IDS World Markets 4/10/03

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the middle of a spectacular thunderstorm here atm so I hope the power stays on long enough for me to post this....

After that solid US selloff I thought we might lose it completely to the downside today but alas after the first hour the buyers came in and scooped up the "bargains". The All Ords -11 (-.4%) which is marginally bearish but not what I hoped for. I suspect a minor bounce may occur in Europe/US when the markets open. Will just be a pause before more downside imo...

The golds performing quite well...Newmont +1.7%, Newcrest doing a pullback but had a big day yesterday, the rest up. The daily charts looking very bullish...

Over and out before I get fried by next lot of lightning..

In the middle of a spectacular thunderstorm here atm so I hope the power stays on long enough for me to post this....

After that solid US selloff I thought we might lose it completely to the downside today but alas after the first hour the buyers came in and scooped up the "bargains".  The All Ords -11 (-.4%) which is marginally bearish but not what I hoped for.  I suspect a minor bounce may occur in Europe/US when the markets open.  Will just be a pause before more downside imo...

The golds performing quite well...Newmont +1.7%, Newcrest doing a pullback but had a big day yesterday, the rest up.  The daily charts looking very bullish...

Over and out before I get fried by next lot of lightning..

Nearly got struck by lightning while hiking in Warrumbungle National Park years ago. Beautiful spot. So inspiring...now I occasionally play golf in the rain in the lightning capital of the World - home - Pinellas Co., FL.

Ya, sorry about the Thunder guys. I was just doing a little celebrating after yesterday's nice move on the PMMs. I nearly got hit by my own lightning here in Indonesia a year ago. Just a couple of metres away. Saw the puff of smoke. Also coincidentally I almost died climbing in the Warrumbungles when I got caught in a thunderstorm while rockclimbing. The danger then was more of exposure or falling then being thunderstruck.

Ever been to Boonoo Boonoo National Park near the Queensland- New South Wales border? Solid granite. Granite is a great non-conductor. Much better than you with your electrolytic blood. Terrible place in a thunderstorm. No place to hide.

Anyone like to guess how the name of the park is pronounced? No?

Bun na Ba noo. :blink:

It's that sizzling noise lightning makes that gets to me...scary stuff, give me thunder anytime....

Nothing much to add about the Aussie mkt now that its closed.....fairly dull day overall, yawn..better luck tomorrow.

Europe in the red SO FAR, could be a bounce later i'm thinking....

Archived