B4 The Bell Humpday July 21

Stain- I can hear your heart beating from here!

Hey, Brian.

Great day, eh? Just getting caught up on today's posts and the tone is telling me that the damage is just beginning. I wouldn't be caught dead without shorts here.

By the way, I posted this last night:

Only smart thing to do is stay short with stops in place and hope that this thing collapses tomorrow. B)

When you wish upon a star...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sherlock - you are right, and I worry for my nieces and nephews who go ballistic if denied an electronic toy. how will they cope when faced with real problems.

but8

Samuel Johnson said (quoting impressionistically) "There's nothing like awaiting one's own execution that very profoundly concentrates the mind"

The toyless children will very shortly find out what discipline is:History and reality is a very severe taskmaster and tutor

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: And then there are guys like Condorcet,ddduring the French Revolution Terror, who awaiting to be guillotined had so much faith in the future of mankind that the last writings found in his cell were Utopian Pieties--

As for my fate I'm absolutely fearless--I always did enjoy those very long weekends---

If Ameritrade and other trading sites fail to work properly tomorrow, will you be surprised?

I won't care because I finished trading with those creeps.

I went to an ECN and I am getting better fills and stops right

on or within pennies of my stops.

I used to come out of my chair with rage three or four times

a week with the big turd. Not any more. and i am getting much

faster executions and great real time fast charts.

If as so many of us think tommorrow will be somewhat exciting I think a rehearsal of what might happen is in order---

I think my gold and silver will be smashed along with a lot of other things ismply because GMTFO will be the short time collective wisdom of the mob and that (pick a time) the market will stop trading (collar -hour ???? ) and that before that a wild upswing will take place--wherein people will try to scalp a point or two upwards

Within this chaos, are people in institutions permitted to trade outside the normal markets??????

For instance can 2 managers collude so that M1 buys the shit off of m2 with full knowledge hes insouciantly going to perdition because m2 will take care of him later under the table if you know what i mean?

How many criminal moves will be mde that can be made; and will they effect us momentarily or significantly??????

So my question(academic) is how will everyone get his orders executed--??

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: I'm thinking of that crying sniffing guy talking to his borker as someone described it earlier ---Those tears speak of incipient panic and thus compels one to think about survival in a stampede---

comments ??????????????????????????

Who ya using Dep?

Doc, I switched to this company.

http://tradedirectusa.com/

They are in Sarasota, so if things get really bad I can be in their office in an hour and put my hands around somebodys neck. :P

Basically you download their program which runs on the desktop and has custom graphs and a level 2 trading module. The modules are linked so the graphs automatically change to the issue you are trading.

They have a free demo. 2 versions - regular and lite. use the regular.

Good rants tonight. I'm getting hungry for turnips and PEI moonshine. :lol:

I thought I would share this chart I've been working on. I had to squish it down to post it but hopefully it is still readable.

** Disclaimer -- I have no idea what I'm doing. **

According to Hurst, the 4 year cycle is really nominally 54 months, and it divides into three 18-month subcycles. Hurst called this the 80 week cycle, although he noted that it is 78 weeks give or take a few.

If March 2003 was the last 4 year cycle bottom, the next 80 week cycle is due to bottom around the end of September. After that, one would expect a pretty strong rally. How this will play into election time beats me.

After that, straight down for a couple of years. B)

Ya I like it...As long as the psychology holds then a bottom can be engineered...Followed by a doomsday spike then with the last drop of blood squeezed out of the rock...unstoppable oblivion....

Just got the e mail from the Kernels Family-He has come in off the ledge after 19 months and they are scraping the Pigeon shit off him as we speak! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:unsure: :D :D :rolleyes:

Wow! Such great stories tonight. This is the kind of family I like.

So here's my story:

I was born in 1944, third child of four, and the family was living on an almond ranch that had just been purchased after selling a trucking business my folks owned during the war. I grew up poor but didn't know it, because we had everything we needed including great aunts and uncles and grandparents and family gatherings. Because of the shortages my parents faced during the war, you can bet we were self sufficient with meat and vegetables as were my grandparents. I remember all that food preserving we did, and last year when I still had my house and my seven fruit trees and vegetable garden, I canned a lot. Still have something like 40 quarts of tomatoes and sauce along with other stuff left out in the garage. Couldn't give it up - had to pack it down here to the desert.

So I missed the big war but I can still remember vividly in grammer school having to learn duck and cover under the desk if a nuclear bomb went off. How silly, but I guess it made people feel like the were doing something. Cold war it was.

When I was 11 years old my parents sold the almond ranch and bought a large truck farm. For the next 6 years all I can remember is work. We grew mostly tomatoes but also grew sugar beets and corn and melons and alfalfa and etc. Just lots and lots of work, but we also had a nice shop and did all of our own maintenance. In the winter months we would overhaul stuff, and there was lots of equipment to keep repaired. For youngsters we were damned good mechanics, and that is what we ended up taking in high school - agriculture and auto mechanics. Well, all the shop classes actually.

There were no college prep courses as there was a disdain for college educated people in my family, something about "You can always tell an educated man - but you can't tell him much", and "I didn't have a college education, so I had to use my brain". That really cost me when I went to college on my G.I. Bill, because I had to take so many bonehead courses before I could pass the 1A courses. Took me five years to get a four year degree, but that was a lot of math and science and engineering, so no walk in the park.

I went into the Air Force right out of High School to escape the farm work and that fall or winter, while I was in technical school, was the Cuban missile crisis. I thought I was going to be dead before I even got to do my job that I was being trained for. After tech school, was sent to Germany and was in a nuclear missile wing as I posted here earlier today. Checkpoint Charlie was not to far in the rear view mirror at the time so we always felt that if things got hot, we would be the first ones taken out.

While in Germany I learned the language, and travelled all over Europe. What a great opportunity. I really love Madam Wrecked Hims home country of holland and could have fallen in love with one of those pretty Dutch girls, - that's for sure. In fact I was in Amsterdam the night (time difference - it was night there) Kennedy was assasinated. In Germany we used to complain the weather was 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad weather. Sure fell in love with that Rhine and Mosel wine tho.

Also while in Germany I marched in the 20 year re-union of the Battle of the Bulge. That had happened over a lifetime ago for me as I was 19, but for those who fought in it, it was like yesterday. When I now think back on my military service it seems like it was yesterday, but it's 40 years now.

Survival in the coming Hyper depression? Well, I don't know. I have some skills, and I really know how to live simple, but this thing ain't going to be over in three or four years. Your going to have to survive for the rest of your life. It's going to be ugly. Who wants to live like that? Like the soldiers in the Battle of the Bulge found out - dying was easy - it was so easy to die, but staying alive, now that was hard work.

B.S.

Archived