B4 the Bell Frythehelloutofthebullday 5704

Guest yobob1

The SPX/DOW advance is corrective imo

not sure for the NDX/Nasdaq/ and SexySOX. I think we advance till Wednesday by about 10 SPX points then another El Cliffo

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With oil now over $40.- a barrel-don't look for relief-I believe this the Arabs way of sticking it to Shrub. Remember OPEC said they would pump more to keep the price below $38.- but thet haven't and won't.

B4, Whilst it is a gut feel...I think the demand for crude/gas is much more of an issue than the supply.

I guess if I were OPEC though I would pretend that 'our cartel' still matters.

With oil now over $40.- a barrel-don't look for relief-I believe this the Arabs way of sticking it to Shrub.  Remember OPEC said they would pump more to keep the price below $38.- but thet haven't and won't.

B4, Whilst it is a gut feel...I think the demand for crude/gas is much more of an issue than the supply.

CEO of EXXON was on Charlie Reese (PBS) last night. Says no one is going to invest in Iraq until things stablize. What ever they are pumping now, is it.

Snow says Iraq spending won't increase borrowingFri May 7, 2004 10:45 AM ET

WASHINGTON, May 7 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow said on Friday the government's extra spending on Iraq will not significantly increase the amount of borrowing by the Treasury.

"The supplement is for $25 billion, and that would not be a large change in the borrowing requirements," Snow said in an interview with Bloomberg television.

http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle....storyID=5075479

The cost of the Iraq war

Analysis

By Steve Schifferes

BBC News Online economics reporter

The US Congress has so far been asked to spend $187bn (?104bn) on invading and then rebuilding Iraq. That sounds like a lot - but the real question should be whether it is anywhere near enough.

Neither Mr Bush nor Mr Blair want to raise taxes to pay for the war

The Bush administration was very clear about the need to invade Iraq - even though some of those reasons are now looking less convincing.

But it was far less straightforward about how much the military operation to unseat Saddam Hussein would cost.

And even more questions remain about the ultimate cost of rebuilding a functioning economy and civil society in Iraq.

Recent estimates, compiled from a variety of sources, suggest that the ultimate direct costs of the war and reconstruction could easily reach $600bn.

That cost could be doubled if the indirect costs of the war on lost economic output could be quantified.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3689365.stm

Stoolwethers Update

1 year charts with cycle projections and intermediate targets.

C

JPM

FNM

GE

GM

WMT

PG

MMM

MSFT

INTC

CSCO

DELL

AMZN

IBM

EBAY

Today's Stoolwethers update. Take a subscribatory and download 'em RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Kudlow is the guest host on CNBS this morning.

I think we finally get to see his head explode on live TV.

First lie of the morning:

"U.S. Budget Deficate comes in lower than expected"

that will likely be true, but that doesnt count off-budget items.

With oil now over $40.- a barrel-don't look for relief-I believe this the Arabs way of sticking it to Shrub.? Remember OPEC said they would pump more to keep the price below $38.- but thet haven't and won't.

CEO of EXXON was on Charlie Reese (PBS) last night. Says no one is going to invest in Iraq until things stablize. What ever they are pumping now, is it.

You are right.

The graft-ridden subsidiary of (Dick Cheney's) Halliburton - Kellogg, Brown and Root - has had 34 of it's employees killed in Iraq in the past 6 weeks.

Many, many foreign workers have left Iraq for good.

BDK- there is no question about the increased demand-I am simply saying the Arabs are pissed and are going to take it to us price-wise-the smoothing over of the price is finished.

I get u now...I guess OPEC and the Russians will always have some kind of 'smoothing over' effect.......for now <_<

I guess BandarBoy ala KennyBoy is not coming through on his side of the deal

Kudlow is the guest host on CNBS this morning.

I think we finally get to see his head explode on live TV.

First lie of the morning:

"U.S. Budget Deficate comes in lower than expected"

that will likely be true, but that doesnt count off-budget items.

War with Iraq off-budget.

This massive road construction going on acrooss the nation is off-budget.

You are right 100%

Archived