. I don't try very hard to pick the topping action like Ageka. Sometimes if I have profit in a stock, I'll sell some other under preforming stock to equal that profit. Or I might just go to the second trading account (IRA) and sell stocks there to equal profits in first trading account. Then there are the 'lots' to prioritize when selling because I don't go all in at once but buy in lots to make income tax time and tracking core positions a bit easier.

If I was a trader I'd probably go to cash near every close and then start over every morning.

I have a consumer investment magazine subscription because all the bank outlets have it .

For the first time they allocated a full page to gold . It was lukewarm ; saying the rise is not over and a portfolio should have 5% of gold in it .

This week again in euro I lost on miners and had a slight gain on physical .

I have a consumer investment magazine subscription because all the bank outlets have it .

For the first time they allocated a full page to gold . It was lukewarm ; saying the rise is not over and a portfolio should have 5% of gold in it .

This week again in euro I lost on miners and had a slight gain on physical .

i have to think that @some point the fiat euro goes down the crapper too.

i thought jim sinclairs 1650 by jan 11, 2011 was a pie in the sky. i am changing my tune. it has been a slow steady grind up to 1360. i suspect the feds november announcement of qe2 will get folks who are on the fence to take positions. we are witnessing in real time the destruction of fiat. the process is speeding up. weakness is a gift.

dharma

time was up for me on monday, the gold markt made its high on wednesday, it would not surprise me to see a pause in here.

hui/xau just broke out of a 2 1/2 year base

the question for me is, if the metals correct , what will the miners do?!

october is generally speaking not favorable for stocks

seasonally, this time of year is not bullish, for gold either

http://www.seasonalcharts.com/classics_gold.html

dharma

I am working with the assumption that there is a 70% probability the high will not be in before next week monday . Normal time will be up for me by then .

But then again we are not living in your average normal time either .

Archived