bool Party Weekend

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the difference when a bank can now borrow from the discount window and give ABCP as collateral. Knowing that alot of this crap has no known value. What is to stop the FED from just taking this paper at the end of 30 days and letting the bank keep the cash. I have never seen an audited financial statement from the Fed, regarding their full operations so their is nothing to stop the FED from doing this. This is how the game is evolving in my opinion. I very much agree with DOC. Eventually if the public sniffs or snuffs this out it is game over!!!!

I have a feeling the public won't care until toilet paper costs $100 a roll.

games continue

or

When reality sets in

it?s becoming increasingly obvious that intermediate indicators are turning up

things getting interesting

602927[/snapback]

I have never seen this, it's news to me. I just came back to see where it closed, got tired of watching the Bid Walker Walk. On the Q's

avg volume:

154million

today:

right at 83 million for the day.

50%

Been like that all week. They walk it up and take out the stops, but no short covering, so they walk it up some more.

I don't trust my charts, short term everything is way overbought. Even the daily is just about overbought here.

I was watching some of the put's on the Q's, they didn't give up more that a couple of cents above 48. Volume on them was light to, so nobody is throwing in the towel, but nobody can take out the buyers even with this low of volume.

This just ain't right, I don't know what going on. The thin volume after last week just doesn't make sense, it's like the last 3 weeks never happened. Seems like we got thin summer volume and a santa clause rally in Aug.

I just don't know what to think. I guess they want anyone short but them when they take it down.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=a6x5JB5O3L.Y

"Zimbabwe's annual inflation rate, the world's highest, rose to 7,635 percent in July, as a nine- year recession fuelled shortages of food, gasoline and foreign currency."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=a7ZCg00fBR5c

" Mugabe said in February that the state will keep printing money.

``Those who say printing money will cause inflation are suggesting that you just fold your hands and say 'ah, let the situation continue and let the people starve,''' he said. ``I will print money today so that people can survive.'' "

"The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe currently prints the biggest note of $50,000 Zimbabwe dollar over old $20 notes, which can still be seen under the ink of the new bill."

"Wages have failed to keep pace with inflation. Farm workers earn 1.3 million Zimbabwe dollars a month while the Consumer Council of Zimbabwe estimates that a family of six needs 42 million to get by, the Harare-based Zimbabwe Standard newspaper said on May 21."

Consumer must be saved by printing money, nice concept chump. Hope nobody in the "free world" picks up on that idea.

If I understand this stuff -

The Bradley model has a turning point on Monday, August 26. Even though the chart picture looks like the August 26 date is a low, it really just signifies a turning point.

If that is the case, then it seems that, if the Bradley model is going to work, then Monday has to be a high, rather than a low like everyone was expecting.

it's no wonder the panic selling & volatility stopped

(as pointed out by crazy_ate earlier)

Fed bends rules to help Citigroup

An Aug. 20 letter from the Fed to Citigroup states that the Fed, which regulates large parts of the U.S. financial system, has agreed to exempt Citigroup from rules that effectively limit the amount of lending that its federally-insured bank can do with its brokerage affiliate. The exemption, which is temporary, means that Citigroup's Citibank entity can substantially increase funding to Citigroup Global Markets, its brokerage subsidiary. Citigroup requested the exemption, according to the letter.

Fortune

Note the timing of the 8/16 low and Labor Day high in another of the great Bank Panics, The Panic of 1907...

Also had panic low in 1857, and a steep selloff in the fall of 1957....something about years that end in 7, 50 years apart?

1937 and 1987 also had vicious crashes...guess we will find out REAL soon now.....

post-147-1187987925_thumb.jpg

If I understand this stuff -

The Bradley model has a turning point on Monday, August 26.  Even though the chart picture looks like the August 26 date is a low, it really just signifies a turning point.

If that is the case, then it seems that, if the Bradley model is going to work, then Monday has to be a high, rather than a low like everyone was expecting.

602936[/snapback]

Maybe but....here's a picture of Bradley's daytime job..

post-1110-1187988048_thumb.jpg

RUT fractal continues to eeerily track 87 SPX fractal.....

IF/When 790 area goes on ER2, LOB

In the mean, time would not be surprised to see that assblast into Labor Day timeframe.

602933[/snapback]

Can you help me understand the fractal issues? As I understood your post from a couple of days ago, Thursday morning was supposed to be all there was. We are now back up to that point.

Does the fractal pattern shift? Does the fractal pattern somehow morph into something else like in Elliott Waves?

It seems that if something is a true fractal, then fractal must repeat without change. If there is a difference, then it can not be a fractal pattern. Then it becomes just trying to match a randomly identified pattern grouping without any assurance of repetition.

Thnx.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=a6x5JB5O3L.Y

"Zimbabwe's annual inflation rate, the world's highest, rose to 7,635 percent in July, as a nine- year recession fuelled shortages of food, gasoline and foreign currency."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=a7ZCg00fBR5c

" Mugabe said in February that the state will keep printing money.

``Those who say printing money will cause inflation are suggesting that you just fold your hands and say 'ah, let the situation continue and let the people starve,''' he said. ``I will print money today so that people can survive.'' "

"The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe currently prints the biggest note of $50,000 Zimbabwe dollar over old $20 notes, which can still be seen under the ink of the new bill."

"Wages have failed to keep pace with inflation. Farm workers earn 1.3 million Zimbabwe dollars a month while the Consumer Council of Zimbabwe estimates that a family of six needs 42 million to get by, the Harare-based Zimbabwe Standard newspaper said on May 21."

Consumer must be saved by printing money, nice concept chump. Hope nobody in the "free world" picks up on that idea.

602934[/snapback]

"I will print money today so that people can survive."

If he prints money using soybeans or wheat, he might be onto something there.

it's no wonder the panic selling & volatility stopped

(as pointed out by crazy_ate earlier)

Fed bends rules to help Citigroup

An Aug. 20 letter from the Fed to Citigroup states that the Fed, which regulates large parts of the U.S. financial system, has agreed to exempt Citigroup from rules that effectively limit the amount of lending that its federally-insured bank can do with its brokerage affiliate. The exemption, which is temporary, means that Citigroup's Citibank entity can substantially increase funding to Citigroup Global Markets, its brokerage subsidiary. Citigroup requested the exemption, according to the letter.

Fortune

602937[/snapback]

This does a total injustice to the concept of "rules."

Archived