And Man Gained Pounds

And Man Gained Pounds

======================

God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach and green and yellow vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created fast food. And fast food brought forth the 99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?" And Man said, "Super size them."

And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep her figure that Man found so fair.

And Satan froze the yogurt, and he brought forth chocolate, nuts and brightly colored sprinkle candy to put on the yogurt.

And Woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth creamy dressings, bacon bits, and shredded cheese. And there was ice cream for dessert.

And Woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak in the restaurant so big it needed its own platter.

And Man gained pounds, and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God said, "You're running up the score, Devil." And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also. And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.....

And Satan created HMOs...

From MountainWings.com ? The Daily Inspirational Email

an2.gifAnd seamus gets one of my special candles today. Happy First Anniversary, seamus.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ROFL. Thanks, Glad. Since I quit smoking 3 years ago, the devil has been after me constantly. Thanks to Atkins, I'm beating him at his own game.

FWIW:

8:30 am EDT: Initial Claims for week of 4/5, prior 445K, consensus 425K

8:30 am EDT: Trade Balance for February, prior -$41.1B, consensus -$42.0B

Up 5+ pre mkt

ROOM- No wonder the price remained levitated for so long

Reuters

USA Interactive to Buy Rest of Hotels.com

Thursday April 10, 7:50 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - USA Interactive (NasdaqNM:USAI - News), the media group run by Barry Diller, on Thursday said it would buy the remaining public stake in Hotels.com (NasdaqNM:ROOM - News), an online hotel reservation system, for about $1.1 billion, as Diller moves to complete a sweeping restructuring unveiled last year.

In case you missed it.

The Only News That Matters 4/9/03 And it ain't the you know what!

In the only news of real importance today, the Mortgage Bankers ASS released its weekly mortgage applications data, which Doc plots for Stoolies as the MoGauge. This indicator gives us advance notice of probable credit bubble liquidity changes weeks and months in advance of that liquidity hitting the market and the economy.

Doc reviews the charts, and chronicles the short, intermediate, and long term market cycles, with hot pictures of naked stock charts, the Long Bong Hit, Uncle Buck and the Golden Stool. Drop by your stock proctologist's office, and get the inside picture, all in the Anals tonight.

Stoolies, log one in. If you're not a stoolie already, become one Now! And don't forget to join Doc during the market day in Stooltrading Beta as he plots the market's twists and turns for you, in advance yet!

Doc will be traveling from Friday 4/10 to Wednesday 4/23. The last regular publication day will be Turdsday. Abbreviated versions of the Anals will be published . Notices will be posted as usual when the Anals are posted, including notice on nights when there will be no issue.

Archived