Monthly Digger - September 2010

Some people at work often exclaim that once Wednesday is over it becomes the hump day and it should become easier as you look forward to two more days of work. It feels to me like gold should of seen it's hump period when 1250 can be looked back upon. First it was a spike up into December 2009, then another two attempts in May through June and now the time when the fourth try shows up and the hump period is past and it should be easier to attack higher levels.

GLD

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartLib/GLD_08_31_20_53_1283302400.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's do some humping....

The universe is unfolding as it should.

We are a brave few.

Can we keep smiling with a mouth full of shit?

What if we just happen to be right?

What if? What if?

What if the most basic of mathematical theorems turns out to be right?

Shall we be found guilty of exploiting ignorance?

Or just guilty of a love for math?

Can they persecute us for that?

Will we get the chance to enjoy what we have suffered so much humiliation for?

Stay tuned.

post-1744-12833112539028.jpg

Grinch: Yes, were it oil, what would our junior oil producers be valued at by now? On the flip side, would we have been able to stay grounded and used our new-found tremendous wealth for good? Would the money have come in too fast and therefore we behave a bit..too fast as well?

I think a lot about what I would do were it I had millions at my disposal. Who doesn't? After everything that's happened, I will happily keep driving my 1993 Volvo, with 240k miles. I don't want a new car. A new house or anything of that sort. I just want to be free with my family to do business in the Philippines. Invest in more machinery..build the biggest best most modern recycling facility in Ozamiz City...now that would be something I could hang my hat on.

Perhaps I'll have my chance...for now, I keep scraping for pennies.

If I could dream really big, I would build a coconut oil processing plant in my area (all properties are close). And beyond that, my moral compass is very aligned with what China Natural Gas is doing...we don't use cars and buses in the Phils much though - almost entirely motorcycles/motorcabs...fuel cost with CNG is cut in half and pollution 70% down........if I'm lucky!!

sovereign debt is the key. sovereigns have a history of not paying their debt. reneging is remote. delaying or devaluing is the preference

grinch- here is armstrong its a brilliant piece

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/Staring-into-the-Abyss-7-31-2010.pdf

i have to follow my work

1245 is support and the market is banging on that right now

we are overbought

there are several events in september that lead me to believe we will finish the month alot higher

dont mistake genius for a bull market

silver is looking alot better to me

i added some silver miners- svm for example

arms and legs in the vehicle

buckle up.

the seasonals have turned friendly

dharma

I've been in watch and wait mode for a while but checking in to call attention to TRE's performance today, up 8.63% with a daily high of $6.06. It has been and remains my largest position, with SLW next largest. My position is certificated and not going anywhere. I expect it will be among the first of juniors to pay a dividend in the form of a warehouse receipt for physical gold, at some point before the end of 2012.

I traded out of some CEPKF warrants yesterday at ~33% profit only because the bid was too rich to ignore. I still hold a position there, though. I also maintain my position in SNXXF warrants, much more comfortable there with the expiration in 2014.

Of course, they'll find a way to persecute us, Grinchie.

Onward to glory. ;)

"A major upward thrust is likely as a holiday present before January. The pattern is even stronger with silver. The month of September is especially strong, almost twice as much gusto packed into it as any other month, the next being December and January." Jim Willie

Bring it on and let's get over this 1250 hump.

Goldcorp agrees to buy Andean Resources for $3.4 billion

Just a matter of time until the gold major Mongol hordes storm the gates of our massively undervalued juniors. Very high valuation per ounce here being paid by GG. I'm not familiar with Andean but I gather from the silicon investor board that the high price is based largely on perceived high exploration value rather than demonstrated ounces.

from another board:

This is interesting. US postal service using SDR, Special drawing rights, in their website. Conversion table for international mail insurance values.

Looks like the dollar is 65% of one SDR.

Does that mean the dollar could be devalued by at least %35?

You be the judge. Things are getting interesting.

New 100 dollar bill in Feb 2011 and now this.

Here is the USPS website:

http://pe.usps.gov/search/jsp/search...9&dtype=2#hit0

how would this affect gold?

from another board:

This is interesting. US postal service using SDR, Special drawing rights, in their website. Conversion table for international mail insurance values.

Looks like the dollar is 65% of one SDR.

Does that mean the dollar could be devalued by at least %35?

You be the judge. Things are getting interesting.

New 100 dollar bill in Feb 2011 and now this.

Here is the USPS website:

http://pe.usps.gov/search/jsp/search...9&dtype=2#hit0

how would this affect gold?

I suspect they forecast a very volatile dollar or

they have a major international client that was not happy

Putting the insurance in SDR makes it a fixed price for both sides if they have enough SDR in their vault so to speak.

I suspect if this is a move away from the dollar that means gold and most currencies are expected to move up versus the dollar ( which does nothing for me since I live in euro )

Grinch:.....if I'm lucky!!

Smitty:

Nice guys finishing last is an urban legend.

You approach the project with humility while not realizing that you are their Messiah.

This, among other things, pretty well ensures that you will find your place.

When you look back on your life, (like an old grinch), you will be amazed at what you knew....and what you didn't.

post-1744-12837517134451.jpg

We are still just a dirty half-dozen after all of these years.

With Dharma the last platoon leader who hasn't been fragged by grinch. :lol:

Heck, we should be cashing in our chips and exchanging high-fives.

We've been right all along.

Except....we are only a dirty half-dozen.

This thing is still a toddler.

Green drool running down my chin.

Lots of children will again be crying this Christmas. ;)

i am in the boat of looking for new forever highs in october. my sense is we have a larger correction after those highs.

the multiyear consolidation in silver and the gold indexes is giving indications of a breakout from the large base. gdxj is leading the way.

this is and has been, for me, about sovereign debt, which will never ever be paid off. no fiat currency throughout history has ever survived. this bunch will be no different.

we are less than $10 from new forever highs. 1261 is resistance, 1245 support. the miners could do something special.

uranium -forming an inverse h&s pattern forming

and ng(natural gas) is starting to look interesting.

dharma

Bankers came in after the long weekend in a buying mood. Perhaps some getting back from summer-long vacations.

What happens here at this level I consider key.

Given the seasonals along w/ everything else we already know, we have to favor the much higher scenario.

$1260 is stirring no excitement on the board and in me neither - a good sign. That's a market doing it's job, no? :) We've been dug in the trenches for so long that bullets bombs blood have no effect on us, just another day.

I'd like $DJI 9300 before a big move up in the broads. I had wanted that move to start today and it may be the case. We shall see.

Archived