Gap Left Behind....

Since Mercy man hasnt returned yet WOOOOWZA,hope he is at least lurking, all short positions working nicely C, JPM, MXIM and SPX... added more GFI today just after the open...remember let your winners run. How about that manipulation in BSX this morning, criminal, wasnt able to short the pop.... cant win em all..spx 870 by friday...TRADE SAFE may cover SPX there as I expect a short term pop before the selling accelerates. IMHO of course and barring any external events. As expected Wall Struck blaming market woes on the war rather than the lousy economy and overpriced pigs. Gap down in the am.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phat et. al.,

I suspect when some of the bigger clients get wind of this, and the cracks will eventually get bigger, they are going to demand they be sold out of their positions and it will snowball.

January effect has come and gone. ?It was possible to find small caps in late December and make some money, but the effect ended on or about January 15th. ?If you weren't out by then, you're stuck.

As goes January,

so goes the year

Rising wedges on http://trending123.com/_xau_.htm and http://www.trending123.com/_hui.htm turn into bull flags

The deployment of troops in the ME makes it impossible to

postpone the war for long. A war has to commence before

March, because it's hot as balls B) in Iraq in the summer.

Any thoughts on the besy way to purchase options on the gold price...thinking 2004 gold leaps migth be a prudent speculative play...of course the commercials dont think so...lol

been looking into this as well. options illiquidity is an issue for gold & miners both. couple weeks ago i made a list of every publicly traded gold stock i could find (with fantastic forensic help from one of vesselin's posts), and then one by one checked to see if each were optionable, what volume was like, TA, etc. after a whole afternoon i was back where i started, with just 3 or 4 miners.

for an IT gold buy & hold, 2004 leaps seem to make the most sense (i don't own any) - even though you're playing against the house to some extent.

Any thoughts on the besy way to purchase options on the gold price...thinking 2004 gold leaps migth be a prudent speculative play...of course the commercials dont think so...lol

been looking into this as well. options illiquidity is an issue for gold & miners both. couple weeks ago i made a list of every publicly traded gold stock i could find (with fantastic forensic help from one of vesselin's posts), and then one by one checked to see if each were optionable, what volume was like, TA, etc. after a whole afternoon i was back where i started, with just 3 or 4 miners.

for an IT gold buy & hold, 2004 leaps seem to make the most sense (i don't own any) - even though you're playing against the house to some extent.

I've done really well on ASA call options. Buy them 4-6 months out during the steep selloffs. In a bull market a new high happens quite often within that time frame. The tricky part selling. Greed is a bigger problem than timing the market.

Well I finally took the major dump...after more than a year of lurking here I've joined the best damn board I've ever read. I feel so relieved.

So now for my first attempt at a contribution.

Last night flying into LA I sat next to a manufacturing exec that was being transferred to Denver. I asked him how the house hunt was going for him and his wife. His answer was very telling. He said the Denver market had pulled back primarily at the high end so they had bought more house than they needed (7200 sq ft). He also mentioned that he had pulled money out of a "dead stock market" and put it into the home. Then he added that the house was a brand new custom job that a ex-Sun exec had defaulted on during construction. Then he added the punch line: "at 1.1 million there is little room for downside cuz that was the construction cost". :lol:

Tanks to everyone here for helping me see thru da boyz constant fog.

By our very own Machine head. Tanks M.H

The SWUP (Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat)

I wanna tell you 'bout Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat

It comes out of the Florida swamps

Cool and slow with plenty of precision

And a cycle narrow and hard to master

Some call it heavenly in its brilliance

Others, mean and ruthful of the bullish dream

I love the friends Stool has gathered together on this thin raft

We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping

This is the land where the poodits lied

The brokers in the forest, brightly feathered

They are saying, Forget the slide

Invest with us in forests of azure

Out here on the perimeter there are no 'sells'

Out here we is stoned - immaculate

Listen to this, I'll tell you 'bout the downwave

I'll tell you 'bout the downwave and the margin calls

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless slide

The meager quotes on stocks forgot

I'll tell you 'bout the bonkers with wrought iron soul

I'll tell you this

No eternal reward will forgive us now for missing the top

I'll tell you 'bout Capitalstool and the Bearish Beat

Soft-driven, slow and mad, like some new language

Now listen to this, I'll tell you 'bout the Doctor

I'll tell you 'bout the Doctor's cycle lows

I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night

Wandering the bullish dream

I'll tell you 'bout the bonkers with wrought iron soul

adapted from Jim Morrison's song, The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat),

on The Doors album L. A. Woman, April 1971.

-----

Borrow and spend. Let inflation rip.

SPX leaps put volume today looks to have been way heavier than calls. sold almost half my SPX mar puts at the day's high, may troll for a low reentry if we see a bounce tomorrow a.m., otherwise probably roll forward. (the 3 am futures jam looks almost comical here on GMT time....like it's broad daylight, everyone's awake, who the hell are you trying to fool?)

hey onward - welcome. :)

today was the day that I finally realized the FEED indicator is useless...uncle AL pumped $16b in o/n repo's and still couldn't get it up. one of the largest FEED amounts since 9/11 yet we trended lower all friggin' day. no sign, whatsoever, of any type of a jam...pure downtrend...what was the FEED used for?

short 'em to zero,

direwolf

Archived