Rate Cut Blastoff

For any Aussie Traders that are interested, Zoran just posted his eWave analysis for the SPI and ASX:

http://csf.colorado.edu/forums/longwaves/2...03/pdf00019.pdf

:D

Thanks, Emma! :lol:

The ASX did indeed opened at the high of the day and spend the rest of the day drifting lower. In fact, it just closed DOWN 4 points, after being UP as much as 12 points in the morning. My favorite dawg, Newscorp, opened up 20c and now closed DOWN 2c. Everything is looking good for that trip to 2630 as per Zoran's target.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NK missile test is neither weird or strange. It had been known FUR several daze. It's sad and all-too-predictable.

The Japanese paper is right, at least to a high level source quoted in The New Yorker, privy to the conversations in the inner sanctum of the Oral Orifice.

There are stories about joint maneuvres tonight and the inefficacy of antibiotics for flu's, pneumonia's and ear infections, portraying new strains as quasi?-WMD's (ABC)

This all smacks of mASS psychological preparation.

No news tomorrow except wholesale inventories. Nothing can save the market tomorrow. They are out of bullets, lets see if I am right! The dollar is plunging again, so what is Al to do. We all know that question. His hands are tied and he can not feed the market, but he might drain.

Oilman

Since July 02 the broad market hasn't fallen that much

but the ups and downs have been EPIC.

Fueling the volatility is the rise of program trading and ETFs.

Per BusinessWeek "Whipsawed by Wall Street"

"Millions of ordinary buy-and-hold investors, who have been a major stabilizing force in the stock market, are bailing out. If history is any guide, those investors won't jump back in quickly even when the market starts rising again. The last time they deserted in droves--after the bear market of 1973-74--they stayed away for the best part of a generation"

Retail investors are waiting to see if the war creates a sustainable RALLY. When this doesn't happen - look at below.

Volatility will be a major contributing factor

to the eventual BREAK to the downside.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...23001_mz001.htm

KKD is NOT JUST a DOnut shop. :angry:

It is a religious experience.

You go in and you see all the hot little donuts happily frying away as they trundle merrily along the conveyor through the boiling oil. The metal conveyor carries them frm the vat into the air then dips them lovingly in a vat of pure hot liquid sugar, then back into the air to cool them just enough for the sugar coating to form a perfect smooth sugary crust. You get your donut, actually 3 or 4, and you notice each is a perfectly circlular tube creating a perfect circle with a little hole in the middle. It is the donut hole. You notice too that the little donut you now hold in your hand is...why, it's light! Light as a feather. You order a nice hot cup of steaming fresh ground and brewed coffee. You breathe in the rich mountain aroma. In the background a little man calls, "The planes, the planes." A man in a sombrero rides by on a slow moving burro. He intorduces himself, "I am Juan Valdez."

On the counter, are the krisp white paper Krispy Kreme Soldier hats. You take one, fit it to your head and put it on. You tilt it jauntily to one side. You cock your eyebrow as you approach a seat on a stool at the counter facing the window into the parking lot. You take your seat. You wave and smile to the drivers turning into the parking lot. After all, not five minutes ago, you were one of them.

You sit up straight and take a deep breath, savoring in your mind the experience you are about to have. You pick up the feather light donut, still warm. You feel the freshness, as you brush the edge of the donut across your cheek and forehead. Your finger and thumb indent the perfect sugar crust and a flake forms. You bite in.

aaaahhhhhh. :rolleyes:

See you guys later. I'm outta here for a midnight Krispy Kreme run.

Now there is one stock I would never short in a million years.

You have to experience it to know what I mean.

ROTFLOL! . . .Doc!

I've been doing Krispy Kreme since my family moved to Richmond in the very early '60s. It was our neighborhood donut shop. Dunkin and everything else has always been less than to me. I was so happy when the VC's made it possible for KKD to finally come to the one horse town I live in now. :lol:

On the question of inflation or deflation here is my question to the board. How do you get rip roaring inflation without the unions having pricing power.  The unions have been on the defensive since Reagan fired the Air Traffic Controllers. Now they negotiate for ?job security? not wages. The unions will be reborn from the ashes, well after they hit the reset button that Hypertiger talks about. The Inflation we see today is not cost inflation. It is credit inflation. It is FAKE. It can disappear as fast as it was created. The unions have been ignored in all of the articles I have read debating inflation vs. deflation.

I think they are an important part missing from the debate. The feds can only get money in the hands of the Sheepal via credit. Unions cannot demand raises and companies are not about to voluntarily increase wages in any enviorment. I would prefer inflation, I fear deflation.

It's a hoary myth that wages 'cause' commodity price inflation. Profits drive inflation because it is generally poitically difficult to drive down absolute wages to increase profit margins - this ain't the 19th century any more.

That's why unions won't revive, either.

Notice that they're letting the USD fall..

So, NE, you've made the right longterm play, IMO. After the (money multiplier) deflation, the (commodity price) inflation.

Magoo: "Pick up the damn receiver. I know you're p***d at me butt we need to talk!!!"

Shrub: "Hello?"

Magoo: "Well, are you going to move? Tokyo's cratering, so is HK."

Shrub: "Can you keep NY propped up FUR just a few more days? We've got to screw around with this BLEEP! UN thingy one more time."

Any opinion on the venerable Woolies (ASX: WOW)?

I have a WOW April 1100 put but it has failed to tank so far. My broker wasn't happy when I bought it because it is a bit of a market darling but we'll see.... Also have a put in Harvey Norman (HVN) and that's tanking nicely.

Thanks sheet4brain and aussiebear for your replies.

Unfortunately, I can't wish you happy shorting Woolies as I'm very much long the stock :lol:

Bought it in 1996 after a 3 week stint Down Under. Woolies seemed to be everywhere.

Was most impressed when it was the only store of note in Darwin that stayed open before we got hit with a cyclone. That cyclone knocked down all the royal palms across the street from the Hotel Darwin and cut the city off from the rest of the world for a couple days.

So I looked a look at the funnymentals. They looked good, bought a load, and have held on. So far, no worries ;)

Archived