Bears looking less douchy.....

If they ban prop trading,how the hell they gonna unwind all of the trades?

It certainly will put tremendous pressure on the market,unless all the banks are short....Anyone have a clue how this will happen?

I would assume they would be spun off as independent hedges funds which is what they now are using inside info. :glare:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heh FranMan,

IT'S REALLY COLD TODAY.

My car registered 39 degrees outside at the Berkeley BART station at 4pm.

I think we could have snow in the EB hills tonight if this keeps up.

Yep, tonight is my weekly mountain bike ride, but I think the fellas aren't up for it. last week was a classic... it's [always] a rolling party.

So I think this is mostly a ploy to show the press and the public and the congress a shiny new thing which they can now follow for months and months while nothing is done about OTC derivatives or even if they are lucky Tim and Ben. Well that might be a stretch but one shiny thing always puts many other things back in the shadows. Just like I believe the whole health care thing was designed to take the spotlight off the financial crisis. That is a pretty paranoid view but now that HC is almost dead the White House said nothing or rather they said it is up to congress and they have moved on. This whole thing came right out of the blue. No trial ballons, nothing, 5 days before the state of the union speech.

You may be on to something here. I've noticed that this administration cannot be out of the spotlight, not even for a day.

I'm ready for a break from Government... government shuts up and goes home for a few weeks. No announcements, proclamations, programs, or anything.

If this happened the 24/7 news media would collectively blow up. They wouldn't know what to talk about. :wacko:

In Oakland we have the government just going away for awhile.... at least if you consider the Library. Due to furloughs the MLK holiday was extended through Tuesday for the library. Not knowing this, I was walking some books back on Tuesday night. After finding the library closed and the drop-offs over flowing, I did encounter one city worker diligently proceeding with his assigned duties: it was the stooge that drives around looking for the cars of people who have not payed their back citations..... he was putting "boots" on cars. hah!

Latest Story

Inside Break- Professional Edition

January 21, 2010 By Lee Adler The size of the changes in the intermediate numbers suggests the possibility of a powerful downthrust. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

OMG ! ! !

What's Miss South Carolina up to these days? Why, she's going to be traveling the world, on The Amazing Race.

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-16/sh...te-amazing-race

Isn't that special?

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should," she said during the 2007 pageant when asked why she thought 20 percent of Americans could not locate the United States on a world map. "Our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children."

Archived