State Of Confusion

sexicons. Don't get me started or Doc will kick me off the board :lol:

Speaking of forecasts, here's mine: Lay a ruler down on a chart of Nasty, tilt it at a 45 degree angle, line it up with price high on Dec 2, put your pencil at that point and then slowly drag it down along the edge of the ruler. Presto, that's it - Nasty forecast! See, and I don't even charge for it. :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thor,

Tanks.

I will re-enter if we break above $370. $360+-$5 is $355-$365.

It's the cmaps and Neely. What am i risking with this idea?

cmaps would suggest whopsaw and Neely would be correct.

We'll all see soon enough. :grin:

Gold bounced off $355 like a ricochet... got me curious... here's the 10 yr chart:

http://www.kitco.com/charts/popup/au3650nyb.html

seems there was a little consolidation on gold back in late 1996 and roughly halfway through 1997.... check it out. Now, if gold can break through that... it's pretty smooth sailing isn't it? right up to 380 and more consolidation there.

that chart just has a look of "I'm not done yet, I'm only just getting started." A very unfinished upside look. $400 isn't too far off.

If we're doing songs here, shouldn't that be "We've Only Just Begun"?

Maybe not, when you think how Karen Carpenter croaked.

I'm not so sure the BIG dumperoo is coming immediately -- I'm thinking more February, around that stool holiday ---

MERDE-de-gras!

I have never seen Gold this volatile. It went up and down that fast?

Not only is something up but Al is plugging the holes in the dam with his fingers and he is rapidly running out of limbs to plug with.

They cannot control this mess. Gold is the 1 factor that they cannot manipulate forever because its supply is limited, unlike paper currency.

Ready for a good laugh.....somebody get this guy (and the Washington Post) an internet connection:

LONDON (Reuters) - Gold paused for breath in Europe on Wednesday as dealers cashed in on an impressive rally, while a White House statement affirming its commitment to a strong dollar also pressured the precious metal, traders said.

Spot gold was trading at US$336.90/337.40 an ounce at 5:25 a.m. EST, well below Tuesday's 5-1/2 year peak of $341.70, but unchanged from New York's Tuesday close of $336.90/337.65.

"I think that we have seen the high, at least for the next week or so," said Greg Fan, senior dealer at NM Rothschild in Hong Kong. "I think that is true for gold as well as the euro."

Gold soared in brisk, nervy trade on Tuesday as a diving dollar, rallying oil prices and fears of a U.S.-led attack on Iraq triggered buying from all sectors.

"Technically, the market is overdone on the upside...and there is institutional and producer selling around," a senior London bullion trader said.

"I think it was a move too far for some of them yesterday and the more sensible ones started to take some profits and others are following on today."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2002Dec18.html

It's going to be puke time watching all the new "experts" in gold. I'm sure Procto is searching the planet for experts with the right hair! Thank God I don't have cable.

Set for major jamming tommorrow. Board is very celebratory. Not good sign. They will attempt once again to save the banks. Too much at stake. Besides this is OE week so all is artificial. Since we closed at High TRin after all day down we are due to do opposite tommorrow as puts get cleared out. Only my take but call it the Stephen Stills, 'For What Its Worth' call. Ewavers are incomprehensible to me. Sorry. Too easy to get seduced by the seeming sophistication of it all. Basically if they can't tell you up or down into a cycle, it ain't no good. An Iowa farmer would tell you the same. The Barrick conspiracy with JPM is interesting considering they were the primary source of money for the little bush turds Presidential campaign and hired the old man shortly after his abbreviated Presidency. They are extreme right wingers, the controling interest of Barricks and reign out of Oklahoma attempting at all times to keep a low profile. Crypto facists with zero flare for subtlety.

Guest AssMaster

P. Eliades on why the 4 year cycle is "different" this time.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_digest_02/c...nsus121702.html

Basically, the last time the market was not up within a year following an initial rate cut (or 12 rate cuts) was 1930...and when was the only time the 4 year cycle low was taken out the following year? 1930. This bear market is "special".

consensus121702a.gif

S. Savile on the Long Term Dollar Bear (which implies Long Term Gold Bull)

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_02/mi...ouse121802.html

milhouse121802b.gif

wooooooooooooooooowza,

doing a little late night reading and looky looky what i found- sneaky FEED- i wonder who these 16" guns are been lowered on????

seems to me the FEED and every other fin. reg agency out here is about to open a serious can o whoopass on some POOR DUMSUMBITCH BANK who wenta little to hard and too deep into Mortage Backed Securities(MBS) and their nuclear derivative cousins.

this is just a little toooooooo coincidental for me,

http://www.federalreserve.gov/boarddocs/pr...217/default.htm

who ever it is, time is not on their side and the FED is lettin em know it, BIG TIME!!

check out the link and the PDF. attached-, hmmmmmm

curiouser curiouser and curiouser indeed

stay nimble stay focused and hey, smoke em

so says i,

MERCILESS

Archived