B4 the Bell, Pre Friday April something 200?

Guest yobob1

LA Officials Fear Attacks on City Malls

27 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Security was beefed up on Thursday at several malls and shopping centers near the Los Angeles Federal Building after police said they had been told one of them could be targeted for a "terrorist" attack.

Police said extra patrols are on duty at the malls near the Federal Building on the city's west side and that shoppers were asked to exercise caution and watch for suspicious activity.

A police statement said: "Recently, federal officials received an unsubstantiated potential threat, which indicated an attack would take place at a shopping mall in the general vicinity of the Federal Building in the West Los Angeles area. No specific mall was named. The information indicated the attack would occur on April 29, 2004."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...y_losangeles_dc

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like B4, I was stopped out at 1126 this am.

That's OK, a correction was due, if only to relieve some selling pressure, which has now already happened with that small move (see OSC below).

The correction ran up to almost the .382 fib line, and now we watch to see if that's all they can do.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see a run alll the way to 1135 (the .618 line). At the moment, though, it is looking difficult for the market to get there. If we break 1135, well then we have a new trend for a while.

Otherwise, this is a blue-plate special, letting us by back our shorts at a cheaper price.

Remember, the only rule of this game is buy low, and sell high, not necessarily in that order.

post-20-1083249048.gif

Soup, Just another one of the thousands of "panc room buys"....heck even Alfred E. Newmont Mining is bouncing....

Internals say this is another EOM bs boner...everything is the same...

(REUTERS) US Treasuries bounce on GDP, but inflation a worry

By Wayne Cole

NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - Treasuries prices edged

ahead in uncertain trade on Thursday after first-quarter U.S.

growth failed to match high expectations, though in part

because inflation proved stronger than anyone had assumed.

Someone in higher places butler must have called in sick and they had to fill their own gas tank up...

Ag

Maria on CNBS: pth... uhm ... uhm ... The immediate reaction to spit... uhm....uhm higher uhm... uhm... pth..pth.pth than expected inflation rates was aggresive uhm...uhm.uhm buying of the 10yr bond.

We are seeing ...uhm.uhm...uhm strength in uhm...uhm...spit...spit..pth...equities. As traders who were sucking their thumbs yesterday rushed into uhm...uhm financials in anticpitation that higher inflation would ...uhm.uuhm...uhm yield higher uhhh...uhhh.uhm... earnings?? back to you tyler

Maria on CNBS: pth... uhm ... uhm ... The immediate reaction to spit... uhm....uhm higher uhm... uhm... pth..pth.pth than expected inflation rates was aggresive uhm...uhm.uhm buying of the 10yr bond.

We are seeing ...uhm.uhm...uhm strength in uhm...uhm...spit...spit..pth...equities. As traders who were sucking their thumbs yesterday rushed into uhm...uhm financials in anticpitation that higher inflation would ...uhm.uuhm...uhm yield higher uhhh...uhhh.uhm... earnings?? back to you tyler

:lol: If for some reason I have crapvision on I like to mute it when Maria is yapping and watch her eyes bugg out and marvel at the speed in which she jawbones..a few years back, she used to talk so fast you could hear her suck in air to get out her next line....aaaaaaaahh...ARIBA........aaaaaaaaaahhh....SYCAMORE....

Right now I have Cspan on and can't get over how much Armitage reminds me of Gary Busey...

Ag

Looks like the rotation is into the interest rate sensitive stocks as the dippers are "bargain hunting"

The love affair with the GSEs is baffling but who ever accused this market of being forward looking. My biggest put position COF is $2.00 off the lows and screaming higher

All in all Im glad to be out of the way, safe on the sidelines.The strength in the BKX is a troublesome sign for the bears. When they run that one they run the spoos so looks like Im out for the day unless a big reversal is in store.

I hate messing with the keystrokes on the paint day of the month

NO ROGER ARNOLD!!

Roger Arnold has been vaporized from TFNN. Some Trend Trader guy is on in his time slot. No indication yesterday that he was targeted for elimination but he has been in conflict with Tom oBrien for some time, particularly on the gold front. All of Roger's archives have been erased but he is still on the front (for now).

Roger has been very bearish on stocks and gold for some months now and bullish on bonds. Obviously this kind of blasphemy cannot be allowed. Another poster said that Obrien has lost his credibility. Now he has lost his ethics.

NO ROGER ARNOLD!!

Roger Arnold has been vaporized from TFNN. Some Trend Trader guy is on in his time slot. No indication yesterday that he was targeted for elimination but he has been in conflict with Tom oBrien for some time, particularly on the gold front. All of Roger's archives have been erased but he is still on the front (for now).

Roger has been very bearish on stocks and gold for some months now and bullish on bonds. Obviously this kind of blasphemy cannot be allowed. Another poster said that Obrien has lost his credibility. Now he has lost his ethics.

Not only was he in conflict with O-Brien but Arnold also wasn't generating any advertising revenue cause he wasn't say what most people wanted to hear. Just another matrix casualty now.

Archived