Definitely More Than He Bargained For

FWIW

EWI has April 11-16 for turn time and end of this move

SG has April 9th exactly as top

Bradley model is plus minus 4 days, guess is off a few days and this turn was a bottom for sure....

If NAS doesnt breakout here this afternoon to upside, and Q's dont breakout to 26.91 either....

Then we still have a very near term downleg coming, but it will be a DONG entry point IMO, not a shorting opp.... shorts will get smashed IMO next few days... this is a pause...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would very much appreciate a thread to discuss the Anals and Stooltrading. Also, I think the whole site ought to be pay-for-veiw but then its not my business to say.

To state the obvious, claiming to be bullish or bearish must come with a timeframe qualifier. This is the intraday stool afterall; participants are likely to reverse their opinions of market direction intraday. So I think the important distinction is time frame, not bullish or bearish.

As for me, I have neither the knowledge, tools, nor time to game the tape like many here, however I am anticipating that Stooltrading and this thread will help me pinpoint entry and exit points for my longer cycle trading, bullish or bearish, but undoubtly mostly bearish.

From my perspective, Hurst's work is simply elegant in its theory and application. Doc's daily updating of the index and sector cycles is essential to Hurst's method, or for that matter any trading method, in that you must first identify the market conditions prior to entering a position in any issue.

If you're a lurker and havn't read "The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing" by JM Hurst, you simply can't fully appreciate the value Doc provides in Stooltrading and the Anals. Get the book, pay for the Anals, you won't be disappointed.

few notes

Man can not live on one TA indicator alone... CMAPS alone wont help you, nor will E waves or anything else.... as Bontchev says, use your system that you like, but confirm it with other TA checks as well... I learned this myself recently...

Volume is lightening up on this sideways move, SG sees gaps at 27.17 that will be filled...

Wedges begging to be busted out of as well...

26.91 likely to be tested today, then we go down for a correction. If we runup into the close, hold 26.91... I will cover and re-enter at wave 2 bottom or close.

What BB just said would coincide with wave 1 top at 26.91 on the Q's

Watch and see, it will amaze you...

If we blow through that today, then the upside on this C move is getting to be alot higher than expected.

Too many put buyers to end this rally. Grizzly you are right...

For those who didnt see it, check out the chart I posted I think on Page 1 IDS this morning on QQQ... tells a tale

Its also on the SG waves thread on a post this morning as well.

Cheers, gotta run.

Good luck everyone, be careful.

I would very much appreciate a thread to discuss the Anals and Stooltrading....This is the intraday stool afterall; participants are likely to reverse their opinions of market direction intraday. So I think the important distinction is time frame, not bullish or bearish.

I agree with Crapper's suggestion here. I would like to see a subscriber's only thread with discussion of trading cycles longer than intra-day (10-13 day, 6-7 week, 10-13 week). The Anals deserve more attention!

Archived