B4 The Bell Thursday September 30

Hiding Bear

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dec. SilBAAHHHHHHHHHHHH -- $6.79 +.095

;)

Even with a 50 cent gain on my silver contract, I am not considering selling - since it appears we are making a new downward move on the dollar.

I heard Soros say last night that the dollar was going nowhere - my interpretation of this is that he means the dollar is going somewhere fast.

It increasingly appears that the international PTB have gotten concerned about the gaping U.S. current account deficit enabled by Asian dollah recycling -- and have decided to 'fix it' by devaluing the dollah and revaluing the yuan.

This helps to save Mad Al's bacon, since dollah devaluation is expansionary for the U.S. and will serve to partially offset Mad Al's ill-timed rate hikes.

Corporate executives of DJIA blue chips love it because dollah devaluation boosts their earnings on overseas revenue.

So the ducks are all lining up. And the first, most direct beneficiaries are gold and silver. Gold is heading for a test of its April high at $433. Silver doubtless will follow ... or LEAD. :lol:

Dec. SilBAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH --> $6.82 +.125 ;)

OOPsie

8:16am  [MRK] MERCK WITHDRAWS VIOXX WORLDWIDE

8:20am  [MRK] Merck shares off 9% in pre-market trading on Instinet

OMG.

I am taking Viox for sprain in Achilles Tendon of right foot.

I had it for 2 months and felt better right after first pill.

Dead man limping?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P

Same here for my back. Vioxx always treated me right when I used it- I think it was the next generation of Anaprox, those darling little blues I had been prescribed decades ago when I hurt my back as a teenager.

At least 35 people have been killed in a multiple bomb attack on a US military convoy travelling through Baghdad.

Police said the first blast appeared to be a car bomb, which was followed by two more as US soldiers rushed to help those hit in the first explosion.

A hospital said it had received many dead bodies, including many children, plus dozens of injured people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3702710.stm

At least 35 people have been killed in a multiple bomb attack on a US military convoy travelling through Baghdad.

Police said the first blast appeared to be a car bomb, which was followed by two more as US soldiers rushed to help those hit in the first explosion.

A hospital said it had received many dead bodies, including many children, plus dozens of injured people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3702710.stm

horrible news. but given the situation there, you'd think they could skip the celebrations when they open a new sewage plant:

The bomb struck near a ceremony to open a sewage station, and as a US military convoy was passing.

Archived